So this is another interesting case. So they traveled to Egypt, and based on the lack of any other information, it is assumed that they may have contracted it from there. While it’s also possible that they simply contracted it here in the USA, if they contracted it in Egypt, that would mean that the virus is spreading unchecked in Egypt as they only have 2 reported cases in Egypt.

The sixth and seventh cases are a husband and wife. Both are hospitalized, and the husband has chronic health conditions. The couple has recently traveled to Egypt.

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/new...-3-1-2020.aspx
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Which was shut down by Thwart 2.0 (Rozz) because he seems to think the shitshow thread is somehow appropriate for political discussion of a virus that is killing more than a few people.

- - - Updated - - -

Pandemics that start in other countries are fine though? What the actual fuck?
    Rozz is no Thwart, tone it down. Nobody is perfect, but I think Rozz is at least mostly unbiased in how things are moderated. Now let’s not get off topic, this discussion certainly doesn’t need to continue and will get us infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    It depends on what sources you trust. The people china black bagged claim that the first time is suffocation from the lungs filling and then you are vulnerable to reinfection that attacks the heart.

To be honest there has been such a effort to obfuscate what is going on that we likely won't know the full story for another few weeks.

China was/is concerned about the cost in human lives enough to halt its production that alone has me stock piling.
    well, i'd read an article back during the start of this about a 40-ish year old english guy that caught it. he said he just didn't feel 100%, and spoke like he generally wasn't too bothered by having it. that kinda gave me the impression it was just the pneumonia killing old and frail people.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @derpkitteh Posted just up the page:
    i think that article got removed or something, not seeing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    So this is another interesting case. So they traveled to Egypt, and based on the lack of any other information, it is assumed that they may have contracted it from there. While it’s also possible that they simply contracted it here in the USA, if they contracted it in Egypt, that would mean that the virus is spreading unchecked in Egypt as they only have 2 reported cases in Egypt.
    With an estimated incubation period of 2-3 weeks with no symptoms but still being able to spread the virus, I think it's safe to assume it's a lot more widespread than we think.

Right now the number to watch is the recovery rate in not-China, and what groups most of the fatalities are in.

I say not-China because I don't think the numbers being reported there are anywhere near accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Gotta hoard all that food that will last you a month at best and then go out again for more in the middle of the outbreak.
    If you know how to hunt (or at least fish), you'll be a lot better off tbh.

I live within walking distance of a lake, I'm not going crazy on food stocking at all.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    With an estimated incubation period of 2-3 weeks with no symptoms but still being able to spread the virus, I think it's safe to assume it's a lot more widespread than we think.

Right now the number to watch is the recovery rate in not-China, and what groups most of the fatalities are in.

I say not-China because I don't think the numbers being reported there are anywhere near accurate.
    Yeah, I know this. But just stating that IF they did get it from Egypt, then they certainly have no idea how widespread the virus is in their country as they’ve only reported 2 cases from Egypt. It could also be just as likely, maybe more likely that they got it locally, but both scenarios are not good, because getting it locally just adds more evidence to what we already suspect, that the virus is already widespread within communities in the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    @derpkitteh I suppose it could be cached and still showing for me or a Great Firewall issue, but it is a National Geographic article that's too long to quote and detailed enough to be worth the read. Here is the header info.

ScienceExplainer
    Here’s what coronavirus does to the body
    From blood storms to honeycomb lungs, here’s an organ-by-organ look at how COVID-19 harms humans.
    11 Minute Read
    By Amy McKeever

PUBLISHED February 18, 2020
    Source: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...s-to-the-body/
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

People are blowing this way out of proportion, no one takes into consideration that the places with the most issues are ones that do not have the medical infrastructure to take care of the people being effected as well as generations of poor living conditions and weakened immune systems because of it. If you are in a country that has a proper healthcare system you will be fine.

