1. #16341
    Pandaren Monk Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that depends entirely on if there's a vaccine or not.
    Or, if can mass produce/distribute it.

  2. #16342
    Merely a Setback breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    25,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Or, if can mass produce/distribute it.
    that is simply a matter of logistics and time.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  3. #16343
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Or, if can mass produce/distribute it.
    If it's in the US, they'll want their money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  4. #16344
    Pandaren Monk Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    that is simply a matter of logistics and time.
    Distribution, is logistics, production is not, because its very complex to produce a vaccine, and most phamaceutical companies just can't produce enought to supply the entire world, so, its logistics mixed with science.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    If it's in the US, they'll want their money for it.
    They going to ask money to everyone, the diference of the US and other countries like mine, is that the US doesn't has a National Health Service that comparticipates expenses. So, in US, if you want the vaccine you will most likely end paying from your pocket, whille in other countries, the governement may pay the vaccines from the budget and then deploy it to their citezens.

  5. #16345
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Most of Europe is under control now and things have re-opened with some measures.
    Not only is EU "under control" but the excess mortality numbers are below baseline for week 18.
    Looks like we are saving more lives due to distancing and disinfections than there are covid victims

    Was a fun thread, time to lay it to rest.

  6. #16346
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Not only is EU "under control" but the excess mortality numbers are below baseline for week 18.
    Looks like we are saving more lives due to distancing and disinfections than there are covid victims

    Was a fun thread, time to lay it to rest.
    It was a ridiculous thread filled with over reaction, just like in the real world.

  7. #16347
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Distribution, is logistics, production is not, because its very complex to produce a vaccine, and most phamaceutical companies just can't produce enought to supply the entire world, so, its logistics mixed with science.


    They going to ask money to everyone, the diference of the US and other countries like mine, is that the US doesn't has a National Health Service that comparticipates expenses. So, in US, if you want the vaccine you will most likely end paying from your pocket, whille in other countries, the governement may pay the vaccines from the budget and then deploy it to their citezens.
    I knew we were fucked on prices from the get go. I'm curious how much said company will charge other countries for it, being the american way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  8. #16348
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    So, in US, if you want the vaccine you will most likely end paying from your pocket...
    This is the kind of stupid statement that just underlines how poorly people understand the US healthcare system.

    I'd say there's just about zero chance that anybody with health insurance is going to have to pay a cent out of pocket for the vaccine if/when it comes. And I'd give it good odds that it'd be free even for the few percent without health insurance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Not only is EU "under control" but the excess mortality numbers are below baseline for week 18.
    Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Because you're wrong. Again.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  9. #16349
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This is the kind of stupid statement that just underlines how poorly people understand the US healthcare system.

    I'd say there's just about zero chance that anybody with health insurance is going to have to pay a cent out of pocket for the vaccine if/when it comes. And I'd give it good odds that it'd be free even for the few percent without health insurance.
    Funny that, remember all COVID testing would be covered by your insurance? You won't have to pay a cent.
    I didn't pay a cent, I have to pay 26000 cents. Because my sample got sent to one of the clinics two labs, one was "in network" one was "out of network" for me. The clinic chose to send it to the one that was out of network. Still fighting with United Health over it, via the NJ department of Public Law and Safety. It's been 2 months and a week or so.

    So yeah, that's a good understanding of the system, and I'll trust it not costing a cent when I'm not charged for it, until then, capitalism ho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  10. #16350
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    This is the kind of stupid statement that just underlines how poorly people understand the US healthcare system.

    I'd say there's just about zero chance that anybody with health insurance is going to have to pay a cent out of pocket for the vaccine if/when it comes. And I'd give it good odds that it'd be free even for the few percent without health insurance.
    Ehm, deductibles?
    Anyone that hasn't used up their deductible will be paying for a vaccine?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  11. #16351
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Funny that, remember all COVID testing would be covered by your insurance? You won't have to pay a cent.
    I didn't pay a cent, I have to pay 26000 cents. Because my sample got sent to one of the clinics two labs, one was "in network" one was "out of network" for me. The clinic chose to send it to the one that was out of network. Still fighting with United Health over it, via the NJ department of Public Law and Safety. It's been 2 months and a week or so.

    So yeah, that's a good understanding of the system, and I'll trust it not costing a cent when I'm not charged for it, until then, capitalism ho!
    Wild, drastic differences in those two scenarios.

    Not that I'm suggesting that you should have to pay the test charge, either, however, but it's hardly the same thing.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  12. #16352
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ehm, deductibles?
    Anyone that hasn't used up their deductible will be paying for a vaccine?
    Generally, not in the US if their provider is in network, and I'll be surprised if even that caveat isn't annulled for a covid vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  13. #16353
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Ehm, deductibles?
    Anyone that hasn't used up their deductible will be paying for a vaccine?
    Do you pay a deductible for your flu shot? No.

    Let's be honest, here. Your insurance company is going to absolutely want you to get vaccinated, rather than have you get COVID and leave your insurance company to pay for those bills.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  14. #16354
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    48,988
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    It was a ridiculous thread filled with over reaction, just like in the real world.
    Are you sure that dismissing one hundred 9/11’s worth of American deaths in the space of three months is the strategy you wanna go with?

    Why do you hate America so much?
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  15. #16355
    Seems to me a lot of people hate America right now, especially Americans themselves.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration


  16. #16356
    Why can't the USA do what Singapore and Central African Republic did?
    Just look at their case/death ratios :>

  17. #16357
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The ACAB Spring
    Posts
    48,988
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Why can't the USA do what Singapore and Central African Republic did?
    Just look at their case/death ratios :>
    Too many Republicans for a concerted effort.

    It’s really hard to coordinate a pandemic response when you have a good third of people that won’t obey social distancing restrictions, won’t wear masks, and probably won’t get any vaccine. It’s even harder when those people were able to take over the government and impose that same set of beliefs on the rest of us.

    Why has America’s response been so crappy? Because many of its people responded to a crisis in a stereotypically American way. Y’all are the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by White America View Post
    I have no obligation to condemn racists. You ideologues on the other hand, are an actual problem.

  18. #16358
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Why can't the USA do what Singapore and Central African Republic did?
    Just look at their case/death ratios :>
    Do you even know what they did?

  19. #16359
    They stopped corona dead in its tracks.
    Just copy them.

  20. #16360
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    They stopped corona dead in its tracks.
    Just copy them.
    You think that can happen now?
    Might want to catch up on current events.
    Acquittal doesn't mean exoneration


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •