1. #19621
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    According to Donald Trump it is nothing 99 percent of the time. I don't understand why the right is freaking out they have spent months dismissing the virus as people died. They should be laughing at libs getting hopeful over a fake hoax.
    I'm not seeing how that's relevant to what I said. My point is I don't see how you go from Fox News hypocrisy to essentially joining in on what they're doing.

  2. #19622
    Honestly I get people's reactions. For once a "rich" and powerful man is held accountable for his actions and the literal blood on his hands as he played TV personality with lives on the line. Only problem is it didn't come from our own justice system.

  3. #19623
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm not seeing how that's relevant to what I said. My point is I don't see how you go from Fox News hypocrisy to essentially joining in on what they're doing.
    I don't see how it is the same because if what Fox News and the right say are true then they should not be concerned with these reactions.

  4. #19624
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm not seeing how that's relevant to what I said. My point is I don't see how you go from Fox News hypocrisy to essentially joining in on what they're doing.
    I don’t understand why we can’t treat Trump, like he obviously wants to be treated. Why should he get special treatment? Is it the money?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  5. #19625
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t understand why we can’t treat Trump, like he obviously wants to be treated. Why should he get special treatment? Is it the money?
    Or more appropriately treat him the way he treated the people who have died from COVID-19, it is what is and all that.

  6. #19626
    From the daily fail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Barrett.html

    Seems that some need a reminder that sitting this close together isn't good when there is a virus spreading:

    Neither is greeting people like this:

    And as a quiz - did you see that he actually has a mask?

    Spoiler: https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/s...68663374712833
    (You might notice someone facepalming in the background - don't do that; touching your face with your hand isn't good.)

  7. #19627
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scottishlands
    Posts
    1,869
    Legit wish it was made illegal to go out without a mask. Too many fucktards not realising that the mask isn't just to stop you getting it, it's to stop you from infecting people if you have covid.

    As someone who is at very high risk of dying if I was to get it (badly immunocomprimised, with Crohn's Disease, Vitamin A, B12, D, K defficencies. I have to be infused with a drug called Infliximab every 8 weeks), when ever I see someone go into a public place without one, I just want to slap them silly. I rarely go out as it is thanks to this pandemic. I do all my shopping at 3am in the morning just to lower the risk to myself, yet you get fucking Karens and Kyles with "I cAn'T bReAtH"....

    Just fuck off and die. Really. I hate wearing the mask as much as the next person. Poeple who refuse to wear mask should just get hit by a fucking scud missle imo.

  8. #19628
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The studies haven't suggested that it's a magical bullet - but people have.

    The basics remains:
    It may stop the spread if people are too close together.

    If you practice physical distancing you aren't close together.
    Which is why Germany only mandates them in situations where you are close together: shops and public transportation.
    Not some idiocy like Spain: wearing masks when walking alone on the beach.. lawl.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    Honestly, I sympathize a ton with all the people cheering and hoping for Trump's demise.
    I think that is in poor taste, no matter how idiotic the man behaves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Just fuck off and die. Really. I hate wearing the mask as much as the next person. Poeple who refuse to wear mask should just get hit by a fucking scud missle imo.
    So.. uuuh what exactly makes your life worth more than theirs?
    Theoretically they could just turn your entire argument around and say "just let nature take it's course with this guy".

    Not advocating for you to die or anything, merely pointing out how idiotic your stance is.

  9. #19629
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    18,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think that is in poor taste, no matter how idiotic the man behaves.
    Perhaps but when presented with a choice, either he dies or he is not really sick and claims to be cured to peddle a cure and/or vaccine that is not safe endangering the lives of millions just for electoral purposes my choice is simple. And let's not pretend such behaviour is beyond that PoS because it is not.

  10. #19630
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    IIRC the dark figure is sth around x10, so I'd expect around 300M had the bug at this point.
    Some new data on how that depends on the country.

    India recently did a sero survey and found that the dark figure was down from about 100 earlier this year to about 26-32; https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...e32724694.ece#!
    which indicates that about 7% have been infected in India - with higher numbers in urban slums (15%), than non-slums (8%) and rural areas (4%).

    If that is the case globally we are at about 1 billion infected; compared to 34 million reported cases.

