Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    At least Baseball is a sport where athletes barely touch each other. And don't need to exert much, sorry not sorry for its fans :P
    Guess you haven't seen the news the MLB season is already in jeopardy after one weekend of games because pretty much a whole team is infected? https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/07/29...ers-two-staff/
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-07-29 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Guess you haven't seen the news the MLB season is already in jeopardy after one weekend of games because pretty much a whole team is infected? https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/07/29...ers-two-staff/
    I don't care about Baseball at all and don't live in the US so indeed, I had not seen said news. Quite troubling a certainly a reason they should stop playing. Wonder if the same will happen to the NHL which resumed its season yesterday. Not that I'll miss it much, the Canadiens being particularly trash tier this season anyway.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Cutouts sound like fun.

I don't know why you posted that video, but I found it kinda disgusting.
    because 10,000 of that guy all in the stands as cutouts...is funny...
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/us-of...b63a72c33cc062

And we're officially over 150,000 confirmed deaths in the USA, far and away the most deaths by country.

WE ARE NUMBER ONE! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

I hate that my country, supposedly one of the wealthiest and most advanced countries in the world, is proving itself culturally and politically incapable of battling a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't care about Baseball at all and don't live in the US so indeed, I had not seen said news. Quite troubling a certainly a reason they should stop playing. Wonder if the same will happen to the NHL which resumed its season yesterday. Not that I'll miss it much, the Canadiens being particularly trash tier this season anyway.
    The NHL might be okay. MLB isn't doing a "bubble" like the NHL and NBA are trying. The teams are still traveling to different cities, albeit a limited amount compared to normal. The NHL is only playing in Edmonton and Toronto so even if they break the bubble they're much less likely to get a community infection since Canada is much more under control.

The NHL might be okay. MLB isn't doing a "bubble" like the NHL and NBA are trying. The teams are still traveling to different cities, albeit a limited amount compared to normal. The NHL is only playing in Edmonton and Toronto so even if they break the bubble they're much less likely to get a community infection since Canada is much more under control.
    From the pictures I've seen, it seems that the bubble for the NHL is being taken very seriously. There's literally fences around the hotels they're staying in making sure they can't leave. I wouldn't be surprised to see no infections in the NHL. Haven't seen anything about the NBA but hopefully it's the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NBA has been doing well so far. I don't see much changing once they start tomorrow. The bubble is working and no one is going in or out once in real game mode.

The NFL (and college football) is going to be scary. Massive rosters and organizations. 50 players, coaches, trainers, equipment managers. The more people you have to manage the more opportunities for security to lapse.

No impossible for professionals to manage but I am hoping colleges can pull through for the safety of everyone involved.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The NBA has been doing well so far. I don't see much changing once they start tomorrow. The bubble is working and no one is going in or out once in real game mode.

The NFL (and college football) is going to be scary. Massive rosters and organizations. 50 players, coaches, trainers, equipment managers. The more people you have to manage the more opportunities for security to lapse.

No impossible for professionals to manage but I am hoping colleges can pull through for the safety of everyone involved.
    Shit... thanks for the heads up... I was done with NBA for the season... please tell me they are starting a new season... Knicks had their best losing record in like a decade... as a Knicks fan... don’t take it away... we have... so little...

Edit: 6 patriots have signed off to not play this year. I think the NFL season might look a lot like a strike season... including the crowd size...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Shit... thanks for the heads up... I was done with NBA for the season... please tell me they are starting a new season... Knicks had their best losing record in like a decade... as a Knicks fan... don’t take it away... we have... so little...

Edit: 6 patriots have signed off to not play this year. I think the NFL season might look a lot like a strike season... including the crowd size...
    NBA actually returns tomorrow night.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    NBA actually returns tomorrow night.
    I hope they will be ok.........https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/peo...-tall-22429492

From being male to having an underlying health condition, there are several factors known to increase your risk of coronavirus.

