Dreadlord
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart

Small offtopic comment: you use JPG format for photos. For charts containing few colors and sharp edges you use PNG, better quality that way.

P.S. Next time I'm here, I'll make a respectful post about this silly feud, not for PhaelixWW's case but for others.
    Last edited by Cynep; 2020-09-23 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Seems we will pass 32 M mark of reported cases any minute now.
    I also noticed that India and the world seemed to have gone down a tiny bit in reported cases the last couple of days.

Unfortunately, it seems the explanation is that testing has slightly decreased in India, while the positive rate has gone up a bit, so it's due to a lack of testing (which could be temporary due to the monsoon).

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308793235805007874

Man, Fauci seems like he's getting pretty fed up with idiots like Rand Paul constantly lying and intentionally misconstruing data for political purposes.

Seriously, fuck Rand Paul.
    One thing - he should have been pissed, publicly, long time ago. But better late than never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Seems we will pass 32 M mark of reported cases any minute now.
    I also noticed that India and the world seemed to have gone down a tiny bit in reported cases the last couple of days.

Unfortunately, it seems the explanation is that testing has slightly decreased in India, while the positive rate has gone up a bit, so it's due to a lack of testing (which could be temporary due to the monsoon).
    Don’t worry India is opening all the way soon. Totally won’t cause any issues.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308793235805007874
    Man, Fauci seems like he's getting pretty fed up with idiots like Rand Paul constantly lying and intentionally misconstruing data for political purposes.
    Seriously, fuck Rand Paul.
    Hmm to be honest: I have heard the "cross immune response" argument before and I agree that it might explain the high %age of asymptomatic/mild cases.
    We do not have antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, so our immune system cannot prevent an infection altogether but our T-Cells recognize infected cells and kill them off. Depending on the quality of said recognition, the Virus may not get much further than an initial foothold.

IIRC, this has been demonstrated in a study using old blood samples from pre-C19 years.

Nevertheless, him basically saying "measures do not matter" is flat out wrong. Tons of countries have demonstrated that they do make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Small offtopic comment: you use JPG format for photos. For charts containing few colors and sharp edges you use PNG, better quality that way.
    You always use PNG, we aren't in the 90s anymore. :P

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...s-has-covid-19

Anti-mask governor and his wife both test positive for the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You always use PNG, we aren't in the 90s anymore. :P
    They are both from the 90s... 4 years apart...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

P.S. Next time I'm here, I'll make a respectful post about this silly feud, not for PhaelixWW's case but for others.
    Watching you squirm like this sure is fun.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are both from the 90s... 4 years apart...
    Sure but when he all had dial-up, I doubt many people would have liked large png images.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Watching you squirm like this sure is fun.
    I still think these two should get a room and duke it out.

Umm, speaking of covid vaccine research and development: "Study of over 50,000 volunteers in China shows Coronavac safety"

resumo em 3 tópicos
    Pesquisa com 50.027 voluntários na China demonstra que a vacina Coronavac não apresentou reações adversas significativas
    Entre as pessoas com mais de 60 anos (422 voluntários), os resultados apontaram 97% de eficácia
    No Brasil a vacina foi aplicada em quase 5,6 mil voluntários sem nenhum registro de reação adversa grave

(english) Instituto Butantan conducts clinical trials of the coronavirus vaccine in phase 3 in Brazil, carried out on almost 6,000 volunteers.
    Research with 50,027 volunteers in China shows that the Coronavac vaccine did not show significant adverse reactions
    Among people over 60 (422 volunteers), the results showed 97% effectiveness
    In Brazil, the vaccine was applied to almost 5,600 volunteers with no record of serious adverse reaction
    https://www.saopaulo.sp.gov.br/notic...-da-coronavac/

So, it seems that we have a success. Good news is, China is willing to supply MASSIVE amounts of doses to Africa/Asia/Latin America (where i live, yay). Bad news is... well, i dont see the Chinese being so keen on giving the vaccine to the US.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Given the quality of the last lot of medical equipment China shipped out early in the pandemic and the CCP's propensity to fudge any and all numbers, I'd be very dubious about taking anything out of China until it was independently verified.

Hes not just anti-mask mandate. Hes anti-doing anything to stop the pandemic! He left it up to the counties to do something as the cases spiked. He then put in a "stay at home" mandate that amount to literally nothing. As much as I hate to say it, our state hasn't really ever shut down. Most of the counties did a poor mandate themselves that also amounted to nothing. Only St Louis and Kansas City really took it seriously. Even as other hot spots began to emerge.

I hate to say it, but anytime these people who are so anti-mask and anti-lockdown get sick, it just makes them grow more against any mandates when they get over it. Then their like "See! Its nothing. Now I know we can ignore it for sure!"
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

There are a lot of people who don't take the coronavirus seriously

You two are just embroiled in a pointless argument that isn't actually proving or disproving anything.

"Nu uh, you needs to not exclude so much!" "Nu-uh, your date was 2 days out"

What a joke.

Hopefully karma bites him in the ass, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Umm, speaking of covid vaccine research and development: "Study of over 50,000 volunteers in China shows Coronavac safety"

https://www.saopaulo.sp.gov.br/notic...-da-coronavac/

So, it seems that we have a success. Good news is, China is willing to supply MASSIVE amounts of doses to Africa/Asia/Latin America (where i live, yay). Bad news is... well, i dont see the Chinese being so keen on giving the vaccine to the US.
    On a practical note, I can't imagine Americans would take too kindly to getting Chinese vaccines. It just would not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    On a practical note, I can't imagine Americans would take too kindly to getting Chinese vaccines. It just would not happen.
    I can't imagine anyone from the West would take kindly to shoddy and shady Chinese vaccines. If they engineered their COVID-19 numbers, you can bet they also would engineer data for this too to make it look far more reliable than it might actually be.

Aye, I trust a Chinese made vaccine about as far as I could throw your average Chinese citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I can't imagine anyone from the West would take kindly to shoddy and shady Chinese vaccines. If they engineered their COVID-19 numbers, you can bet they also would engineer data for this too to make it look far more reliable than it might actually be.
    If it passes independent reviews and verified data shows it works, why not?

I mean, not everyone is a rampant xenophobe. China is fucked up in a lotta ways, but I mean, are we gonna start throwing away everything made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    they don't even like the flu vaccines, and those are made in murica

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Hopefully karma bites him in the ass, hard.
    i'll settle for a lifetime of medical complications because of COVID so that people can say "we told you so" for the rest of his life....
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I