1. #1441
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    There is also one from a 25 year old man who claimed it felt like he was suffocating the entire time...

    Call me skeptical if you must but I don't see China shutting down its production capabilities to this degree if it was "just a cold".unless their respect for human life and comfort has really shot up as of late.

    I think a easier way to think of it is like chickenpox. Young children dont really suffer from it but are carriers while adults suffer and the old die. Just you can never get a immunity to it...
    yesterday china release statement that according to autopsy of people who died in "hard" cases it leads to fibrossis of lungs and can cause permanent damage to lungs. they still have no clue what long lasting effects it will have on human bodies.

    people shoudl imidiately stop comparing coronavirus to flu because they are not same deseases.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    There is also one from a 25 year old man who claimed it felt like he was suffocating the entire time...

    Call me skeptical if you must but I don't see China shutting down its production capabilities to this degree if it was "just a cold".unless their respect for human life and comfort has really shot up as of late.

    I think a easier way to think of it is like chickenpox. Young children dont really suffer from it but are carriers while adults suffer and the old die. Just you can never get a immunity to it...
    yesterday china release statement that according to autopsy of people who died in "hard" cases it leads to fibrossis of lungs and can cause permanent damage to lungs. they still have no clue what long lasting effects it will have on human bodies.

    people shoudl imidiately stop comparing coronavirus to flu because they are not same deseases.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The reason for shutting down the "slave-work camps" with 7-workdays-weeks and 7/24 sleeprotations for the same bed might be a different one as you expect.

    COVID-19 is infectious before it even shows symptomes, so it cant be contained in such kind of work-camps, because it would spread in those inhuman conditions. High population density and working conditions that could only be described as labor camps is forcing china to more extreme measures to keep the working bees alive.

    It makes no sense to compare the actions needed to contain the virus from spreading from the typical western world - information and service society - to the "world powers" stuck in the industrial age with cheap, low-educated workers. Taking "Home-Office" for 1-2 weeks instead of the regular 0.5/1 days per week is possible for the western world, but those measures don't work for the slave societys.
    really ? - those "amazing western coulture" are in direct danger because those slave societies produce most of active compponents for most stron medications like antibiotics.

    if we cant contain this virus we are on verge of collapse of this "amazing modern societies" which moved all their production ot asia.

    if west would be to move it back it would cause imidiate 50-100% inflation in most of industry branches - and most of people would found themselve very very poor.

  2. #1442
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    20,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    There is also one from a 25 year old man who claimed it felt like he was suffocating the entire time...

    Call me skeptical if you must but I don't see China shutting down its production capabilities to this degree if it was "just a cold".unless their respect for human life and comfort has really shot up as of late.

    I think a easier way to think of it is like chickenpox. Young children dont really suffer from it but are carriers while adults suffer and the old die. Just you can never get a immunity to it...
    I mean one could also say if its so dangerous then when why aren't other nations following suit (I'm not saying it is or isn't dangerous. I don't think dwelling on China is useful). The most populated nation in the world thats also extremely dense. They can't afford for a dense to run rampant whether its a cold or ebola.

    What can be said is that eastern countries tend to react to outbreaks in a more organized fashion. Here in the US we're basically everyone man for themselves while cases continue to climb and people being told they're infected by newscasts.

  3. #1443
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,258
    I'm comforted by random posters on a gaming forum saying there is nothing to worry about.

  4. #1444
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm comforted by random posters on a gaming forum saying there is nothing to worry about.
    The best example is Africa dude. Nobody got sick there. This proves Coronavirus is either a hoax or just a mild flu at worst.


    Edit: addin /s in case Poes Law earns me a red card

  5. #1445
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,258
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The best example is Africa dude. Nobody got sick there. This proves Coronavirus is either a hoax or just a mild flu at worst.


    Edit: addin /s in case Poes Law earns me a red card
    Chuckling here. The /s wasn't necessary, for me at least.

  6. #1446
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Can people stop posting reasonable stuff like this it's really killing the hysteria vibe.
    Actually, you should be more worried that many have mild symptoms - because those are the ones that will think it's just a common cold and they can still go to work at the nursing home - since they need to pay their bills.

  7. #1447
    Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    And should they do according to you?
    Yes. /shortone
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

  8. #1448
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    It makes no sense to compare the actions needed to contain the virus from spreading from the typical western world - information and service society - to the "world powers" stuck in the industrial age with cheap, low-educated workers. Taking "Home-Office" for 1-2 weeks instead of the regular 0.5/1 days per week is possible for the western world, but those measures don't work for the slave societys.
    We will soon see - and I doubt your predictions will age well.

