Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    If willing to sacrifice some of these in favour of people not dying from a morbid disease is hating, then yes, I'm the biggest hater. Why you ask?
    Ah so you plan on being a healthy corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Ah so you plan on being a healthy corpse.
    so if there is a virus outbreak we shouldn't quarantine people? uhm wtf? i'm confused.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so if there is a virus outbreak we shouldn't quarantine people? uhm wtf? i'm confused.
    He didn't say quarantine he wants to cancel all travel and transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    110%. This virus takes a while to show symptoms, it is very contagious and there is no cure. Then it is pretty much everywhere in the world now, so it is impossible to contain.

Maybe some countries will be able to deal with it, but it will require closing all travel. So far only China could do that.

I suspect summer holidays will be canceled for many people, tourism industry will suffer a lot. Partially due to lockdowns, partially due to panic. Some airlines, travel agencies, hotels and other businesses that rely on tourism might go bankrupt. Then, if countries do start to quarantine people, local businesses will temporary stop, global supply chains will be broken, businesses worldwide will suffer.
    Yep. We were planning on going to Croatia this summer, but the fact Dubrovnik has tens of thousands of people coming off cruise ships everyday is making me and my family pretty nervous. Crusie ships are basically breeding grounds for corona virus. Someone that has it comes off the boat and gets bused in to then sneeze on the glass of a gelato store and then BOOM. Croatia is only across the pond from Italy which is a huge shit show right now.

This will go the way of SARS and Bird Flu and all the others. That's my prediction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    And i was looking at news. LOL cleaning the train coming from Italy disenfecting. WHY NOT CANCEL TRAVEL INSTEAD!!!!
    We don't want to hurt the feelings of people who travel. That has priority over spreading a deadly pandemic. And as some eloquent poster said before , it will crash the economy if you don't let people travel for a while thats the backbone of the global economy, tourists and randoms. Looking at the stupidity with which this pandemic is treated I'm almost sorry its not deadlier just to teach the morons a lesson you need better measures to contain such threats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    This will go the way of SARS and Bird Flu and all the others. That's my prediction.
    Already spreads more then those and it started to develop deadlier strains.

- - - Updated - - -

At what point do you feel all travel should be cancelled ? How many need to die before we get that magical check mark ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    On the other hand, virus is locomotive of evolution so these people can be considered progressivists pushing out species towards the better immunity and some random mutations that can provide a critical advantage many generations later
    Do you have parents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    even if it does is there any reason this shouldn't serve as a warning to be better prepared for when a really bad virus/outbreak happens?

- - - Updated - - -

and why shouldn't they? should we put money before lives so you can have your shiny things? do you want this to get WORSE? this is what you do to stop the spread is cordon off the infected area to stop the spread so more people don't get it. but no lets let it keep resuming just so we don't to interrupt our daily lives.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-06 at 10:22 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Many virus's are seasonal - it could disappear completely in a couple of months due to the change in weather / people's behavior.

I'm sure it will be wiped out in Florida...after it stops snowing. /sarcasm

and why shouldn't they? should we put money before lives so you can have your shiny things? do you want this to get WORSE? this is what you do to stop the spread is cordon off the infected area to stop the spread so more people don't get it. but no lets let it keep resuming just so we don't to interrupt our daily lives.
    How do you plan on having shiny things as you call them like food, services and supplies without travel and transportation? you are basically saying you can survive on what you have until the virus passes. Also let's be clear quarantines and other measures are there to buy you time it doesn't make the virus go away.

even if it does is there any reason this shouldn't serve as a warning to be better prepared for when a really bad virus/outbreak happens?

- - - Updated - - -

Its only at 4000-5000 deaths so far?

World wide im pretty sure more people are dying via donkey travel (Not joking).

Theres more to global transportation than Rolex watches like food, medicinal supplies, other such vital items that help us from having to buy out tactical wipes and non perishable goods from infowars and hoping your new seed/potato farm is a quick grower
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why would you think it would fade into the background like flu? Aren't the issues with Corona that it seems to be twice as infection infecting up to 4 people instead of 2 like the seasonal flu? And that he is also far more deadly.
    The transmission and mortality estimates are all rough estimates at the moment - the error bars are really too large to treat transmission rate or mortality as stylized facts. The reason for me to guess that it will be a background (although important) public health problem is primarily historical precedent - if you go around guessing that most outbreaks won't matter much in the long run, you'll mostly turn out to be correct. Nothing about the biology of coronavirus would implicate it as being particularly special - it doesn't have incredibly high transmissibility like measles or anything like the mortality rates of ebola.

People get used to the kind of diseases that kill a few thousand elderly folks per year.

Oh hey, China spreading propaganda about the virus, color me shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post

And americans will blame Obama
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Isnt that youtube channel some Falun Gong madness, fucking hell why do people watch this kind of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    And americans will blame Obama
    and blame Ion too probably. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Isnt that youtube channel some Falun Gong madness, fucking hell why do people watch this kind of garbage
    Well we found another victim of Chinese propaganda, showing that it clearly works.

This is going to be way off topic now.

But China Uncensored is produced by New York based NTD.TV (New Tang Dynasty Television), which yes is affiliated with the Falun Gong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

Anyways if you want to call a satirical web tv show as "Falun Gong madness", more power too you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    and blame Ion too probably. :P
    Can we blame cancer on Ion while were at it?

Most of the news coverage on this virus is nothing but a political and corporate stunt made to make people buy medical supplies. Literally some hand sanitizers online are 85 dollars. give me a break. oh and let china burn. its people will rebuild it as it should be.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Well we found another victim of Chinese propaganda, showing that it clearly works.

But China Uncensored is produced by New York based NTD.TV (New Tang Dynasty Television), which yes is affiliated with the Falun Gong.

Anyways if you want to call a satirical web tv show as "Falun Gong madness", more power too you.
    You can be critical of China without buffing a cult. Do you read the epoch times too lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we blame cancer on Ion while were at it?
    Whatever floats your boat.
    I was simply adding to the blame theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Most of the news coverage on this virus is nothing but a political and corporate stunt made to make people buy medical supplies. Literally some hand sanitizers online are 85 dollars. give me a break. oh and let china burn. its people will rebuild it as it should be.
    You would think the US would crack down on American based companies price gouging. It surely does seem like politicians have used the virus as some political situation rather than a purely science/medical one. T.T
    I think the American political system should burn and we rebuild a new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone see that the Czech republic created a 130k$ fine for anyone breaking quarantine isolation? Why oh why isn't the US doing this?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.