Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Yet people are comparing it to the flu. I wanna see the flu causing all that, or even a fraction. :P
    You don't see headlines saying *this just in..the flu is causing oil prices to drop and the stock market to go down..flights losing billions of $$*
    If we had a mother fucking death counter and a breaking news report every 10 minutes on all channels on how many people get diabetes and die or are maimed by diabetes, we would have fucking banned Sugar by now.

The panic has very very little to do with the damage the illness can cause and all to do with how the fucking media deals with it and how people are dumb enough to fucking panic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If we had a mother fucking death counter and a breaking news report every 10 minutes on all channels on how many people get diabetes and die or are maimed by diabetes, we would have fucking banned Sugar by now.
    Comparing a Contagious Virus with no Vaccine available to Diabetes which is easily preventable and not contagious?

The panic has very very little to do with the damage the illness can cause and all to do with how the fucking media deals with it and how people are dumb enough to fucking panic.
    Wrong, it has everything to do with the damage the illness can cause, and what panic? You mean people panic buying cleaning supplies?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-10 at 04:34 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

"Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

There's a difference though, between personal choice and something out of your control. Banning sugar is seriously ridiculous, it's a persons choice to consume that much sugar (and you have to question if the stats are all related to JUST sugar consumption and not hereditary). You don't choice to become infected.

A better stat would be how many people die because someone ELSE drank. A drunk driver kills someone every 50 minutes or so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Wrong, it has everything to do with the damage the illness can cause, and what panic? You mean people panic buying cleaning supplies?
    There's no reason for the entire country of Australia to be out of TP, come on man. People are having to buy generally cheap household item for massive amounts higher on things like Ebay just to wipe their ass.

Bare in mind i was joking and saying how some are comparing this to the flu, yet the flu wouldn't cause global damage/multiple country wide panic buying. Being sensible and staying calm/following directions given by public health figures, there is no need to panic or out mass buying things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's a difference though, between personal choice and something out of your control. Banning sugar is seriously ridiculous, it's a persons choice to consume that much sugar (and you have to question if the stats are all related to JUST sugar consumption and not hereditary). You don't choice to become infected.

A better stat would be how many people die because someone ELSE drank. A drunk driver kills someone every 50 minutes or so

- - - Updated - - -

There's no reason for the entire country of Australia to be out of TP, come on man. People are having to buy generally cheap household item for massive amounts higher on things like Ebay just to wipe their ass.
    Speaking of Australia. Did you see that family that accidentally bought a crap ton of TP *2300 ish rolls* by mistake? They meant to order a lot less. There was a post of their daughter sitting on 2 full stacked pallets of TP.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    China is notorious for lying. Everything is a front in that country when it comes to anything that could hurt their image.

There's zero chance that the numbers they report are accurate.

Saying that China is being truthful would be like saying Trump is being truthful.
    What does it matter if China is lying? You don't live there, and they're dealing with it far better than any other country. It's extremely pathetic how other countries have been treating the spread of the virus comparatively.

Until a country is willing to close down the travel of 60 million people entirely (not just partially), they can shove it in complaining that China isn't doing enough.

It's also important to realize that any vaccine being available in the next 12-15 months is wishful thinking. There is still no vaccine to SARS and that was 18 years ago. Luckily a lot of money is pouring into creating a vaccine, but money doesn't magically make one appear. Tests have to be continuously successful for a vaccine to even begin to materialize, and that could potentially take years.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2020-03-10 at 04:54 AM.

Speaking of Australia. Did you see that family that accidentally bought a crap ton of TP *2300 ish rolls* by mistake? They meant to order a lot less. There was a post of their daughter sitting on 2 full stacked pallets of TP.
    How the fuck do you accidentally buy 2300 +/- rolls of TP? O.o

the US last night admitted they have no way to even track what hospitals and testing facilities are doing with the 900,000 test kits.

so the numbers in the US are not even close to accurate since tracking is a huge cluster fuck right now.

sad since we had so much time to prepair after it started to spread in china...but i guess when you have an administration that thinks its just the flu and will not be a problem.....

