1. #19301
    https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...ls-say-1529576

    The Maine wedding that led to multiple coronavirus outbreaks throughout the state has now been associated with 144 positive coronavirus cases, more than six times the number of linked cases initially reported by state health officials.

    Dr. Nirav Shah, director of the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC), announced the updated numbers at a Thursday press conference. The wedding, which took place August 7 at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket, has caused known outbreaks at the York County Jail in Alfred and the Maplecrest Rehabilitation Center in Madison.

    The Maine CDC announced its investigation into the wedding August 17, reporting 24 positive COVID-19 cases among wedding guests. That number has since increased sixfold to 144 cases. One additional death linked to the wedding has been determined, bringing the total fatalities to two, Shah said.

    ...

    Of the 144 cases, 56 were determined to be guests at the wedding, or their secondary or tertiary contacts, Shah said. One of these secondary contacts happens to work at Maplecrest, and the facility now has eight infected residents and an additional seven infected staff members.
    This is how easy it is to cause an outbreak. One wedding with a few dozen attendees, one sick person, well over a hundred new cases directly traced back to it and likely far more that haven't been discovered yet.

  2. #19302
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

  3. #19303
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    You are surprised? You brought nothing but disinformation, literally based on your feels (you said that yourself), and then got all huffy when people dared to challenge your for it. If you are making big, bold claims and call them facts, you are expected to be able to back them up with something. I suppose you could call that intolerance. Intolerance towards bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

  4. #19304
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    I mean, I gave you the explanation you were asking for...
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  5. #19305
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...ls-say-1529576



    This is how easy it is to cause an outbreak. One wedding with a few dozen attendees, one sick person, well over a hundred new cases directly traced back to it and likely far more that haven't been discovered yet.
    And Trump ordered the CDC to ignore that science, and changed the school opening parameters. And now every school with in-person class is almost guaranteed to be a super spreader event. Potentially killing thousands of people.

  6. #19306
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And Trump ordered the CDC to ignore that science, and changed the school opening parameters. And now every school with in-person class is almost guaranteed to be a super spreader event. Potentially killing thousands of people.
    I think it's obvious right now that the CDC and the FDA are severely compromised and we should take everything they say with a giant grain of salt. They are now just another part of Trump's effort to get re-elected that's the only way to explain the Nov. 1st vaccine rush. We are about to pull a Putin and give vaccines that are not safe or effective to people just so Trump can gain a few points in the polls.

  7. #19307
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    When presented with facts, tuck tail and run.

    Fitting considering the forum name/avatar.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  8. #19308
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    19,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    You get what you give.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  9. #19309
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    Perfect example of cancel culture...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  10. #19310
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

    i wish you all well.
    geeze you have the same temperment as trump. donny is that you?

    Go all tar tar, spread misinformation, and make ignorant comments then act all the victim once people call you on the bullshit.

    The hardest thing in life is being able to admit you were wrong. I figure on the internet it would be easier since no one knows who you are, but nope.

    Good luck in life son, reflect on what you have learned this week.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  11. #19311
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...ls-say-1529576



    This is how easy it is to cause an outbreak. One wedding with a few dozen attendees, one sick person, well over a hundred new cases directly traced back to it and likely far more that haven't been discovered yet.
    I hope they all get a fine, at the very least, for so carelessly putting peoples lives in danger. Its outrageous that any venue was even allowed to book such an event.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.
    Its not intolerance to bring facts to a discussion and then request facts to support your counter claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  12. #19312
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Here is the thing, that word is absent purely as a "gotcha" card. The fact they approved it for use means exactly that, they think it could be a cure despite all evidence suggesting its useless except to possibly help some recover faster. Heck, that is exactly what it means for the FDA to use the EUA, that it needs to be thought of to be able to cure, prevent, or diagnose something. We already know this drug does none of that. Its been studied by other agencies. As long as they say the same thing that you did, they can waive all bad press away by saying "well, we didn't explicitly say the word cure" while we all know that is what their hoping.

    And no, logically speaking, throwing anything at is is the absolute last thing anyone should be doing during an emergency. Doing so runs the risk that you waste time in the best case scenario, and make it far worse in the worst case. Its absolutely not whats supposed to happen unless you're desperate and are facing utter extinction. While this is bad, we are not facing extinction. Heck, it wouldn't even be this bad if our president in the US was competent. Our country has single handily made this thing look FAR worse then what it could have been.

