Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'll view it as some hilarious justice if you end up getting the virus after avoiding people who have nothing to do with Asia at all just because of their skin color.

I'd much rather have the virus than ever avoid someone for their skin color.
    Then you'll just be hoping because I'm not going to get infected : )

I'm lucky enough that I live in country that won't lie about it and doesn't have enough people that are willing to bootlick such obvious failures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Then you'll just be hoping because I'm not going to get infected. I'm lucky enough that I live in country that won't lie about it and doesn't have enough people that are willing to bootlick such obvious failures.
    South Korea has almost 1k cases in how many days? Is your country willing to quarantine on the level China did? I extremely doubt that. If this blows up as much as you doomsday sayers are saying, you will definitely get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a month or two, China has 0 new cases as other countries are getting thousands.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/0d084bf...ronavirus.html

Seems Wuhan gov't is allowing some to leave, "implying that the disease had been sufficiently contained to allow a relaxation of the lockdown."
    Hope none of those leaving are carrying the virus. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Average person in the West can't tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Thai, Vietnamese, or Filipinos, let alone point out those countries on a map. Many of the people who have been attacked or kicked out of places in the West aren't even Chinese. Many of the Chinese who were attacked have never been to China.
    I can attest to this. You're hearing all kinds of news of NON Chinese getting attacked verbally or physically for having the virus. Shows how uninformed some people are about the current situation..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

I can attest to this. You're hearing all kinds of news of NON Chinese getting attacked verbally or physically for having the virus. Shows how uninformed some people are about the current situation..
    It's like people thrive on miscommunication and skewing of facts to feed their biases and racist tendencies. Very sad.

South Korea has almost 1k cases in how many days?
    Korea had 140ish reported just last friday..now it's up to mid 800s. T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Korea had 140ish reported just last friday..now it's up to mid 800s. T.T
    I wouldn't be surprised if South Korea's medicine is better than most Western nations too.

It's like people thrive on miscommunication and skewing of facts to feed their biases and racist tendencies. Very sad.
    IKR. There are asshats everywhere whom don't care to correctly read about what's going on. Maybe they do keep informed but would rather feed their racist tendencies cause Joe shmo in some other state/country is doing the same thing. *the latter is much worse due to being aware but copying someone else's stupid behavior like a kid in school*

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't be surprised if South Korea's medicine is better than most Western nations too.
    IF you're outside China, you would most likely not hear about what Doctors here are doing. Mixing western medicine with Chinese traditional medicine to cure people. On wechat health, today it showed 400ish more confirmed with 1800 ish recovered. Nobody is talkin about this, it's sad.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-02-24 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in from CNN

China has banned the consumption and the illegal trade of wild animals, which some experts believe may be the source of the virus.

China's top political body, the National People’s Congress Standing Committee, approved the ban on Monday in a bid to to help “safeguard public health and ecological security," according to Chinese state media.

The move aims to “completely ban the eating of wild animals” while also “cracking down on illegal trade of wildlife,” state media reports.

The use of wild animals for scientific research, medicine and exhibition will now need to go through “strict examination and approval” by the supervising department in accordance with relevant regulations.

This comes after Chinese authorities suspended the trade of wild animals on January 26th in an attempt to stop the spread of the virus.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/0d084bf...ronavirus.html

Seems Wuhan gov't is allowing some to leave, "implying that the disease had been sufficiently contained to allow a relaxation of the lockdown."
    Hope none of those leaving are carrying the virus. T.T
    That was retracted pretty quickly actually. Seems it was a transportation official that allowed that without telling higher up government officials. They've been reprimanded and people are still quarantined in the city.

Just in from CNN

- - - Updated - - -

That was retracted pretty quickly actually. Seems it was a transportation official that allowed that without telling higher up government officials. They've been reprimanded and people are still quarantined in the city.
    CNN no longer works w/o a vpn in China. I would watch CNN daily at work and at home, but now I won't be able to unless i use on my iphone via vpn. T.T I guess it's going to be banned for awhile. The only way to access CNN now is with vpn. Sucky sucky!

Just in from CNN

- - - Updated - - -

Already illegal trade has to be outlawed again because that is the state we live in XD

Just in from CNN

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, i forgot to include that. It lasted a few hours only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Already illegal trade has to be outlawed again because that is the state we live in XD
    They aren't outlawing illegal trade, just the consumption of wild animals in general. The illegal trade will just get an increased crackdown.

I know the word wild animal sounds scary to some, but many Americans and others in the West eat lots of wild animals all the time. If you have ever hunted, or know someone who hunts, that's a wild animal being eaten. Ever gotten deer jerky or a pheasant, most likely a wild animal. Putting down a trap for a rabbit while camping? Wild animal.

Is the apocalypse finally upon us?

It was extremely obvious in your post. They don't want to be sick from who? Asians? So it's not racist to avoid Asians because they might have the coronavirus?

Good news, I'm coming back to Colorado in a couple of days, and it is far far more likely I'll have the coronavirus than any Asian in Colorado. Luckily I'm not of Asian decent though, so I won't have people avoiding me as I watch them avoid other Asians who've never been to China and probably aren't even Chinese.

Tell me that isn't racist. Go ahead.
    And with that Kafka trap laid I'm out. Have fun.

They aren't outlawing illegal trade, just the consumption of wild animals in general. The illegal trade will just get an increased crackdown.

I know the word wild animal sounds scary to some, but many Americans and others in the West eat lots of wild animals all the time. If you have ever hunted, or know someone who hunts, that's a wild animal being eaten. Ever gotten deer jerky or a pheasant, most likely a wild animal. Putting down a trap for a rabbit while camping? Wild animal.
    Many Chinese netizens think the ban is only temporary, and that it will get lifted shortly after the virus outbreak goes away. I can seriously see China lifting it. Seems the ban might only be a short term compliance until the virus gets cured. Hopefully not so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many Chinese netizens think the ban is only temporary, and that it will get lifted shortly after the virus outbreak goes away. I can seriously see China lifting it. Seems the ban might only be a short term compliance until the virus gets cured. Hopefully not so.
    Yeah, I doubt the ban will last. Though with how pissed off Xi is, it might not be lifted. I don't think he's felt more threatened in his entire tenure than in the past two months.

I mean, that has been what all the story/reporting/commentary about Corona Virus has been since it literally first broke in the news. Fuck-all to zero discussion of the disease, 99.9 recurring% talk about how the chinese are an inferior people and culture, thinly veiled behind farcical plausible deniability.

I mean, its handy because racists as usual fall over themselves to out themselves as being racists, its a pride thing or something :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Yeah, I doubt the ban will last. Though with how pissed off Xi is, it might not be lifted. I don't think he's felt more threatened in his entire tenure than in the past two months.
    You might be right on that. His handling of this whole situation *considering that he's given himself complete control and power* will make or break his presidency. Lifting the ban would piss off a ton of people i'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Meanwhile the death toll in Beijing is 4.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post

Avoid or not avoid?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting flashbacks to some people here on the forum who thought Taiwan and South Korea is in Southeast Asia.
    I'll take the bait...

What else do you offer besides Coronavirus?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-24 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling