10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX
    in case I get sick to deal with the symptoms.
    Please, think this through. Don't become part of the problem, if you have symptoms get your ass to a hospital -- ASAP, and with minimal exposure to others! Sure, you will probably be OK, but you will expose others who will in turn have contact with those who might be more vulnerable. This is exactly what is going to screw up attempts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    Please, think this through. Don't become part of the problem, if you have symptoms get your ass to a hospital -- ASAP, and with minimal exposure to others! Sure, you will probably be OK, but you will expose others who will in turn have contact with those who might be more vulnerable. This is exactly what is going to screw up attempts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
    Said nothing about going outside if I feel sick. I don't even know if said stuff is safe. I just want to tell a story about DXM.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-03-03 at 06:28 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Said nothing about going outside if I feel sick.
    Slicing the salami a bit thin there? What you said before the story was:
    Went and bought some OTC cough medicine just in case I get sick to deal with the symptoms.
    Point: You bought cough medicine "to deal with the symptoms"
    Point: You specifically posted in the COVID-19 thread. If "the symptoms" don't refer to the virus, why post that story here?
    Point: Not going to the doctor when you have COVID-19 symptoms is exactly the kind of thing that puts others at risk, no matter what you plan. Coughing and fever are common, but they're also COVID-19 symptoms.

This is why, in Beijing at least, sales medicine that can mask COVID-19 symptoms are being reported and likely will result in someone knocking on your door to ask you to self quarantine (with corresponding medical checks).

I hope people will stop with the damned lone wolf/Rambo/tough guy crap during the epidemic, or else it is going to keep spreading.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slicing the salami a bit thin there? What you said before the story was:

Point: You bought cough medicine "to deal with the symptoms"
    Point: You specifically posted in the COVID-19 thread. If "the symptoms" don't refer to the virus, why post that story here?
    Point: Not going to the doctor when you have COVID-19 symptoms is exactly the kind of thing that puts others at risk, no matter what you plan. Coughing and fever are common, but they're also COVID-19 symptoms.

This is why, in Beijing at least, sales medicine that can mask COVID-19 symptoms are being reported and likely will result in someone knocking on your door to ask you to self quarantine (with corresponding medical checks).

I hope people will stop with the damned lone wolf/Rambo/tough guy crap during the epidemic, or else it is going to keep spreading.
    Stop, just stop it. You're approaching strawman levels of WTF. Get back on topic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Said nothing about going outside if I feel sick. I don't even know if said stuff is safe. I just want to tell a story about DXM.
    Stop, just stop it. You're approaching strawman levels of WTF. Get back on topic.
    So you make an off-topic post about some bullshit describing behavior that would further the problem that is actually being discussed in this thread, and when someone informs you of your ignorant and potentially dangerous behavior, you tell them to get on topic. Classic.

Please, think this through. Don't become part of the problem, if you have symptoms get your ass to a hospital -- ASAP, and with minimal exposure to others!
    No, follow the current instructions of your local health officials.

Many (including US-CDC and European-CDC) want you to contact local health providers by phone so that others don't get infected at the hospital, or possibly even that you stay home if the symptoms are mild. But read their instructions, don't just phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    Every person infected in the world should be able to sue CCP for this.
    While they are primarily responsible its the fault of each country for how they dealt with it. They clearly don't view it as a serious threat since they still let people travel and continue spreading it. They should have closed borders and travel the moment China first let the news out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil
    No, follow the current instructions of your local health officials.
    You may notice, I am not currently posting from the US or Europe and as of lunch had seen nothing about the procedure you've described (suggesting the word is not getting out as well as it should. Thanks for filling me in.

If CDC has taken a different path, then of course follow those instructions ... but if they're relying on local health to handle things by phone I sure hope they have appropriate hotlines set up.

For us, I walk to the west gate of my apartment complex and check in with the designated staff there.
    @Skulltaker Appreciated.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200303003456320

South Korea's new coronavirus caseload approached 5,200 on Tuesday, with an alarming cluster of infections continuing to swell in the southeastern city of Daegu. President Moon Jae-in declared a "war" on the fast-spreading virus.

The 374 new cases, which were identified over the past 16 hours on Tuesday, brought the nation's total number of infections to 5,186, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said.

Tuesday's additional cases followed 600 new cases on Monday and the nation's sharpest daily spikes of 1,062 on Sunday and 813 on Saturday.