    Many workers in the western world can take home-office for a few weeks, or stay home with sick-pay. But far from all.

  9. #1449
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if we cant contain this virus we are on verge of collapse of this "amazing modern societies" which moved all their production ot asia.

    if west would be to move it back it would cause imidiate 50-100% inflation in most of industry branches - and most of people would found themselve very very poor.
    Thats not how it works.

    There is so much cheap labor worldwide that even china is outsourcing production to south asia/india, the whole african continent and south america.

    The truth is, that whole continents could break down for cheap labor and the general population in the few western countrys would not even notice a change in the day-to-day life.

    Do you really care if you get your semiconductors from taiwan, china, africa or india?

    Yes some cheap "africa phones" for 5-10€ would not be possible without china, but how does this affect the westerns iphone consuments that pay 1000€ for a smartphone every 1-2 years? Apple might not make 850€ profit per phone anymore - I know, I know a huge disaster, the loss of that much tax money.

    At worse it could push the middle class, you know that part of the economy that actually benefits the wealth of the overall pululation and not just the wealth of the sub 1%. Horrible! Just Horrible if the large global brands with 100% asia production would lose money and would have to invest in national production. What a grimm looking consequence.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-03-08 at 11:27 AM.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  10. #1450
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people shoudl imidiately stop comparing coronavirus to flu because they are not same deseases.
    They should more importantly call this COVID-19, not coronavirus, as there are other coronaviruses - some cause the common cold (the common cold is a mix of a number diseases; and some percentage are caused by a number of other coronaviruses - even if the majority are caused by rhinoviruses).

  11. #1451
    Bodies are piling up in Iran as my relatives witnessed their loved ones being buried in mass graves to avoid public declaration of the death tolls, apparantly it kills more than it gets published, both in Iran and China
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...9-myths-busted

    But the thing is, where is the democracy headed to, when we cant trust any government around the globe, and they have invested so much in fighting riots and rebels and controling information that we all feel theres nothing we could do to change them?

  12. #1452
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Thats not how it works.

    There is so much cheap labor worldwide that even china is outsourcing production to south asia/india, the whole african continent and south america.

    The truth is, that whole continents could break down for cheap labor and the general population in the few western countrys would not even notice a change in the day-to-day life.

    Do you really care if you get your semiconductors from taiwan, china, africa or india?

    Yes some cheap "africa phones" for 5-10€ would not be possible without china, but how does this affect the westerns iphone consuments that pay 1000€ for a smartphone every 1-2 years? Apple might not make 850€ profit per phone anymore - I know, I know a huge disaster, the loss of that much tax money.

    At worse it could push the middle class, you know that part of the economy that actually benefits the wealth of the overall pululation and not just the wealth of the sub 1%. Horrible! Just Horrible if the large global brands with 100% asia production would lose money and would have to invest in national production. What a grimm looking consequence.
    your example is very poor. i dont blame you since i doubt you have much experience in business.

    the lack of components and materials produced in china leads direckly to many factories in west being unable to function. this can easily lead to huge reducement in employement.

    the situation in italy is vastly underplayed. most of factories that we work with stopped working 2 weeks ago and and there are no estimate when they will go back to work . if this virues contines to spread liek this their whole country will be under lockdown in 2 weeks. situation in china is tragic - most shippements stopped over a month ago and nobody have any idea when they will resume working .we already had to send contracts to companies in our country but this will mean that winter collection will me minimum 30% more expensive then the one from last year because of labour costs. and this is all under assumption that our country wont get hit strongly by virus. i it will be ? well this will mean huge lacks of supply in our prducts as we are one of leading producers that product in our country

    people focus on making supplies of pasts and canned food - mate my advice is make supply of things like winter clothes/footwear etc while they are on sale atm because if virus will continue to spread like this prices of those products will go minimum 100%up.

  13. #1453
    Warchief Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    420th state
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    Bodies are piling up in Iran as my relatives witnessed their loved ones being buried in mass graves to avoid public declaration of the death tolls, apparantly it kills more than it gets published, both in Iran and China
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...9-myths-busted

    But the thing is, where is the democracy headed to, when we cant trust any government around the globe, and they have invested so much in fighting riots and rebels and controling information that we all feel theres nothing we could do to change them?
    I don't know anything about this particular case with Iran, and this isn't necessarily directed at what you're saying, but I do want to point out that all this talk of places like China and Iran having "bodies piled up waiting to be burned or tossed into mass graves" does not necessarily mean they are hiding numbers and "tens to hundreds of thousands of people" are dying from it.

