10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Or, if can mass produce/distribute it.
    If it's in the US, they'll want their money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that is simply a matter of logistics and time.
    Distribution, is logistics, production is not, because its very complex to produce a vaccine, and most phamaceutical companies just can't produce enought to supply the entire world, so, its logistics mixed with science.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    If it's in the US, they'll want their money for it.
    They going to ask money to everyone, the diference of the US and other countries like mine, is that the US doesn't has a National Health Service that comparticipates expenses. So, in US, if you want the vaccine you will most likely end paying from your pocket, whille in other countries, the governement may pay the vaccines from the budget and then deploy it to their citezens.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Most of Europe is under control now and things have re-opened with some measures.
    Not only is EU "under control" but the excess mortality numbers are below baseline for week 18.
    Looks like we are saving more lives due to distancing and disinfections than there are covid victims

Was a fun thread, time to lay it to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Not only is EU "under control" but the excess mortality numbers are below baseline for week 18.
    Looks like we are saving more lives due to distancing and disinfections than there are covid victims

Was a fun thread, time to lay it to rest.
    It was a ridiculous thread filled with over reaction, just like in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Distribution, is logistics, production is not, because its very complex to produce a vaccine, and most phamaceutical companies just can't produce enought to supply the entire world, so, its logistics mixed with science.

They going to ask money to everyone, the diference of the US and other countries like mine, is that the US doesn't has a National Health Service that comparticipates expenses. So, in US, if you want the vaccine you will most likely end paying from your pocket, whille in other countries, the governement may pay the vaccines from the budget and then deploy it to their citezens.
    I knew we were fucked on prices from the get go. I'm curious how much said company will charge other countries for it, being the american way.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in US, if you want the vaccine you will most likely end paying from your pocket...
    This is the kind of stupid statement that just underlines how poorly people understand the US healthcare system.

I'd say there's just about zero chance that anybody with health insurance is going to have to pay a cent out of pocket for the vaccine if/when it comes. And I'd give it good odds that it'd be free even for the few percent without health insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Because you're wrong. Again.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This is the kind of stupid statement that just underlines how poorly people understand the US healthcare system.

I'd say there's just about zero chance that anybody with health insurance is going to have to pay a cent out of pocket for the vaccine if/when it comes. And I'd give it good odds that it'd be free even for the few percent without health insurance.
    Funny that, remember all COVID testing would be covered by your insurance? You won't have to pay a cent.
    I didn't pay a cent, I have to pay 26000 cents. Because my sample got sent to one of the clinics two labs, one was "in network" one was "out of network" for me. The clinic chose to send it to the one that was out of network. Still fighting with United Health over it, via the NJ department of Public Law and Safety. It's been 2 months and a week or so.

So yeah, that's a good understanding of the system, and I'll trust it not costing a cent when I'm not charged for it, until then, capitalism ho!

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

Ehm, deductibles?
    Anyone that hasn't used up their deductible will be paying for a vaccine?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Funny that, remember all COVID testing would be covered by your insurance? You won't have to pay a cent.
    I didn't pay a cent, I have to pay 26000 cents. Because my sample got sent to one of the clinics two labs, one was "in network" one was "out of network" for me. The clinic chose to send it to the one that was out of network. Still fighting with United Health over it, via the NJ department of Public Law and Safety. It's been 2 months and a week or so.

So yeah, that's a good understanding of the system, and I'll trust it not costing a cent when I'm not charged for it, until then, capitalism ho!
    Wild, drastic differences in those two scenarios.

Not that I'm suggesting that you should have to pay the test charge, either, however, but it's hardly the same thing.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ehm, deductibles?
    Generally, not in the US if their provider is in network, and I'll be surprised if even that caveat isn't annulled for a covid vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ehm, deductibles?
    Do you pay a deductible for your flu shot? No.

Let's be honest, here. Your insurance company is going to absolutely want you to get vaccinated, rather than have you get COVID and leave your insurance company to pay for those bills.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    It was a ridiculous thread filled with over reaction, just like in the real world.
    Are you sure that dismissing one hundred 9/11’s worth of American deaths in the space of three months is the strategy you wanna go with?

Why do you hate America so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Seems to me a lot of people hate America right now, especially Americans themselves.

Why can't the USA do what Singapore and Central African Republic did?
    Just look at their case/death ratios :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many Republicans for a concerted effort.

It’s really hard to coordinate a pandemic response when you have a good third of people that won’t obey social distancing restrictions, won’t wear masks, and probably won’t get any vaccine. It’s even harder when those people were able to take over the government and impose that same set of beliefs on the rest of us.

Why has America’s response been so crappy? Because many of its people responded to a crisis in a stereotypically American way. Y’all are the problem.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Do you even know what they did?

They stopped corona dead in its tracks.
    Just copy them.

Just copy them.
    You think that can happen now?
    Might want to catch up on current events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just copy them.
    We can't. Too many individualists in America.

I'm sorry, did you just use the CAR as an example for anything? It's one of the 10 poorest countries in the world and males have a life expectancy of 51 years. The chances of them having trustworthy testing and reporting are literally zero.

You don't have any credibility here, don't go negative.