Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    its almost like....the lockdown worked.....and you just posted proof.....

I just don't understand how people don't understand?

You have 10,000 cases with 80%+ of the population not leaving their homes and/or going to extreme measures to protect themselves, how could you not see that number would have been 10-20-50 fold if those people were not.

They got lucky as it seems they shut down in time to prevent what was expected to be overwhelming to the entire health system.
    there is a brand of far right toryism in the UK that is actively trying end the lockdown the same way that they are in America. Grifters like Toby Young have setup websites to that effect.

At the start of this there was alot of talk about it being a war on the virus. If we were actually at war people like dribbles would be collaborators.

You have 10,000 cases with 80%+ of the population not leaving their homes and/or going to extreme measures to protect themselves, how could you not see that number would have been 10-20-50 fold if those people were not.

They got lucky as it seems they shut down in time to prevent what was expected to be overwhelming to the entire health system.
    He doesn't see it because like most people he has no idea how hard exponential growth can and will hit during a pandemic. Angela Merkel said, during an interview, how just an increase of production/infectionrate from 1 to 1,1 can change the timeline when the german health sector get overwhelmed from not-happening to October. A productionrate of 1,2 (instead of 1) would push the date to July, and 1,3 would push it to June.
    I apologize for not finding the whole interview, that short clip should suffice for the moment
    https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/phot...o_460svav1.mp4
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Of course it "worked".
    It is gonna work even better if you shut down everything except food production and that will be handled by the army and nobody will be allowed to leave the house under any circumstances - like it was in large parts of Wuhan.

While planning this utopia it would also be great to get rid of all vehicles because almost 40k people die annually in crashes in US alone.
    What was wrong with horses?
    /facepalm.....

are you still trying to compare this to car crashes, I mean really still?

thanks for hitting home and proving my post I appreciate it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Don't forget, that In Network facility you went to can send the sample to any lab corp and you're on the hook because it's now out of network!
    Aside from Quest & LabCorp being in-network for nearly every provider, there's also a bill to cover testing.

Of bigger concern is the accuracy of the testing than it's prevalence, I think. At least an article I read had the top 3-4 antibody tests at like 1% false positive, so that'll be useful in itself. Finding actual numbers on the variety of tests out there is hit or miss.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

/facepalm.....

are you still trying to compare this to car crashes, I mean really still?

thanks for hitting home and proving my post I appreciate it.

You're confused.
    I never "compared it" tocar crashes before.
    And I'm not "comparing it" now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    WHO was going off of what China said in that and has since corrected it. The WHO doesn't have people on the ground in every place and at that point, China was the only infected place and was lying through their teeth. No one could have thought China would be so bad that they would jeopardize the world.
    You do know how people read "no evidence of human-to-human transmission" right? They read it as "no human-to-human transmission". That statement from the WHO came out in mid January BTW, after the disease had been around for weeks - the Chinese initially told the WHO that the first case was back on 8th December.

As to China lying, frankly if you look at the WHO's statements re China they had a very willing accomplice in the form of the WHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No one could have thought China would be so bad that they would jeopardize the world.
    Talk about naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Not sure, since the link is years old, though maybe they're backed up that bad and it's "still working it's way"?
    Not sure myself. Haven't seen anything either way re a conclusion, so I guess it's still stuck in the legal system.

Sure, and he's talking about healthier and wealthier civilizations having fewer children and a better life, not mass genocide or biological warfare.
    That's one explanation, sure. But remember, he didn't actually say that.

So what's the point?
    He's put a lot of effort into finding a vaccine for wuflu, you know.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    He's put a lot of effort into finding a vaccine for wuflu, you know.
    Sure, but he's also not the only one. He actually was the second biggest shareholder (well, his organization) in the German company that the politician said Trump was going to buy and hoard the resulting vaccine.

His Foundation mostly funds companies that deliver results, and maybe he should have more oversight on the ones that are in countries that lack the amount of oversight they require, but it seems odd to link him personally to being scared of a COVID vaccine because of a report about a polio vaccination process a decade ago, as filtered through the conspiracy sites.

Hell, didn't people hate him enough when he was just the guy that gave us Windows?

Still interacting with the disingenuous troll? MMO-C never learns.

In real news, White House schedules, cancels, then reschedules press briefing

I guess when you suggest offhand that people can inject themselves with disinfectant or bombard themselves with UV light and then get taken to task for it, you're going to pout for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Still boring linear growth.
    Bottleneck = test throughput

More test, more tests now! I don't see enough tests! ._.
    Why test when you can relax social distancing rules?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but he's also not the only one.
    Yup, but this is why his name is popping up a lot these days.

His Foundation mostly funds companies that deliver results, and maybe he should have more oversight on the ones that are in countries that lack the amount of oversight they require, but it seems odd to link him personally to being scared of a COVID vaccine because of a report about a polio vaccination process a decade ago, as filtered through the conspiracy sites.
    Well it's not just the polio one .

As for the kind of sites... yeah maybe they peddle conspiracies, but frankly I don't consider them any worse than the MSM. He says vaccines are dangerous, she believes in the Russia collusion stuff, and that guy over there is telling you that even though we passed the climate tipping point years ago we should still act to save the planet. Give me some information like PhaelixWW did and I'll judge for myself as best I'm able to.

