10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got back to the States after a 54 hour journey.

As soon as I was off the plane in LAX we were shuffled off to be interviewed by CDC. It all went a lot quicker than I thought it would. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork on the plane, and they looked over the paperwork, confirmed it was all correct, asked if I had any fever or signs of sickness, if I had been to Hubei, and then took my temperature. After everything was done with, they sent me off and packing to take my next flight like normal. Seems they don't care unless you've been to Hubei or have a fever.

I have to take my temperature twice a day for two weeks, but they aren't even requiring home quarantine anymore. They just recommend to stay home unless necessary to go out.

It was a massive culture shock coming back to the States and seeing no one wearing masks and everything open (not that it should be the opposite, but after two months of that in China it was a bit surreal). It's really made me think if America is equipped to handle the virus like China has, and I really doubt they are. Most people in America would refuse any sort of closure of traveling or quarantining of cities. A bit worrying, but at least Americans are fairly more hygienic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post

As soon as I was off the plane in LAX we were shuffled off to be interviewed by CDC. It all went a lot quicker than I thought it would. Had to fill out a lot of paperwork on the plane, and they looked over the paperwork, confirmed it was all correct, asked if I had any fever or signs of sickness, if I had been to Hubei, and then took my temperature. After everything was done with, they sent me off and packing to take my next flight like normal. Seems they don't care unless you've been to Hubei or have a fever.

I have to take my temperature twice a day for two weeks, but they aren't even requiring home quarantine anymore. They just recommend to stay home unless necessary to go out.

It was a massive culture shock coming back to the States and seeing no one wearing masks and everything open (not that it should be the opposite, but after two months of that in China it was a bit surreal). It's really made me think if America is equipped to handle the virus like China has, and I really doubt they are. Most people in America would refuse any sort of closure of traveling or quarantining of cities. A bit worrying, but at least Americans are fairly more hygienic.

That is insane given the churn before you even show symptoms.

roughly about how many people do you think you had close cabin contact with...say a couple hundred spreading out all over the coast?

welp at least you didn't sneeze on anyone...right?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Masks don’t prevent you from catching it. They’re more for the people that already have Coronavirus to lower their spread of it. Also it’s better to worry about people from high impact zones as they’re more likely to have it. If you had traveled from Wuhan you’d probably be in quarantine right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yep, in my state. Wonderful.

Luckily I'm a distance away from King County, I'm over on the Kitsap/Olympic peninsula.
    Lucky you: that hospital is where my daughter was born, and a few blocks from my grocery store
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    That is insane given the churn before you even show symptoms.

roughly about how many people do you think you had close cabin contact with...say a couple hundred spreading out all over the coast?

welp at least you didn't sneeze on anyone...right?
    Close cabin contact? Just the guy next to me on the flight. No one talked to each other, if anyone showed any symptoms (which didn't happen as far as I'm aware) they notified the attendants immediately. The air in planes is also extremely fresh as well (I believe every 2-3 minutes is brand new air). I'm not too concerned. I'm being careful, but if the government isn't going to lock me up on arrival in quarantine, I'll just do what the CDC says and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Masks don’t prevent you from catching it. They’re more for the people that already have Coronavirus to lower their spread of it. Also it’s better to worry about people from high impact zones as they’re more likely to have it. If you had traveled from Wuhan you’d probably be in quarantine right now.
    That's true, though one thing masks help with is stopping you from touching your face, or giving mental reminders to keep a distance from people who are wearing them. I'm personally of the mind Americans shouldn't be wearing masks (at least yet), but it does show the difference in how it's being treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Lucky you: that hospital is where my daughter was born, and a few blocks from my grocery store
    Yeah, I got a close school buddy who lives in Kirkland. And he's got Crohn's Disease.

I'm gonna go to Costco and get some stuff to stock up and stay home for a few days. But rather than go to the one here that serves the Bremerton Navy community, I'll drive an hour or so deeper into the peninsula and go to the one in Sequim, since it's more isolated an area.

It's also just a really pleasant drive.

A famous prophet predicted a Chinese virus will doom us all.

People thought she means computer virus and hackers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Thank you for linking this channel. It's disgusting how no major media outlet is covering the sick shit China's communist party is doing.
    I don't know what media channels you watched but a lot of them have mentioned that just like their GDP number Chinese data cannot be trusted.

Got a confirmed case in my small town, one of the people that was transported to Travis Air Force Base and then sent back to my town under house quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Got a confirmed case in my small town, one of the people that was transported to Travis Air Force Base and then sent back to my town under house quarantine.
    might be self quarantine "just in case". if he was confirmed I would imagine he would still be in treatment in a hospital

you talking about this dude?

After spending less than 24 hours in a Folsom hospital, a man who tested positive for the coronavirus while quarantined at Travis Air Force Base was transferred to his home state of Utah for treatment.
    Mark Jorgensen was evacuated from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship in Japan where more than 700 hundred passengers and employees tested positive for the coronavirus. Jorgensen did not test positive in Japan and was evacuated to Travis where was quarantined for 14 days.
    At the tail end of his quarantine, Jorgensen tested positive for the virus and was transported to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield for treatment. On Feb. 27, Jorgensen was transported to Mercy Hospital of Folsom.
    Jorgensen was transferred on Friday to the Intermountain Medical Center in Utah at the request of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hospital officials said.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Well, it's not that I trust Chinese media, it's that there is barely any proper outlet that's exposing how the Chinese communist party is subverting international (non-Chinese) media outlets or organizations or even companies. Just at the end of that video, the guy explains how youtube has delisted one of his videos without giving any reason and then also age-restricted it also without giving any reason. The Chinese communist party seems to have established a "deep state" in all companies ... even non-chinese ones. This is alarming on a national security level.

Anyways, it's getting a bit scary now. I live in Washington and we already have a couple of community-spread cases .. meaning it's spreading and nothing will stop it. I better start getting some sanitizers and shit. All this talk about "oh it's just the elderly" well it doesn't help. Imagine if all our old people died. Besides, 50 is not very old (the guy who died today) and many reported deaths are of just non-old people.
    I think the 50 year old had a whole lot of underlying complications prior to getting the virus. So he was in the same category as the very old.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So..America's surgeon general is telling the American people NOT to buy masks, as they don't prevent anyone from getting CV. I'm sure Trump had something to do with this..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I'm fortunate enough to have a medical supply store and semi decent grocery store just across the street from my apt building. Gf and i have almost 20 face masks and few bottles of bleach/disinfectant between us. My roomies are pretty much the same. lol
    *i'm the only non Chinese in my apt floor*

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    So..America's surgeon general is telling the American people NOT to buy masks, as they don't prevent anyone from getting CV. I'm sure Trump had something to do with this..
    they really don't directly help.

where they help a little is you touching your nose or mouth with your hands.....or if you are infected coughing on other people.

so...ya.…

and btw way more scientist and medical professionals said this before the SG did...like for years....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

they really don't directly help.

where they help a little is you touching your nose or mouth with your hands.....or if you are infected coughing on other people.

so...ya.…

and btw way more scientist and medical professionals said this before the SG did...like for years....
    hehe tell that to online shopping sites that are raising the prices of masks. Not buying them would save money. :P

might be self quarantine "just in case". if he was confirmed I would imagine he would still be in treatment in a hospital

you talking about this dude?

After spending less than 24 hours in a Folsom hospital, a man who tested positive for the coronavirus while quarantined at Travis Air Force Base was transferred to his home state of Utah for treatment.
    Mark Jorgensen was evacuated from the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship in Japan where more than 700 hundred passengers and employees tested positive for the coronavirus. Jorgensen did not test positive in Japan and was evacuated to Travis where was quarantined for 14 days.
    At the tail end of his quarantine, Jorgensen tested positive for the virus and was transported to NorthBay Medical Center in Fairfield for treatment. On Feb. 27, Jorgensen was transported to Mercy Hospital of Folsom.
    Jorgensen was transferred on Friday to the Intermountain Medical Center in Utah at the request of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hospital officials said.
    https://abc7news.com/5974970/
    The confirmed patient is retired firefighter, Robert Young who is currently being isolated and monitored in his Rio Vista home. ABC7 News spoke to Young over the phone and he shared this experience was something he'd never expected.

"I'm a career firefighter paramedic, I thought I've seen everything in the world. No, this doesn't even come close to it," Young said.

Dr. Bela Matyas with the county health department said: "By doing that we were able to send them into their homes. So they're doing home isolation - much more comfortable for them instead of being in the hospital.

Neither patient is showing any symptoms, but are being tested each day to see when the virus clears out of their bloodstream and they can no longer spread the virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe tell that to online shopping sites that are raising the prices of masks. Not buying them would save money. :P
    People don't think about money when they're scared, or if they think they can profit off of people being scared they'll buy out all the masks and jack up the prices, which is what is happening in the US.

People don't think about money when they're scared, or if they think they can profit off of people being scared they'll buy out all the masks and jack up the prices, which is what is happening in the US.
    also amazon..etc. the problem with places like amazon is that the us gov't can't do anything about the price gouging.
    online stores/city shops in china and HK tried doing that and got a hefty fine.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/l...202153407.html

I'm seriously questioning how they got this number. It could be possible but nobody has an estimate to show this. 500,000 people infected? This can't be true. *notice the photo shows a shopping street in Korea and not China* lol
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-01 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's literally what I've been telling everyone who says they're going to wear masks.

Non-filtered masks do jackshit, and you have to be fit tested for filtered masks, so that you know, they actually seal properly.

Also wearing a mask is more likely to give you bad habits and a false sense of security.