So far, 28 people, mostly patients with underlying illnesses, have died in South Korea from the respiratory virus that emerged in China late last year. Daegu, the epicenter of the virus outbreak here, reported one more death from the virus earlier in the day, but the new death was not included in an official update.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Actually..the confirmed cases is not the true number. There will always be cases not reported.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vow...150015131.html
    haha now The US is ramping up mask production, this just right after the surgeon general says stop buying masks. :P
    They just can't seem to make up their minds. LOL
    The Surgeon General doesn't dictate market behavior. Demand is rising for masks, manufacturers ramp up production to meet demand and MAKE MONEY.

The markets are not logical actors.

What the government should be doing, is bulk purchasing respirators (expensive medical equipment) that is needed to treat respiratory illnesses like Covid. This would be easier to do if the government was running the healthcare system and would have commercial relationships with medical equipment manufacturers, but alas...this is what we have.

Everyone just pucker your anuses for the epic price gauging incoming from Pharma as soon as this becomes a real problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    China is reporting the real numbers and you can't prove otherwise cos they burned all the evidence.
    We don't know how many more dead are lying dead in their apartments locked. They will burn those too.
    We will only know the ones that died in hospitals but in CCP numbers.
    Every person infected in the world should be able to sue CCP for this. They arrested the people who tried to warn the world and tried to cover this up.
    Long story short i agree with you. They are just lying.
    I don't think you have any idea how courts work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    While they are primarily responsible its the fault of each country for how they dealt with it. They clearly don't view it as a serious threat since they still let people travel and continue spreading it. They should have closed borders and travel the moment China first let the news out.
    Had they done that, they would have crashed the global economy in the span of an afternoon. Furthermore border closures combined with generalized panic could actually make this worse, much faster.

Under normal travel conditions you can track how people move, how they got somewhere, where they are coming from, who did they travel with. If you halt legal travel, what you will be left with is illegal travel (any sizable country, especially one of the size of China, has no realistic way to fully control all its borders, no matter how authoritarian they are), where you lose all ability to track people's movements potentially making the spread exponentially worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...68046.html?amp

Basically, don't walk around wearing a mask unless you actually have the virus
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    I don't think you have any idea how courts work.
    Do you? Please enlighten me.

Went and bought some OTC cough medicine just in case I get sick to deal with the symptoms.

Got two boxes because I figured why not buy some for someone else or to keep in the medicine cabinet, right? Register says 'restricted product'. Mind you I purposely dont buy Nyquil to avoid this.

WTF is up with suburban kids fucking up their livers for weird-ass highs? The clerk was 'oh nyquil, I purposely didn't get nyquil so I can be in and out.' "Oh kids are taking DXM too". Then see laughed at the wtf face I gave her. Talk to your kids, man.
    Dextromethorphan (DXM) , the active ingredient in all OTC cough suppressants is actually an incredibility strong dissociative anesthetic drug when taken in 250 mg + doses. Giving highs similar to ketamine and PCP ( as they are both dissociative anesthetic drugs as well)

When they're putting shit like this in stores behind the shelves, you can't really blame kids for trying to get high off it.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200303003456320

South Korea's new coronavirus caseload approached 5,200 on Tuesday, with an alarming cluster of infections continuing to swell in the southeastern city of Daegu. President Moon Jae-in declared a "war" on the fast-spreading virus.

The 374 new cases, which were identified over the past 16 hours on Tuesday, brought the nation's total number of infections to 5,186, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said.

Tuesday's additional cases followed 600 new cases on Monday and the nation's sharpest daily spikes of 1,062 on Sunday and 813 on Saturday.

So far, 28 people, mostly patients with underlying illnesses, have died in South Korea from the respiratory virus that emerged in China late last year. Daegu, the epicenter of the virus outbreak here, reported one more death from the virus earlier in the day, but the new death was not included in an official update.
    More proof that China's numbers were bullshit with this kind of growth....

- - - Updated - - -

LOL- More proof that travel bans are only for the poor
    With these loopholes, might as well give up on trying to contain..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-outbreak.html

Private jet business is 'booming' with people paying $15,000 PER HOUR to evacuate coronavirus-prone areas and to avoid travel bans

The private air travel industry is 'booming' amid the coronavirus outbreak with one company receiving thousands of requests 'within hours' to secure a seat

Public has 'become extremely fearful and prefer to stay away from commercial airport terminals and aircraft cabins due to the increased levels of exposure'
    Passengers are paying 3x the $5,000 per hour rate to fly private

Private jet services allow travelers to avoid commercial security, and possibly temperature screenings
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    More confirmed cases reduces the mortality rate, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The growth in China was actually faster if you compare the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every person infected in the world should be able to sue CCP for this.
    this isn't how the law works.
    oh no chile just reported it's first case. one of my battlenet friends is from there.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-03 at 08:49 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Anyone seen these videos out of Iran, doesnt look good.