China cannot possibly take care of it's people with the poor medical infrastructure it has period, so their numbers will be skewed.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2020-03-02 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @derpkitteh I suppose it could be cached and still showing for me or a Great Firewall issue, but it is a National Geographic article that's too long to quote and detailed enough to be worth the read. Here is the header info.

Source: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...s-to-the-body/
    that one works.

definitely sounds pretty rough. i hope that if they get a vaccine in testing, they just release it as soon as they know it at least doesn't make things worse. let the test be a trial by fire, rather than safe lab testing. this needs a quick response since it's so infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i'd read an article back during the start of this about a 40-ish year old english guy that caught it. he said he just didn't feel 100%, and spoke like he generally wasn't too bothered by having it. that kinda gave me the impression it was just the pneumonia killing old and frail people.

i think that article got removed or something, not seeing it.
    I want it to be nothing but I decided to play it safe. Worst case I will be having a bit more oatmeal,grain, and powdered milk on hand and will have a few extra rounds for hunting.

I would just rather have excess then not enough should the worse come to pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    People are blowing this way out of proportion, no one takes into consideration that the places with the most issues are ones that do not have the medical infrastructure to take care of the people being effected as well as generations of poor living conditions and weakened immune systems because of it. If you are in a country that has a proper healthcare system you will be fine.

China cannot possibly take care of it's people with the poor medical infrastructure it has period, so their numbers will be skewed.
    I've been saying this to so many people. We have these kinds of large viral spreads almost every year or two now, just given another name. Also its largely originates from china or other densely populated countries and it will always hit poorer nations because, surprise surprise, countries were people have weak health care and weaker immunue systems will suffer more. China and boast whatever shit it likes but its people are weak when it comes to natural resistance.
    #boycottchina

You are under the assumption the numbers are not already "skewed" because of either their inability to track the real number, or the fact there is now way to verify the actual number and their standards on reporting anything is sketchy at best downright fraudulent normally.

Based on the numbers coming out of Korea there is no way China is reporting even a 10th of the real number
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You are under the assumption the numbers are not already "skewed" because of either their inability to track the real number, or the fact there is now way to verify the actual number and their standards on reporting anything is sketchy at best downright fraudulent normally.

Based on the numbers coming out of Korea there is no way China is reporting even a 10th of the real number
    I can guarantee the numbers a wrong, and I can guarantee it was spread around the world way before the identified cases have been popping up outside of China. I have something right now that could be covid19, been sick for like 2 weeks and it is in my throat and chest. not getting tested though since I have to work and make money and cannot afford to be "quarantined" if that is what it turned out to be.

Sure feels fun to be a hypochondriac and wake up with breathing troubles. Ha ha ha.

Well, I've got to admit. The almost empty shells today in my local supermarket were mildly annoying.

I can guarantee the numbers a wrong, and I can guarantee it was spread around the world way before the identified cases have been popping up outside of China. I have something right now that could be covid19, been sick for like 2 weeks and it is in my throat and chest. not getting tested though since I have to work and make money and cannot afford to be "quarantined" if that is what it turned out to be.
    lol, you cant be incrimined if you are caught to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol, you cant be incrimined if you are caught to do this?
    No more than any other flu since it is being blown way put of proportion by everyone and every country.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Well, I've got to admit. The almost empty shells today in my local supermarket were mildly annoying.
    Wait till panic mode hits. One video of a kid dying of this or someone spattering face first into the ground struck dead suddenly in the states and every day will be black friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Wait till panic mode hits. One video of a kid dying of this or someone spattering face first into the ground struck dead suddenly in the states and every day will be black friday.
    Kids don't die of this though. Covid19 is like the thing we've been waiting for to relieve our pension system. Only old people seem to die.

No more than any other flu since it is being blown way put of proportion by everyone and every country.
    i mean, im pretty sure that if you go with flu in a work with a lot of interactions with elders or immunosuppressed, you can still be incrimined in some way

Flee to Madagascar or Greenland.
    Virus ain't getting me there.