  11. #19631
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Perhaps but when presented with a choice, either he dies or he is not really sick and claims to be cured to peddle a cure and/or vaccine that is not safe endangering the lives of millions just for electoral purposes my choice is simple. And let's not pretend such behaviour is beyond that PoS because it is not.
    Surely them an does not have a chance at another term. America cannot be THAT far gone, can it?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    If that is the case globally we are at about 1 billion infected; compared to 34 million reported cases.
    If that is the case, then I really don't get the fuss about this whole thing.
    Problem is: we don't know for sure.

  12. #19632
    The Insane Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    18,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Surely them an does not have a chance at another term. America cannot be THAT far gone, can it?!
    It could take months to years for negative side effects to show up, meanwhile a "miracle" cure and yes i use miracle on purpose here has been sold.

  13. #19633
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Surely them an does not have a chance at another term. America cannot be THAT far gone, can it?!
    Trump does have a good chance at winning the election because he is using the full power of the US government as part of his campaign something never done before. Every department every agency is under pressure to do what it takes for him to win including the CDC and the FDA which is why any vaccine cannot be trusted.

  14. #19634
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If that is the case, then I really don't get the fuss about this whole thing.
    Problem is: we don't know for sure.
    True, another study from India made this more confusing again:
    https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...bd7672.full#F1
    (Side-note: I find Chandra Mohan's affiliation interesting: "Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes, and Minorities Welfare Department, Government of Tamil".)

    It indicates that most of the spread is from a few super-spreaders, whereas most infected don't infect anyone; and that most of the spread is in the same age group - and in addition to same-age spread the figures show that 30-40 year olds are the main spreaders; both in terms of infecting children and the elderly. (The spread to children look as though parents spread it to their kids, and they get kids at 30.)

    However, the odd part is case-fatality ratio. For the elderly it seems to match the numbers from Spain, China, and S. Korea earlier in the pandemic, i.e. about 15% - but for the younger ones it's higher; 1.3% vs around 0.4% for China and Spain (whereas S. Korea had 0.08%) for 40-49.

    It doesn't seem that less good treatment or larger under-reporting can explain that age-difference. One possibility would be that it's a bit of those factors, and that the elderly in India at the start are less ill, due to less obesity and similar causes, and also that the most severely ill elderly had already died of other diseases.

    Note that Andra Pradesh is actually doing good now, with low number of positive cases (below 5%).

  15. #19635
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't see how it is the same because if what Fox News and the right say are true then they should not be concerned with these reactions.
    Right - you have a valid reason to think they're hypocrites and sympathize with those who feel the same way. Where does wishing ill on people come in to play?

  16. #19636
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Right - you have a valid reason to think they're hypocrites and sympathize with those who feel the same way. Where does wishing ill on people come in to play?
    Some people just don't notice they became the very same thing they are fighting.

    /shrug

  17. #19637
    Merely a Setback breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    25,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t understand why we can’t treat Trump, like he obviously wants to be treated. Why should he get special treatment? Is it the money?
    because wishing death on others is not allowed on these forums. if you want to do that 4chan is that way ->.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  18. #19638
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Some people just don't notice they became the very same thing they are fighting.

    /shrug
    I don't want him to die honestly him going to the hospital is enough hopefully his supporters will start wearing masks and socially distance we can still save 100K lives if people like Trump would just listen to the doctors.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Right - you have a valid reason to think they're hypocrites and sympathize with those who feel the same way. Where does wishing ill on people come in to play?
    This is basically Schroedinger's COVID-19 because if they believe what they do how can it be wishing ill upon anyone? after all COVID-19 is just a little flu blown up by the liberal media and 99 % of people nothing happens to them. If they don't believe in COVID-19 how can they be wished ill? they should just be laughing it all off.

    210K people died we are heading towards 250K by November all I can hope for is that this is a wake up call for those idiots.

  19. #19639
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump does have a good chance at winning the election because he is using the full power of the US government as part of his campaign something never done before. Every department every agency is under pressure to do what it takes for him to win including the CDC and the FDA which is why any vaccine cannot be trusted.
    That's insane. This almost reads like a dictatorship.

  20. #19640
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because wishing death on others is not allowed on these forums. if you want to do that 4chan is that way ->.
    how can you kill something that is already dead on the inside?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •