Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if we cant contain this virus we are on verge of collapse of this "amazing modern societies" which moved all their production ot asia.

if west would be to move it back it would cause imidiate 50-100% inflation in most of industry branches - and most of people would found themselve very very poor.
    Thats not how it works.

There is so much cheap labor worldwide that even china is outsourcing production to south asia/india, the whole african continent and south america.

The truth is, that whole continents could break down for cheap labor and the general population in the few western countrys would not even notice a change in the day-to-day life.

Do you really care if you get your semiconductors from taiwan, china, africa or india?

Yes some cheap "africa phones" for 5-10€ would not be possible without china, but how does this affect the westerns iphone consuments that pay 1000€ for a smartphone every 1-2 years? Apple might not make 850€ profit per phone anymore - I know, I know a huge disaster, the loss of that much tax money.

At worse it could push the middle class, you know that part of the economy that actually benefits the wealth of the overall pululation and not just the wealth of the sub 1%. Horrible! Just Horrible if the large global brands with 100% asia production would lose money and would have to invest in national production. What a grimm looking consequence.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-03-08 at 11:27 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    people shoudl imidiately stop comparing coronavirus to flu because they are not same deseases.
    They should more importantly call this COVID-19, not coronavirus, as there are other coronaviruses - some cause the common cold (the common cold is a mix of a number diseases; and some percentage are caused by a number of other coronaviruses - even if the majority are caused by rhinoviruses).

Bodies are piling up in Iran as my relatives witnessed their loved ones being buried in mass graves to avoid public declaration of the death tolls, apparantly it kills more than it gets published, both in Iran and China
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...9-myths-busted

But the thing is, where is the democracy headed to, when we cant trust any government around the globe, and they have invested so much in fighting riots and rebels and controling information that we all feel theres nothing we could do to change them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Thats not how it works.

There is so much cheap labor worldwide that even china is outsourcing production to south asia/india, the whole african continent and south america.

The truth is, that whole continents could break down for cheap labor and the general population in the few western countrys would not even notice a change in the day-to-day life.

Do you really care if you get your semiconductors from taiwan, china, africa or india?

Yes some cheap "africa phones" for 5-10€ would not be possible without china, but how does this affect the westerns iphone consuments that pay 1000€ for a smartphone every 1-2 years? Apple might not make 850€ profit per phone anymore - I know, I know a huge disaster, the loss of that much tax money.

At worse it could push the middle class, you know that part of the economy that actually benefits the wealth of the overall pululation and not just the wealth of the sub 1%. Horrible! Just Horrible if the large global brands with 100% asia production would lose money and would have to invest in national production. What a grimm looking consequence.
    your example is very poor. i dont blame you since i doubt you have much experience in business.

the lack of components and materials produced in china leads direckly to many factories in west being unable to function. this can easily lead to huge reducement in employement.

the situation in italy is vastly underplayed. most of factories that we work with stopped working 2 weeks ago and and there are no estimate when they will go back to work . if this virues contines to spread liek this their whole country will be under lockdown in 2 weeks. situation in china is tragic - most shippements stopped over a month ago and nobody have any idea when they will resume working .we already had to send contracts to companies in our country but this will mean that winter collection will me minimum 30% more expensive then the one from last year because of labour costs. and this is all under assumption that our country wont get hit strongly by virus. i it will be ? well this will mean huge lacks of supply in our prducts as we are one of leading producers that product in our country

people focus on making supplies of pasts and canned food - mate my advice is make supply of things like winter clothes/footwear etc while they are on sale atm because if virus will continue to spread like this prices of those products will go minimum 100%up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapower View Post
    Bodies are piling up in Iran as my relatives witnessed their loved ones being buried in mass graves to avoid public declaration of the death tolls, apparantly it kills more than it gets published, both in Iran and China
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...9-myths-busted

But the thing is, where is the democracy headed to, when we cant trust any government around the globe, and they have invested so much in fighting riots and rebels and controling information that we all feel theres nothing we could do to change them?
    I don't know anything about this particular case with Iran, and this isn't necessarily directed at what you're saying, but I do want to point out that all this talk of places like China and Iran having "bodies piled up waiting to be burned or tossed into mass graves" does not necessarily mean they are hiding numbers and "tens to hundreds of thousands of people" are dying from it.

Just because there's a virus doesn't automatically stop everyone else in a city dying from other causes, including old age. When the medical sector is backed up as it is, many more will be dying of other causes as well. If funeral services are suspended, bodies will pile up. I believe (I could be wrong) that Hubei is requiring bodies to be burned rather than the traditional methods of burial, and not just bodies from those that died from COVID-19.

