So. My country's goverment has gone absolutely fucking careless.. instead of giving off a negative travel advice to afflicted regions of the world.. they keep it greenlighted. Jesus christ, fucking idiotic politicians playing with the health of there population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I'll take the bait...

What else do you offer besides Coronavirus?
    what else do you offer besides unfunny thinly veiled racist jokes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Already illegal trade has to be outlawed again because that is the state we live in XD
    not sure how outlawing something that is already illegal is going to stop it....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that race discussion is a forbidden topic, so do not make baiting comments related to it.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Well this isn't terrifying at all...

So our own government is relying on public free information to track the coronavirus? And they're so technologically inept that they have trouble accessing the public free information? And when they have trouble their first course of action is to ask twitter?

Also there is no paywall, but should it honestly deter the US government even if there was?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Meh, people are blowing shit out of proportions as usual.
    Corona is not even deadlier then common flu.
    I agree that people are blowing it out of proportion but to say it is less deadly than common flu strains is wrong.

Flu has a 0.1-% fatality rate.

Coronavirus has infected ~80k confirmed cases and killed ~2.5k.
    That would give Coronavirus a ~3 % fatality rate.

So yeah .. saying that it isn't deadlier than the flu is wrong unless you're talking about the Spanish flu or some shit.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what else do you offer besides unfunny thinly veiled racist jokes?
    That was racist?
    Lol, I wonder what you think of Hitler then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'd much rather have the virus than ever avoid someone for their skin color.
    This is a really bizarre cost-benefit analysis.

The virus is going to cost you a week or two of illness with a small chance of death (3% IIRC) and avoiding certain groups doesn't produce any malus of a similar nature or degree to you. It's more relevant to general health safety - if someone is coughing around you, do you stick your nose in the air and say "I know I won't be caught looking avoidant!" and just stay close to them?

You can quantify these things and work out which choices are better for you and the world. It's just better to avoid people who are more likely to be sick with the thing than put on airs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Their definitions are kinda weird too:

Interpandemic, the period between pandemics

Alert, when a new subtype has been identified and increased vigilance and risk assessment are warranted

Pandemic, a period of global spread of a new subtype as indicated by global risk assessment based on virologic, epidemiologic, and clinical data

Transition, global risk drops, prompting stepdowns in global actions and response activities
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2020-02-24 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    They've stopped being a serious organization the moment they decided to do a review without including Hubei

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I agree that people are blowing it out of proportion but to say it is less deadly than common flu strains is wrong.

Flu has a 0.1-% fatality rate.

Coronavirus has infected ~80k confirmed cases and killed ~2.5k.
    That would give Coronavirus a ~3 % fatality rate.

So yeah .. saying that it isn't deadlier than the flu is wrong unless you're talking about the Spanish flu or some shit.
    You're ALSO forgetting to mention the 24k cases that recovered!! So almost 30% of the total number of cases have recovered from this virus. I wish people would list the recovery figures as well as the confirmed/death toll.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-s...195800282.html
    Soooo this Harvard scientist thinks CV will infect 70% of the world population. He be craaazy!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Rush the Medal of Racist Limbaugh is saying the Coronavirus is being weaponized against Trump.
    Typical Racist Right Wingers.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ru...ng-down-trump/

One of Rush Limbaugh's Racist Moments.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-25 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Check for thread warnings.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is a really bizarre cost-benefit analysis.

The virus is going to cost you a week or two of illness with a small chance of death (3% IIRC) and avoiding certain groups doesn't produce any malus of a similar nature or degree to you. It's more relevant to general health safety - if someone is coughing around you, do you stick your nose in the air and say "I know I won't be caught looking avoidant!" and just stay close to them?

You can quantify these things and work out which choices are better for you and the world. It's just better to avoid people who are more likely to be sick with the thing than put on airs.
    If I was going to avoid anyone who might have the virus, I wouldn't have been able to leave my room or talk to anyone for the past two months. I'd rather not live in fear like that. Of course I'm not going to go up to a sick person and ask them to cough in my mouth, but if I'm in America I'm not going to see a Chinese family and run the other way. That's not putting on airs in the slightest, it's just not being entirely controlled by fear.

I've been incredibly careful here in China, but I've not had that stop me from spending time with people or going out to shop or get food. It's ridiculous that people in America, a place that the coronavirus hasn't actually technically reached yet, are so scared of something that they will avoid entire races over it that have as little to do with the virus as someone from say Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Americans will always find a way to make any event about themselves and about their partisan idiocy.
    And by Partisan Idiocy you mean Republicans being Racist and spreading another Conspiracy about the Wuhan Virus as well as various other Conspiracies and Racist statements?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-25 at 08:53 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I often browse through various news site, and found it kinda awkward where Thejournal.ie (a pretty left-winged site with strict rules in the comments section and heavy censorship) had an article of the outbreak in Italy... with a picture of Chinese tourists there in masks...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-02-25 at 09:01 AM.

Not sure if anyone cares, but the number of recovered cases jumped by 2596 recently.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Not sure if anyone cares, but the number of recovered cases jumped by 2596 recently.
    With how everyone is staying indoors and by law wearing masks in China, I imagine in the next month or two there will be essentially no new cases in the country, but after a while will end up back in China as it ramps up quickly in other countries and comes back one way or another.

35 people in the us with it need to leave
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    35 people in the us with it need to leave
    Are you volunteering to buy their plane tickets ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

I expect a disaster in Iran. They still not taking this seriously.
    Poor people.