Now, a new study has warned that another factor can increase your risk - your height.

Researchers from the University of Manchester have revealed that people who are over 6ft tall are twice as likely to catch the virus.

In the study, the researchers surveyed 2,000 people in the UK and US to understand the personal and work-related predictors of virus transmission.

The results revealed that aerosol transmission of Covid-19 is very likely, with taller people at highest risk - something that wouldn’t be the case if the virus was exclusively spread through droplets.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Overweight. Tall. In Florida. Essential employee.

I'm playing this on hard mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Overweight. Tall. In Florida. Essential employee.

I'm playing this on hard mode.
    Donald, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Donald, is that you?
    That was uncalled for.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...cations-387077

Bill Montgomery, co-founder of the conservative student organization Turning Point USA, has died of coronavirus related complications. The organization has consistently downplayed the impact and seriousness of the virus and focused mostly on the impacts to the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. And this was from co-founder Charlie Kirk on Sunday -

On the Sunday edition of his podcast, Kirk said: “Do not force me to wear a mask, it’s that simple. I’m not gonna do it, I’m not.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...cations-387077

Bill Montgomery, co-founder of the conservative student organization Turning Point USA, has died of coronavirus related complications. The organization has consistently downplayed the impact and seriousness of the virus and focused mostly on the impacts to the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions. And this was from co-founder Charlie Kirk on Sunday -
    This really is the year of Darwin.

It's just unfortunate that these idiots draw sensible people with them as collateral damage. :/
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

The US isn't alone in having idiots - we've got them here in Australia too trying to undo all the hard work in bringing this thing under control.

Queensland, which had it under control, with just 2 active cases (and both in quarantine) is facing the threat of a fresh outbreak thanks to the efforts of 2 19 year old girls who went to an illegal party in Melbourne, a known hot spot, lied to authorities upon returning to Queensland about where they had been, didn't go into mandatory quarantine like they were meant to, spent 8 days visiting shops, schools, medical centres etc and then found out they were carrying the virus the whole time. They are looking at jail time now. If anyone dies as a result of their self-centred behaviour I hope the charges get upgraded to manslaughter.

The other cases has to do with the state of Western Australia (where I live). We have it under control. There have been no community transmissions for weeks. Life here is mostly back to normal, and that is thanks to the fact we have a hard border closure with the rest of the country, something which the overwhelming majority of residence here are in favour of. But there is one fat narcissistic individual who models himself as a Trump wannabe (no, seriously, he runs his own minor party with the slogan Make Australia Great Again) who is threatening all that. He is taking the state government to court to force it to open up, whether we want or not, as it is 'unconstitutional'. he problem is that the part of the constitution governing this was written over 100 years ago and could be read a number of ways which means he may win and suddenly all of our hard work is thrown out of the window because of this fat narcissist who is angry with the state government over disputes over mining royalties.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The other cases has to do with the state of Western Australia (where I live). We have it under control. There have been no community transmissions for weeks.
    That's a definite upside for living in the most desolate place on the planet!

Remember how Rep. Louie Gohmert tested positive for coronavirus? And how he's been a shit about the virus until now, and went on to blame wearing a mask for why he may have caught it?

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pan...-masks-report/

Well, apparently this opened the flood gates and staffers for Congressional Republicans are coming out of the woodwork to talk about how their bosses force them to come into work in packed rooms, and often berate staffers for wearing masks.

Fuck it, it's time to get a bit political. The Republican party is going to be the leading cause of death in this country for the year 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a debate with someone,

Should you wear a mask at the drive-thru?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had a debate with someone,

Should you wear a mask at the drive-thru?
    I don't know the medically appropriate answer, but for me it depends on the drive-through. There's a couple which sit way higher than my car so I'm not really worried about breathing on anybody. For more level interactions, yes absolutely.

Though I should probably just be safe and wear it anyway. It's such a trivial, minor thing to do that can accomplish so much and there's no real reason not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.