https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200226003357320

South Korea's confirmed cases of the new coronavirus approached 1,300 on Wednesday as health authorities started testing about 210,000 followers of a religious sect at the center of rapid infections here.

The 284 additional cases, the sharpest daily surge so far, brought the total infections to 1,261 from only 51 a week ago, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC).

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Looks like Italy is causing more of a worldwide spread in one week than China did in three months. Can't entirely blame them, just a shitty situation.

The PMs comment on it was laughable though.

Italy was the first in Europe to ban traveling from China, and now they're getting treated the same way they treated China. Removing the tragedy of it all, there's a sort of justice there.
    Since this entire situation began in China they are responsible for the worldwide spread. So no italy is not causing more.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Since this entire situation began in China they are responsible for the worldwide spread. So no italy is not causing more.
    Countries those didn't close borders with china are clearly willing to equally share the responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    https://apnews.com/58043910be7bdc6818344bdee2096bc2

The Olympics could potentially be canceled entirely this year because of the virus. Apparently there are too many logistical hurdles to postpone or move it elsewhere, so if its too dangerous, it likely just won't happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AP
    TOKYO (AP) — A senior member of the International Olympic Committee said Tuesday that if it proves too dangerous to hold the Olympics in Tokyo this summer because of the coronavirus outbreak, organizers are more likely to cancel it altogether than to postpone or move it.

Dick Pound, a former Canadian swimming champion who has been on the IOC since 1978, making him its longest-serving member, estimated there is a three-month window — perhaps a two-month one — to decide the fate of the Tokyo Olympics, meaning a decision could be put off until late May.

“In and around that time, I’d say folks are going to have to ask: ‘Is this under sufficient control that we can be confident about going to Tokyo or not?’” he said in an exclusive interview with The Associated Press.

As the games draw near, he said, “a lot of things have to start happening. You’ve got to start ramping up your security, your food, the Olympic Village, the hotels. The media folks will be in there building their studios.”

If the IOC decides the games cannot go forward as scheduled in Tokyo, “you’re probably looking at a cancellation,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

The Olympics could potentially be canceled entirely this year because of the virus. Apparently there are too many logistical hurdles to postpone or move it elsewhere, so if its too dangerous, it likely just won't happen at all.
    That's fucking crazy.

Would be the first cancelled Olympics since World War 2.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Countries those didn't close borders with china are clearly willing to equally share the responsibility
    Don't forget that Trump underfunded the CDC to a point where it's much less reliable in America and fired the Pandemic Response Team in 2018. America would be less prepared than China if it started in the USA.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    not for trump derangement syndrome no, there isn't a cure.
    Trumpers do suffer from TDS, it prevents them from seeing how corrupt and dumb the President is as he was slowly killing the CDC and spending hundreds of millions of dollars for his constant Pathetic Golfing and giving tax breaks for the rich.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-26 at 11:47 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account

Knowing Japanese they would stand on their ground till the bitter end, personal and national proud aside (remember how they tried to swipe Fukushima under the carpet), there's too much at stake, if they wont have necessary tourists money their already crumbling economy will most likely see another "Lost decade". Even now they keep inviting Chinese tourists as a major income source, and cherry blossom season is ahead
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-02-26 at 09:54 PM.

I wonder if anything will become a shortage in the states if we have a small scale spread of the virus??

I mean in the northeast the single mention of a nor'easter empties shelves of bread and milk stuffs....Hurricane on the shores you can't get food, gas or lumber....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

as long as our borders and transportation are open this virus will kill everyone
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    as long as our borders and transportation are open this virus will kill everyone
    I mean, if you've lived in a bubble all your life and never rolled around in the mud, sure, probably will.
    #boycottchina

I'll be moving to the tokyo/chiba area the end of July. I wonder if even the massive fireworks shows will be canceled too. *i used to live in shibamata, which held one of the biggest fireworks displays in the country* Beijing officials have speculated that schools may not open up until april, i'm going to be bored out of my mind. LOL I want to travel but cant, due to flights and having to most likely endure a 14 day QP coming back. That and i have no idea what the actual school return date is, so just gotta take 1-2 day trips out of beijing instead. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I mean, if you've lived in a bubble all your life and never rolled around in the mud, sure, probably will.
    You've hearing about companies testing vaccines etc. The thing is..those will be bloody pricey and most won't be able to afford it sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I wonder if anything will become a shortage in the states if we have a small scale spread of the virus??

I mean in the northeast the single mention of a nor'easter empties shelves of bread and milk stuffs....Hurricane on the shores you can't get food, gas or lumber....
    Honestly i dont think there is much worry or concern in the states. I mean..if they keep the current 35 cases away from people and contain them. Things will be fine. My mom is super worried and she lives in NH. There are NO cases even in NH. I imagine if anyone comes into a state with the symptoms they will get put in quarantine asap and reported. It's crazy that Americans are worried about this with only a few cases so far. That doesn't mean they shouldnt be concerned just there is so many ppl worried about this spreading rapidly in the us.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Everyone huh?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Its pretty dumb that that we are going through this because some people STILL believe that grinding the bones of exotic animals enlarges their penises

Didn't work for you either huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed borders are probably a much greater danger because they encourage illegal movement across the border. It doesn't matter if it is a guy smuggling moon pies, the guy with a truckload of people who are quite likely victims of human trafficking, or just the person using a rebar ladder to get over "the Wall" because those those people are already taking risks and breaking laws, so worrying about something that starts off feeling like a cold or flu isn't high on their list of concerns.

Something similar played out in South Korea, with a cult -- so borders aren't the only way this kind of thing can be a problem.

In the US, poor access to health care and a work culture that encourages people to come to work sick through things like banking sick days will create a higher risk. At least it used to be that many people were not getting enough sleep, which means that their immune system probably isn't as strong as it should be: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...p/faq-20057757

If this turns into a true pandemic, this is going to be a time that a lot of health and social problems come home to roost.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    clearly all those recoveries are a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Closed borders are probably a much greater danger because they encourage illegal movement across the border. It doesn't matter if it is a guy smuggling moon pies, the guy with a truckload of people who are quite likely victims of human trafficking, or just the person using a rebar ladder to get over "the Wall" because those those people are already taking risks and breaking laws, so worrying about something that starts off feeling like a cold or flu isn't high on their list of concerns.

Something similar played out in South Korea, with a cult -- so borders aren't the only way this kind of thing can be a problem.

In the US, poor access to health care and a work culture that encourages people to come to work sick through things like banking sick days will create a higher risk. At least it used to be that many people were not getting enough sleep, which means that their immune system probably isn't as strong as it should be: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...p/faq-20057757

If this turns into a true pandemic, this is going to be a time that a lot of health and social problems come home to roost.
    but i want my moon pies NOW!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I know it's a grim thought, but I think there's one aspect of a pandemic that no one is even considering yet. What about people who get infected, know they're infected, and intentionally go out their way to spread it to as many people as possible (or at least people they don't like).

We've all seen the videos by now of some people in China intentionally coughing or spitting on elevator buttons during the outbreak, and think about over here how politicized even talk about the virus has become. How in the hell could we contain something so contagious when some people out there might want to infect others, or at the very least don't care enough to volunteer for quarantine.

So....Trump is on the news talking about how we only have 15 cases and half have recovered meanwhile on the bottom of tv screen it shows 60 cases. LOL
    The dude can't even get his facts right...

- - - Updated - - -

I heard that the CDC told Trump that we only have 15 cases. WHY is the CDC misforming Trump? How does the president go on public and say we have only 15 cases in the US, when we actually have 60?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I heard that the CDC told Trump that we only have 15 cases. WHY is the CDC misforming Trump? How does the president go on public and say we have only 15 cases in the US, when we actually have 60?
    Trump cares more about the Stock Market (even though this is a horrible indication of a good economy) than Healthcare and Human Lives.

Trumpers also don't care about facts.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...spiracy-117781
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-27 at 03:20 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Coronavirus in California: C.D.C. Confirms Possible Community Transmission Case

A person in California who was not exposed to anyone known to be infected with the coronavirus, and had not traveled to countries in which the virus is circulating, has tested positive for the infection.

It may be the first case of community spread in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Wednesday.

“At this point, the patient’s exposure is unknown,” the C.D.C. statement said. “The case was detected through the U.S. public health system and picked up by astute clinicians.”

Until now, public health officials have been able to trace all of the infections in the country to a recent trip abroad or a known patient, and to identify the sources of exposure.

Though C.D.C. officials said it was possible the patient was exposed to a returning traveler who was infected, the new case appears to be one of community spread — one in which the source of infection is unknown.

--------------------

Scary shit.