Only 3 states out of 50 in the United States are on a decline. 50.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That's insane. This almost reads like a dictatorship.
    Its because the virus highlights just how far they will go to not care about anyone but themselves. They don't care that the current POTUS has no plan to combat this and no real cure. They don't care that over 200k have died. They don't care that he fired the entire pandemic task force long ago. If the country goes down during the pandemic, they'll find someone or something else to blame other then the orange turd that drove the car into the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Only 3 states out of 50 in the United States are on a decline. 50.
    And Trump seems to have infected the entire republican party leadership in congress literally this time with COVID-19 with his recklessness.

So Trump makes a video from the hospital saying he “gets it now”, in regards to COVID-19, followed by him then getting in an SUV with other people—while still infected—to wave at supporters?

The fuck? You can’t make this shit up...
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

And it spins outta control in the Netherlands... 3000 new cases last week, per day, now 4000 and riding.
    ''With this attack, we have no choice but to protect our kind by unleashing our almighty weapon upon them. Summoning the Apocalypse'' - Stellaris Apocalypse trailer.

I honestly wonder if it is really worth trying to contain it at this point rather then burning itself out.

As far as I can tell we are never going to eliminate it. It seems more like just drawing out the hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I honestly wonder if it is really worth trying to contain it at this point rather then burning itself out.

As far as I can tell we are never going to eliminate it. It seems more like just drawing out the hurt.
    Considering we are still figuring out what long term harm this virus can cause, yes it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Considering we are still figuring out what long term harm this virus can cause, yes it is worth it.
    I understand there is consequences to either choice. It is just getting to the point that trying to prevent it is so ineffective I wonder if it is truely worth the effort.

I haven't even seen a reliable supply of rated masks since this started rather then the placebo cloth ones.

I understand there is consequences to either choice. It is just getting to the point that trying to prevent it is so ineffective I wonder if it is truely worth the effort.
    I for one propose a system where you can earn X number of days ignoring COVID related restrictions in exchange for an equal number of days spent digging graves for COVID victims.

Barring that; no. If you're seriously trying to argue that saving lives is not "worth the effort" when the only avoidable hurt being done is to your stock options - suck it up, buttercup. Your income isn't worth anyone's life.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-05 at 03:28 PM.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Considering this strategy would lead to way more deaths, way more short/longterm medical problems, more people sick, more suffering, more chaos etc....naw.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    hoping for others to die. stay classy mmo-c.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i 100% fully support the death penalty. deal with it.
    Uh huh. How... versatile of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Uh huh. How... versatile of you.
    The story of 2020 is really that of a coronavirus leaving its hometown in rural China to come all the way to America and ask its people why the emperor has no clothes.

Because if nothing else COVID has done a wonderful job of exposing every hypocrite on the subject of abortion, the death penalty, and public assistance.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Unfortunately, that would not work. To many people need intensive care treatment.
    Even it is only 5%, our systems would be overtaxed within a few weeks if we let it spread in an uncontrolled manner. That would lead to a lot more deaths and not only due to C19. Imagine having an accident but ICUs being overtaxed with C19. A lot of stuff that would otherwise be treatable and survivable suddenly would not be.

So some measures are required to keep a handle on the situation.

You are right though: we are never going to eliminate it. Like the flu, this will stay with us. Lets hope that once we have working vaccine, it will become a non-issue like the flu. Or in more cynical words: only kill around 60K/year in the US, no one gives a hoot about.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I for one propose a system where you can earn X number of days ignoring COVID related restrictions in exchange for an equal number of days spent digging graves for COVID victims.

Barring that; no. If you're seriously trying to argue that saving lives is not "worth the effort" when the only avoidable hurt being done is to your stock options - suck it up, buttercup. Your income isn't worth anyone's life.
    Rather they just pay me for digging graves. Restrictions so far have at best just delayed the inevitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Considering this strategy would lead to way more deaths, way more short/longterm medical problems, more people sick, more suffering, more chaos etc....naw.
    How?

The only way it would is if there is a vaccine and given its rate of mutation I am skeptical there ever will be.

Rather they just pay me for digging graves. Restrictions so far have at best just delayed the inevitable.
    Which is the point, because not delaying it would mean the healthcare system would be stretched beyond its capacity to handle the load of active cases.

Can y'all at least try and actually acquire a basic grasp of epidemiology before making silly statements like "only delaying the inevitable" or "the cure is worse than the disease".

How?

The only way it would is if there is a vaccine and given its rate of mutation I am skeptical there ever will be.
    Because hospitals don't have unlimited space, supplies, medication, staff and PPE? We already know what happens when we let it run wild.

How?

Because throwing our arms in the air and saying, "FUCK IT, HEARD IMMUNITY IT IS!" will lead to many, many more getting the virus and causes immediate and delayed negative impacts.

Do you think getting sick with the virus isn't a big deal? That it doesn't lead to health complications? That it's not super expensive? Doesn't disrupt their lives? The lives of their coworkers and family members? The people who have to risk their health caring for them? Medical resources that are already stretched thin?

What about in 10-20+ years when the secondary complications of the virus, that we're seeing early data to suggest right now, start leading to another wave of serious health problems?

Who the fuck allows someone with Covid to leave in less than a week? Where are the standard 2 weeks? I hope that this is just bullshit PR and Trump is forced to stay in hospital.

Also, our dear official bullshiter Kayleigh McEnany has Covid as well. Ironic, eh? And now other journalists are raging at her because she did not wear a mask just a couple of days ago when giving interviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

How?

Then you're not listening to the scientific consensus.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Who the fuck allows someone with Covid to leave in less than a week? Where are the standard 2 weeks? I hope that this is just bullshit PR and Trump is forced to stay in hospital.

Also, our dear official bullshiter Kayleigh McEnany has Covid as well. Ironic, eh? And now other journalists are raging at her because she did not wear a mask just a couple of days ago when giving interviews.
    What you don't like the healthcare plan of pumping the president full of amphetamines to fake the appearance of good health?