So all these "piled up bodies" that people are consistently talking about aren't just people who died from COVID. From what I can find, there's a worldwide 7.7 deaths per 1000 people per year. In Hubei's population of around 60 million, that's around 500,000 people that die per year of anything, about 40,000 per month. That's a lot of bodies that now need to be burned rather than buried. A lot of bodies that suspended funeral services can't handle, and hospitals are stuck with.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2020-03-08 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Yes. /shortone
    You know perfectly well that I meant "what should they do"...
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm comforted by random posters on a gaming forum saying there is nothing to worry about.
    IKR. haha i'm comforted by the fact i'm in Beijing where the only cases we seem to get are from outside of the country via planes that shouldn't be letting them in. All of my relatives live in the sticks in Wis or very rural areas of NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm comforted by random posters on a gaming forum saying there is nothing to worry about.
    IKR. haha i'm comforted by the fact i'm in Beijing where the only cases we seem to get are from outside of the country via planes that shouldn't be letting them in. All of my relatives live in the sticks in Wis or very rural areas of NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The best example is Africa dude. Nobody got sick there. This proves Coronavirus is either a hoax or just a mild flu at worst.

Edit: addin /s in case Poes Law earns me a red card
    Or got scared off by Ebola. :P

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...153330491.html
    There ya go! It's safe to assume they are well stocked on TP for the rest of their lives. :P
    2,300 TP rolls.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I don't know anything about this particular case with Iran, and this isn't necessarily directed at what you're saying, but I do want to point out that all this talk of places like China and Iran having "bodies piled up waiting to be burned or tossed into mass graves" does not necessarily mean they are hiding numbers and "tens to hundreds of thousands of people" are dying from it.

Just because there's a virus doesn't automatically stop everyone else in a city dying from other causes, including old age. When the medical sector is backed up as it is, many more will be dying of other causes as well. If funeral services are suspended, bodies will pile up. I believe (I could be wrong) that Hubei is requiring bodies to be burned rather than the traditional methods of burial, and not just bodies from those that died from COVID-19.

So all these "piled up bodies" that people are consistently talking about aren't just people who died from COVID. From what I can find, there's a worldwide 7.7 deaths per 1000 people per year. In Hubei's population of around 60 million, that's around 500,000 people that die per year of anything, about 40,000 per month. That's a lot of bodies that now need to be burned rather than buried. A lot of bodies that suspended funeral services can't handle, and hospitals are stuck with.
    You are absolutely right, that and the fact that no one is working to burry them. But the thing is denying a truth doesn't cover its existance. The first city that got exposed had a death rate more than 20% compared to overall being declared now, and denying history is only of a natural instinct to keep your senses in a safe mode, hence the suppression that exists in facism like the chernobyl incident, we have hundreds of which in history when the population was lied to to keep it away from panic, or other political reasons, exhibit the 176 ukranian flight incident, or the trump treason with russia, or the peace USA signed with the 9/11 terrorist party last week, or the coup USA denied for 50 years and then released the documents to it, or the ISIS being supported first from europe, then denied and faught against, or the Karter communication with Khomeini that was denied then proved. You don't want to know their reasons, as long as they can keep your attention span away from it.

TL;DR Yes, but that doesn't prove anything. You don't want to believe that you are manipulated or being controlled, it's safe to assume from history, that's a fact, but you are not being lied to is not.

It's in my neck of the woods now. Cherry Hill NJ just down the road from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    better stock up and just stay home gaming for a few weeks straight. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Stock up on instant noodles and flour
    #boycottchina

In the same boat as too many here; have to work.
    My best cure for when I feel I'm getting the flu is to go out and jog for a couple hours. I don't know if it'll work the same for this virus, but I try not to let much stop me.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the same boat as too many here; have to work.
    My best cure for when I feel I'm getting the flu is to go out and jog for a couple hours. I don't know if it'll work the same for this virus, but I try not to let much stop me.
    Just don't do it in a public area
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Stock up on instant noodles and flour
    And toilet paper, get as much as you can, fill your garage with it if you have to. Everybody knows in a pandemic toilet paper becomes worth its weight in gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    You know perfectly well that I meant "what should they do"...
    Simple, Declare code red, total lockdown. Fuck the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Just don't do it in a public area
    haha i read that as pubic. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    China is definitely the victim of other country's poor quarantine procedures.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    The best example is Africa dude. Nobody got sick there. This proves Coronavirus is either a hoax or just a mild flu at worst.

Edit: addin /s in case Poes Law earns me a red card
    Mostly because nobody really travels there.
    You'll notice most third world countries don't have the infection because nobody can afford to go around for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Mostly because nobody really travels there.
    You'll notice most third world countries don't have the infection because nobody can afford to go around for fun.
    Bull.shit.

China is one of the biggest, if not the biggest investor in Africa. They have cases of Covid19, but are simply too poor to afford large scale testing.

As one article I read recently said it: In Africa, nobody will notice if a few more people die.