    Just because there's a virus doesn't automatically stop everyone else in a city dying from other causes, including old age. When the medical sector is backed up as it is, many more will be dying of other causes as well. If funeral services are suspended, bodies will pile up. I believe (I could be wrong) that Hubei is requiring bodies to be burned rather than the traditional methods of burial, and not just bodies from those that died from COVID-19.

    So all these "piled up bodies" that people are consistently talking about aren't just people who died from COVID. From what I can find, there's a worldwide 7.7 deaths per 1000 people per year. In Hubei's population of around 60 million, that's around 500,000 people that die per year of anything, about 40,000 per month. That's a lot of bodies that now need to be burned rather than buried. A lot of bodies that suspended funeral services can't handle, and hospitals are stuck with.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2020-03-08 at 11:54 AM.

  14. #1454
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having a beer with dad'hardt
    Posts
    26,272
    #boycottchina

  15. #1455
    Brewmaster Arenis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Yes. /shortone
    You know perfectly well that I meant "what should they do"...
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

  16. #1456
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm comforted by random posters on a gaming forum saying there is nothing to worry about.
    IKR. haha i'm comforted by the fact i'm in Beijing where the only cases we seem to get are from outside of the country via planes that shouldn't be letting them in. All of my relatives live in the sticks in Wis or very rural areas of NH.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm comforted by random posters on a gaming forum saying there is nothing to worry about.
    IKR. haha i'm comforted by the fact i'm in Beijing where the only cases we seem to get are from outside of the country via planes that shouldn't be letting them in. All of my relatives live in the sticks in Wis or very rural areas of NH.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The best example is Africa dude. Nobody got sick there. This proves Coronavirus is either a hoax or just a mild flu at worst.


    Edit: addin /s in case Poes Law earns me a red card
    Or got scared off by Ebola. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...153330491.html
    There ya go! It's safe to assume they are well stocked on TP for the rest of their lives. :P
    2,300 TP rolls.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  17. #1457
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I don't know anything about this particular case with Iran, and this isn't necessarily directed at what you're saying, but I do want to point out that all this talk of places like China and Iran having "bodies piled up waiting to be burned or tossed into mass graves" does not necessarily mean they are hiding numbers and "tens to hundreds of thousands of people" are dying from it.

    Just because there's a virus doesn't automatically stop everyone else in a city dying from other causes, including old age. When the medical sector is backed up as it is, many more will be dying of other causes as well. If funeral services are suspended, bodies will pile up. I believe (I could be wrong) that Hubei is requiring bodies to be burned rather than the traditional methods of burial, and not just bodies from those that died from COVID-19.

    So all these "piled up bodies" that people are consistently talking about aren't just people who died from COVID. From what I can find, there's a worldwide 7.7 deaths per 1000 people per year. In Hubei's population of around 60 million, that's around 500,000 people that die per year of anything, about 40,000 per month. That's a lot of bodies that now need to be burned rather than buried. A lot of bodies that suspended funeral services can't handle, and hospitals are stuck with.
    You are absolutely right, that and the fact that no one is working to burry them. But the thing is denying a truth doesn't cover its existance. The first city that got exposed had a death rate more than 20% compared to overall being declared now, and denying history is only of a natural instinct to keep your senses in a safe mode, hence the suppression that exists in facism like the chernobyl incident, we have hundreds of which in history when the population was lied to to keep it away from panic, or other political reasons, exhibit the 176 ukranian flight incident, or the trump treason with russia, or the peace USA signed with the 9/11 terrorist party last week, or the coup USA denied for 50 years and then released the documents to it, or the ISIS being supported first from europe, then denied and faught against, or the Karter communication with Khomeini that was denied then proved. You don't want to know their reasons, as long as they can keep your attention span away from it.

    TL;DR Yes, but that doesn't prove anything. You don't want to believe that you are manipulated or being controlled, it's safe to assume from history, that's a fact, but you are not being lied to is not.

  18. #1458
    It's in my neck of the woods now. Cherry Hill NJ just down the road from me.

  19. #1459
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's in my neck of the woods now. Cherry Hill NJ just down the road from me.
    better stock up and just stay home gaming for a few weeks straight. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  20. #1460
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having a beer with dad'hardt
    Posts
    26,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's in my neck of the woods now. Cherry Hill NJ just down the road from me.
    Stock up on instant noodles and flour
    #boycottchina

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •