Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    And that still doesn't discount them trying to warn them.
    My point is that Taiwan weren't trying to warn anyone.
    They knew that WHO doesn't listen to them, because it's an UN-organization and Taiwan isn't a member.

Sending information to someone you knew will ignore is simply put not helpful.

If they wanted the warning to be heard they could have sent out an official statement, but they didn't - since they cared more about scoring political points and/or were so unsure whether it was significant that they didn't want to lose face.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Someone needs to call out WHO's role in all this shit.
    Their role as working hard to save lives - within the constraint of the political system of the world, and the limits of our knowledge.
    They cannot make China recognize Taiwan as an independent state.
    They know that many countries have self-centered and corrupt leaders; and they cannot change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Boris being responsible for further destroying the UK healthcare system and now he feels the consequences of that.

How Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Per ICNARC estimates, BoJo has a 50/50 shot of making it.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/sta...52077513977857
    I assume there is a, potentially big, factor in this that people can die quick but recovery takes a much longer time.

I would be somewhat hesitant with these figures during a crisis compared to a review in retrospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Boris being responsible for further destroying the UK healthcare system and now he feels the consequences of that.

How Ironic.
    Your a fool if you think the PM suffers from an underfunded NHS. He will be getting the best care.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

How Ironic.
    No, no, no.... that's the point... he wasn't responsible. He was always on the center right's left, as it were.

Boris is just a poster boy for sexually active, masturbating Tory boomers. He always was.

The *real* irony is if his quest for fame has fucked him over. He should have been at home with his missus, earning his fee on HIGNFY and putting his feet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wonderful news now where is the control group.
    oh right over there the tens of thousands who recovered without this drug.

Was it the drug, was it the antibiotics, was it the other treatment???

Should be interesting what the eventual findings are and how they could pivot this into something truly successful but its way too early
    We'll know a few weeks from now. remember that the clinical trials in NYC started 2 weeks ago
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yeah... absolutely. Wag The Dog but darker.

You couldn't make this up... it's surreal.
    this is the best i could do/be bothered to do

-snip-
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-06 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Minor Spam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Your a fool if you think the PM suffers from an underfunded NHS. He will be getting the best care.
    Underfunding healthcare also leads to it spreading more easily.

Who was the fool, again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Underfunding healthcare also leads to it spreading more easily.

Who was the fool, again?
    He didn't get sick because of an underfunded NHS, he got sick because he was shaking the hands with patients at a hospital which had COVID patients.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

It doesn't take long for the truly unpleasant comments to surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's a good message, for sure. The WHO's praising of China's handling of the situation, after months of both trying to silence and play down the issue, is unacceptable. China's handling wasn't adequate.
    And the benefit of not praising China for their new efforts and instead focusing on the previous total mess-up would be?

Would it change the past? Would it actually save lives?

Am I the only to think that its kind of sick and disgusting that an awful lot of people want Boris Johnson to die of Coronavirus??

Leftists are deranged : /
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-06 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Congratz on missing the point, I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And the benefit of not praising China for their new efforts and instead focusing on the previous total mess-up would be?

It's possible to do both.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

I mean it was kind of silly to praise their efforts when they focused on literally everywhere else but the Heibei region for their analysis

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    -snip-
    Very good, very good.

Which one's Brezhnev?

Edit...

Fuck. "Thoughts and prayers" from Theresa May. He's really in the shit.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-06 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Am I the only to think that its kind of sick and disgusting that an awful lot of people want Boris Johnson to die of Coronavirus??

None said that.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

People have commented about wanting RBG to die... and being disappointed about it, and all she's doing is living her life.

She isn't out there misleading the public about the dangers of a virus and then getting themselves sick due to their own recklessness leading to them and perhaps many others ending up in the ICU or dead.

Also who said he should die?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Very good, very good.

Which one's Brezhnev?

Edit...

Fuck. "Thoughts and prayers" from Theresa May. He's really in the shit.
    its not that i want him to die, its the bullshit they cant admit that hes fucked.

look at this shit from the last few days

'A spokesperson insisted on Monday that Johnson's hospital admission was not an "emergency" measure but had merely been for precautionary reasons to carry out tests.

They refused to confirm or deny that the prime minister was suffering from pneumonia.'

Downing Street has previously repeatedly insisted that Johnson was experiencing only "mild symptoms" of the virus.

Johnson was "more seriously ill than either he or his officials were prepared to admit," the Guardian said, reporting a source suggesting that Johnson "was being seen by doctors who were concerned about his breathing."

They are still saying that hes in the ICU as a precaution. Its fucking spin. Absolute bullshit.

Thats why it feels like the death of stalin. Brexit has made them incapable of telling the truth, cutting the bullshit and treating the public like adults who can deal with information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And if you want to compare the rate of growth of multiple countries with different start dates, and the effect of their efforts to slow said rates of growth, then you use a logarithmic graph.
    I'm well aware of this.

I did not originally post data that was about rate of growth. That's the goalpost you've insisted on moving this to, for no reason.

I mean, in an earlier post, you literally claimed the opposite!

Yeah, pro-tip, those were logarithmic graphs...
    And?

What I prefer about their graphs is that they normalize the zero-points on the X-axis to a particular number of deaths, to create an equal zero point for all nations independent of date.

Because, again, logarithmic scales do not address that issue.

So no; I didn't "claim the opposite". You're not reading my posts.

The primary difference between my graph and yours was that mine was logarithmic instead of linear. You said that using a logarithmic visualization was wrong. What other inference was I supposed to make from that?
    Literally never said that.

You're making it up.

I didn't say "data". The use of a definite article was clear; I said "the data," which is entirely in reference to the rate of growth data that is the only thing we've been discussing. I mean, there's zero chance that you can possible infer that I'm talking about all data, given the length of this discussion.

How pathetically disingenuous can you get?
    I was not discussing rate of growth, originally.

You moved that goalpost.

Here's where I first linked data in this particular part of the thread; https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post52230526

That was in a response to a general comment that the USA's response has been worse than other nations, and to highlighting that Brazil's outcomes have been "better" than the USA's, according to the data. Rate of growth wasn't the topic, until you dived in and moved the goalposts.

*sigh* Why do I feel like I'm talking to a 6-year-old?
    Weren't you just (falsely) complaining about ad hominem?
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-04-06 at 08:55 PM.

I needed this laugh.