Hell, didn't people hate him enough when he was just the guy that gave us Windows?
    Apparently not :P .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    He doesn't see it because like most people he has no idea how hard exponential growth can and will hit during a pandemic. Angela Merkel said, during an interview, how just an increase of production/infectionrate from 1 to 1,1 can change the timeline when the german health sector get overwhelmed from not-happening to October. A productionrate of 1,2 (instead of 1) would push the date to July, and 1,3 would push it to June.
    I apologize for not finding the whole interview, that short clip should suffice for the moment
    https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/phot...o_460svav1.mp4
    If we're barely at 1.0 with all the measures in place, I wonder whether schools reopening will be sustainable in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Yup, but this is why his name is popping up a lot these days.
    My aunt is a conspiracy type, so it's not a new thing, it's just leaked more into the main stream because vaccines are in the news. Like the 5g towers activating the nanobots that power the virus, that was at least a new one!

As for the kind of sites... yeah maybe they peddle conspiracies, but frankly I don't consider them any worse than the MSM.
    It just seems to be that when something is revealed as a lie, they swing to the other side and believe stuff from there with the same lack of double checking.
    Give me some information like PhaelixWW did and I'll judge for myself as best I'm able to.
    Why? I can search up some information, but my computer connects to the same internet as yours, so... does it matter?

Apparently not :P .
    I guess I should reveal that I use Bing, and Microsoft pays me in Microsoft Rewards, so I admit... I am a Gates-Shill. :-p

5+ Year Old Account
    Refrain from giving advice over treatments, vaccines, and other methods of medication. We are not professionals and regardless of sources, it would be irresponsible and dangerous considering the anxiety surrounding the pandemic.

This warning has been added to the OP.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

7+ Year Old Account
    My aunt is a conspiracy type, so it's not a new thing, it's just leaked more into the main stream because vaccines are in the news. Like the 5g towers activating the nanobots that power the virus, that was at least a new one!
    Well at least that one has a bit of correlation going for it: the worst-affected places for the wuflu are cities, and 5G towers etc tend to be in more urban areas. I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's not 5G and nanobots though :P .

It just seems to be that when something is revealed as a lie, they swing to the other side and believe stuff from there with the same lack of double checking.
    Yeah, you can definitely swing too far. Even if you think the MSM is fundamentally dishonest... they're probably not all lizards wearing human masks, you know?

Why? I can search up some information, but my computer connects to the same internet as yours, so... does it matter?
    Sorry, I meant in general, not you specifically.

I guess I should reveal that I use Bing, and Microsoft pays me in Microsoft Rewards, so I admit... I am a Gates-Shill. :-p
    Hey, I don't mind Windows either. Beats Apple's stuff, and Linux... well I don't run a server so meh :P .

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I get stay at home not being fun. I know finances aren't good for a lot of people. I know some people can't a hair cut, or a night out, or a day at the mall. But if you can't endure hardships you're weak. It is what it is. Protesting that you need a haircut is weak. Complaining that you can't have someone wait for you at a restaurant is weak. Bank account low? Some people have been living like their entire life. I didn't know how soft and weak society was until now.
    It's not about being weak and soft.
    It's about being in a self-imposed prison...a norwegian prison cell, which I'm told are a lot nicer, but still...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's not about being weak and soft.
    It's about being in a self-imposed prison...a norwegian prison cell, which I'm told are a lot nicer, but still...
    No way any Norwegian prison is nicer than my lil' hut.
    Bigger, maybe. But not nicer. :P

7+ Year Old Account

Except never before in history have we quarantined all the young, fit and the healthy to protect the vulnerable and elderly.

Sure I am all for lockdown to protect those who need to be shielded, but give those that choose to take their chances against the virus that freedom to do so. If you don't want to catch it, sit in your house vegetating for the rest of your life never going out, but don't make those who accept that there is some risk to living do the same.

What right have the elderly to inflict that on everyone? Selfish olds if you ask me.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Except never before in history have we quarantined all the young, fit and the healthy to protect the vulnerable and elderly.

unfortunately in this country, the majority of people have underlying conditions that make them vulnerable. They outnumber the young, healthy and fit...

and I would argue we did in 1918.

Sure I am all for lockdown to protect those who need to be shielded, but give those that choose to take their chances against the virus that freedom to do so. If you don't want to catch it, sit in your house vegetating for the rest of your life never going out, but don't make those who accept that there is some risk to living do the same.

Good if they "choose to take their chances" then let them sign a waver that allows healthcare workers to Opt out of "taking chances" caring for them.

it be nice if a persons "choices" had no effect on thousands of other people on a daily basis.

take a look at all the nursing homes and what happens, all you need is a single person who "wanted to take chances". One single parent sending their kid to school to "take chances".....etc etc

What right have the elderly to inflict that on everyone? Selfish olds if you ask me.
    Again not just the elderly.

Last time I checked everyone had equal rights.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never before in history, huh?

What a nice revisionist history you've crafted for yourself.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    So Texas is dropping their stay at home order after April 30th, and this will override other counties orders so basically there will be no more stay at home orders.

Also Texas is having retail, movie theaters, resturaunts, and MALLS (for some reason) able to open at 25% capacity starting May 1st. Gyms and salons May 15th. Companies that break capacity rules will be shut down.

Man, while Texas has been lucky in that we arent near hospital capacity, this seems like a bad idea still. and how the hell do you enforce capacity at MALLS of all places?

Whelp I'll still be wearing my mask when going out and only going out to the grocery store for awhile.