- - - Updated - - -

accidentally just pulled a profit if they are smart and sell them 5 rolls at a time online!!

make the flip baby!
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

They were doing an online order and when they entered 58 they though it was the number of rolls of TP. Turned out it was the number of cartoons they had ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They were doing an online order and when they entered 58 they though it was the number of rolls of TP. Turned out it was the number of cartoons they had ordered.
    So either not paying attention or bad labeling on the site, that could make sense. Though, i've never seen anywhere that sells by the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the US last night admitted they have no way to even track what hospitals and testing facilities are doing with the 900,000 test kits.

so the numbers in the US are not even close to accurate since tracking is a huge cluster fuck right now.

sad since we had so much time to prepair after it started to spread in china...but i guess when you have an administration that thinks its just the flu and will not be a problem.....
    The number of test kits is actually irrelevant because the labs can only do about 7800 tests per day and that is if they stop testing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    What does it matter if China is lying? You don't live there, and they're dealing with it far better than any other country. It's extremely pathetic how other countries have been treating the spread of the virus comparatively.

Until a country is willing to close down the travel of 60 million people entirely (not just partially), they can shove it in complaining that China isn't doing enough.

It's also important to realize that any vaccine being available in the next 12-15 months is wishful thinking. There is still no vaccine to SARS and that was 18 years ago. Luckily a lot of money is pouring into creating a vaccine, but money doesn't magically make one appear. Tests have to be continuously successful for a vaccine to even begin to materialize, and that could potentially take years.
    Not to mention how countries are dealing with asians in general, thinking that any asian person is a carrier. China doesn't have any cases where foreigners are getting attacked for possibly being carriers. I agree with China dealing with the situation far better, especially with the fever checks everywhere you go, including every community.

- - - Updated - - -

https://news.yahoo.com/rolling-toile...104118518.html no clue man...just no clue. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

That's what i'm wondering. I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain in the white house could have predicted this would start happening in the US *as well as multiple countries around the globe* and told Trump directly that we need to start preparing like...immediately. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case..

Going to Spain in one month. Its gonna be interesting to see if the flight is full or not. With some luck I get a row all for myself.

I'd like an Ultra Nothing Burger with extra cheese but drop the HYSTERIA!! This it the biggest non happening in world history at this point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Just posting a link for info: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/01/a...hnk/index.html

It's a long-ish article and not well suited for block quoting.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    I'd like an Ultra Nothing Burger with extra cheese but drop the HYSTERIA!! This it the biggest non happening in world history at this point!
    I hear that if you order a side order of covfefe, that lowers the effectiveness of hysteria.

still its not a bad idea . to make such action . lets say 1 week a year. worldwide. it would have immense effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Going to Spain in one month. Its gonna be interesting to see if the flight is full or not. With some luck I get a row all for myself.
    Your flight might be canceled altogether.

India has cures with cow dung, not to be left behind we have this kind of stuff: https://news.yahoo.com/televangelist...162727214.html

Lisa Landau, the chief of the state Attorney General's Health Care Bureau, sent the cease-and-desist letter on 3 March, giving Mr Bakker 10 days to comply or potentially face a $5,000 fine per violation.

"Your show's segment may mislead consumers as to the effectiveness of the Silver Solution product in protecting against the current outbreak," Ms Landau wrote.

"Therefore, any representation on the Jim Bakker Show that its Silver Solution products are effective at combating and/or treating the 2019 novel coronavirus violates New York law," she added.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

So...the entire country of Italy is now on lock-down.
    Probaly not good enogh.

A bit or recap news:

A lot of stuff is canceled.

https://www.delo.si/novice/slovenija...ki-286632.html
    25 sick so far here. At least those that were reported -- mostly travelers from Italy and staff that were dealing with virus.