10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    If I was going to avoid anyone who might have the virus, I wouldn't have been able to leave my room or talk to anyone for the past two months. I'd rather not live in fear like that. Of course I'm not going to go up to a sick person and ask them to cough in my mouth, but if I'm in America I'm not going to see a Chinese family and run the other way. That's not putting on airs in the slightest, it's just not being entirely controlled by fear.

I've been incredibly careful here in China, but I've not had that stop me from spending time with people or going out to shop or get food. It's ridiculous that people in America, a place that the coronavirus hasn't actually technically reached yet, are so scared of something that they will avoid entire races over it that have as little to do with the virus as someone from say Germany.
    america isn't the only country it's happening in. its the sort of thing that unfortunately happens in situations such as these peoples primal instincts are activated which is to drive away the threat or what they perceive it to be. epidemics usually bring out the worst in humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaymang View Post
    Corona-chan visits the Iranian deputy health minister. Keep on saying it's just a flu, bro
    it's also in lebanon now, the united arab emirates,kuwait and bahrain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    35 people in the us with it need to leave
    you seem like such a pleasant person.i think the person who needs to leave is you. the people in question are quarantined and are currently of no danger to anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Americans will always find a way to make any event about themselves and about their partisan idiocy. You didn't need to post that shit, there are plenty of political circle jerk topics for that.

Anyway, big news is number of cases worldwide is now above 80k. China is at 77k, South Korea is at almost 1k. Nobody knows what's going on in Iran, North Korea and Indonesia. Looks like this year is going to be all about virus slowly spreading all over the globe.
    i thought there were 58 cases or so in iran now...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks China, <insert guess I'll die meme>.
    Its starting to flood the europe and as someone with lung conditions I'm at risk. I nearly died from common flu a while ago.
    At least for the future maybe other people will consider the danger of letting a retarded communist hellhole play with pandemic viruses.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-26 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Nation bashing

10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to be quarantened. Regardless of the measures it will still spread. All it takes is a single mistake like the hospital in Italy to infect a continent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

Meanwhile the death toll in Beijing is 4.
    "Reported". The world is starting to see the stats from outside china and is seems beyond the 3-4% proposed by the holy winnie the pooh.

Meanwhile the death toll in Beijing is 4.
    That 4 people come back alive after a few days.

China is a powerful nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Thanks China, <insert guess I'll die meme>.
    Its starting to flood the europe and as someone with lung conditions I'm at risk. I nearly died from common flu a while ago.
    At least for the future maybe other people will consider the danger of letting a retarded communist hellhole play with pandemic viruses.
    First sars and now sars 2 aka corona, i wonder what the next one will be lol.

Well i dont think about it we are safe here so far but who knows probably just a matter of time before someone gets it here to.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    That 4 people come back alive after a few days.

China is a powerful nation.
    After drinking traditional medicine no doubt. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    First sars and now sars 2 aka corona, i wonder what the next one will be lol.

Well i dont think about it we are safe here so far but who knows probably just a matter of time before someone gets it here to.
    Trump syndrome :P
    *sadly, i don't think it will be curable!*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

My parents are going to Italy for vacation next week. Granted, they're only going as far north as Venice, but I'm still worried...

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    My parents are going to Italy for vacation next week. Granted, they're only going as far north as Venice, but I'm still worried...
    What's the number so far in italy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian
    Granted, they're only going as far north as Venice, but I'm still worried...
    They should be fine. They are going outside of common vacation times, so I'm guessing they might be a bit older, but at least three of us are posting from China and one from the middle of the mess in South Korea and so far we're OK. Maybe give raw foods a pass right now, wear gloves in common areas, use a good hand sanitizer (right now I use it twice) and they'll have very little risk. I'm 60 and high risk, but I consider the threat no worse than the seasonal flu.

Yeah, bad stuff can happen -- I stepped on the wrong thing, things lined up wrong, I got an antibiotic resistant infection, and I lost 4 toes (and chunks of my foot) -- FML, but sometimes you just roll a 1 on that saving throw. Don't let it get to you.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account

Trump syndrome :P
    *sadly, i don't think it will be curable!*
    not for trump derangement syndrome no, there isn't a cure.
    #boycottchina

What's the number so far in italy?
    ~320 confirmed

~10 deaths

~2 recoveries

At the time of writing this post.
    Last edited by Poe; 2020-02-26 at 02:53 AM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200226003352320

South Korea's new coronavirus cases topped 1,100 on Wednesday morning and the health authorities started testing about 210,000 followers of a religious sect at the center of rapid infections here.

The 169 additional cases brought the total cases to 1,146 from only 51 a week ago, according to the Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).

So far, 12 people have died in South Korea from the new virus that emerged in China, including a 73-year-old Korean man who was a follower of the religious sect in the southeastern city of Daegu and a 36-year-old Mongolian national who was hospitalized for a liver transplant here.

Ordered air breather masks with a hundred spare filters, just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the infection rate of this thing and the length of incubation, it's highely likely the amount of cases is heavily underreported. It's in the middle of regular flu season in the northern hemisphere, and not everyone gets syptoms any more severe than regular influenza.

The US probably has a lot more cases than those 35 already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    With the infection rate of this thing and the length of incubation, it's highely likely the amount of cases is heavily underreported. It's in the middle of regular flu season in the northern hemisphere, and not everyone gets syptoms any more severe than regular influenza.

The US probably has a lot more cases than those 35 already.
    With how fast it's spreading outside of China, it theoretically won't be long until community transmission starts in the US and the rest of Europe. The US CDC just warned today to prepare for an epidemic, and San Francisco in California declared a state of emergency.

At this point it's best people just reasonably (emphasis on reasonably) prepare and expect the worst while hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Compared to where ? Every single European country ? Do you have a source on that ? Sounds like you're making things up.
    No I'm not making things up. Every European country has animal cruelty laws - some more beefed up than others. Take a look at the UK's Animal Welfare Act for example, and compare it to China's lack of regulation. The contrast is a massive one. There's a reason why you don't see stalls of people torturing animals in the UK with boiling water and blow-torches. Because not only it's illegal, but the public backlash would be enormous. You wouldn't have the latter in China.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2020-02-26 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oman croatia alegeria israel austria iraq afghanistan,and brazil got added to the list. as well as greece. @Stelio Kontos.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-02-26 at 02:11 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Exactly near one of the places with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Italy is causing more of a worldwide spread in one week than China did in three months. Can't entirely blame them, just a shitty situation.

The PMs comment on it was laughable though.

“It would be unjust if foreign states imposed (travel) restrictions,” said the Italian Prime Minister Paolo Conte Tuesday. “We cannot accept this. Our citizens can travel safely, for themselves and for others.”
    Italy was the first in Europe to ban traveling from China, and now they're getting treated the same way they treated China. Removing the tragedy of it all, there's a sort of justice there.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mens-bear...004445400.html
    Just saw this. Guess i need to shave tomorrow...*i'm currently sporting the mountain man look for being on an extended vacay that MIGHT go into april, according to speculation*