    Now we have the FDA just throwing things out there, which can make things worse. Remember the last time they tried it with something else? They had to revoke its use because it was causing serious cardiac issue. Further showing that you need to be careful more then anything during this with what you allow to be used. Especially when its already been shown to not be effective.
    There are many studies - and cases - in which Remdesivir proved to be quite effective, actually. Which is not surprising, given it had been selected because of its effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2's cousin (MERS). You should also remember that the US is not the world and the FDA is an US thing. So is the CDC for that matter, and even international organizations such as the WHO have been giving contradictory statements amount a great deal of things, starting with the effectiveness of PPE and guidelines for their use. The WHO suggested Remdesivir could prove one of the best treatments as early as February by the way, and they haven't recanted that statement that I know of. What I know is that many EU states are scrambling to get their hands on Remdesivir because evidently it's successful in many cases, and they're running out of doses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

  13. #19313
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    There are many studies - and cases - in which Remdesivir proved to be quite effective, actually. Which is not surprising, given it had been selected because of its effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2's cousin (MERS). You should also remember that the US is not the world and the FDA is an US thing. So is the CDC for that matter, and even international organizations such as the WHO have been giving contradictory statements amount a great deal of things, starting with the effectiveness of PPE and guidelines for their use. The WHO suggested Remdesivir could prove one of the best treatments as early as February by the way, and they haven't recanted that statement that I know of. What I know is that many EU states are scrambling to get their hands on Remdesivir because evidently it's successful in many cases, and they're running out of doses.
    Right now, the EU has studies showing its not effective, as linked in my first comment. It barely helped patients to recover faster. The US is also currently buying all of the worlds supply. The only thing I found was what the EU bought for its trials a few months ago.

    While some experts are optimistic, this drug will not have gone through the proper tests for Covid and in the test it did do, 28% of the patients developed serious, adverse side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

  14. #19314
    It seems the daily reported cases are increasing once again and we will have a new record any day now; due to increases in India and Europe.

    And Brazil and India have now both passed the 4 million reported cases mark, and the US entered the top-10 list in terms of reported deaths per capita (despite under-reporting).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Right now, the EU has studies showing its not effective, as linked in my first comment. It barely helped patients to recover faster.
    Unfortunately that seems to be the case. If it had helped with faster recovery that would have been helpful in countries with high number of cases - when running out of ventilators and hospital beds.

    After all this effort on expensive drugs it's ironic that the best ones so far are cheap drugs like dexamethasone.

  15. #19315
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Right now, the EU has studies showing its not effective, as linked in my first comment. It barely helped patients to recover faster. The US is also currently buying all of the worlds supply. The only thing I found was what the EU bought for its trials a few months ago.

    While some experts are optimistic, this drug will not have gone through the proper tests for Covid and in the test it did do, 28% of the patients developed serious, adverse side effects.
    Studies are contradictory. Some show promise, some don't. And it's probably worth noting that given the time table we're operating on, no drug will have the time to go through the proper tests, vaccines included. Steps had to be taken at a legislatory level in order to make sure that they wouldn't have to go through the "proper tests". If we were to stick to the non-emergency timetables, we'd have to wait three or four times more for the vaccines. Evidently we can't wait that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

  16. #19316
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,465
    Yesterday was indeed a new record high daily new case count, at just shy of 300k. Yesterday also marks the new record high 7-day rolling average so far at 264.5k.

    More and more kids are heading back to school, and the traditional flu season is right around the corner...
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  17. #19317
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    22,778
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yesterday was indeed a new record high daily new case count, at just shy of 300k. Yesterday also marks the new record high 7-day rolling average so far at 264.5k.

    More and more kids are heading back to school, and the traditional flu season is right around the corner...
    We in Finland are having more and more mass exposures to the virus, not many infections yet. But schools, student parties etc. are becoming a real concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  18. #19318
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

    US did pass Sweden in Deaths/1m pop, and Sweden have a very low number of deaths now (looking at the trend, not individual days) Time to give Sweden some recognition of there course of action. It was always a marathon and not a sprint.

    + Sweden was ruthlessly "honest" and counted all who did die and was infected as a "corona death" in the statistic, despite other diseases and illness.

  19. #19319
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

    US did pass Sweden in Deaths/1m pop, and Sweden have a very low number of deaths now (looking at the trend, not individual days) Time to give Sweden some recognition of there course of action. It was always a marathon and not a sprint.

    + Sweden was ruthlessly "honest" and counted all who did die and was infected as a "corona death" in the statistic, despite other diseases and illness.
    Yea, mad shout out to Sweden, one of the least densely populated countries on earth for this

    This is more about how badly America is doing at the moment. Not how well (or otherwise) Sweden is doing. And for the record, Sweden with its low population density and low population is doing shittily compared to similar countries.

  20. #19320
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    22,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    Time to give Sweden some recognition of there course of action. It was always a marathon and not a sprint.
    How about no.
    + Sweden was ruthlessly "honest" and counted all who did die and was infected as a "corona death" in the statistic, despite other diseases and illness.
    And even this isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •