Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    How the fuck do you accidentally buy 2300 +/- rolls of TP? O.o
    They were doing an online order and when they entered 58 they though it was the number of rolls of TP. Turned out it was the number of cartoons they had ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    They were doing an online order and when they entered 58 they though it was the number of rolls of TP. Turned out it was the number of cartoons they had ordered.
    So either not paying attention or bad labeling on the site, that could make sense. Though, i've never seen anywhere that sells by the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the US last night admitted they have no way to even track what hospitals and testing facilities are doing with the 900,000 test kits.

so the numbers in the US are not even close to accurate since tracking is a huge cluster fuck right now.

sad since we had so much time to prepair after it started to spread in china...but i guess when you have an administration that thinks its just the flu and will not be a problem.....
    The number of test kits is actually irrelevant because the labs can only do about 7800 tests per day and that is if they stop testing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    What does it matter if China is lying? You don't live there, and they're dealing with it far better than any other country. It's extremely pathetic how other countries have been treating the spread of the virus comparatively.

Until a country is willing to close down the travel of 60 million people entirely (not just partially), they can shove it in complaining that China isn't doing enough.

It's also important to realize that any vaccine being available in the next 12-15 months is wishful thinking. There is still no vaccine to SARS and that was 18 years ago. Luckily a lot of money is pouring into creating a vaccine, but money doesn't magically make one appear. Tests have to be continuously successful for a vaccine to even begin to materialize, and that could potentially take years.
    Not to mention how countries are dealing with asians in general, thinking that any asian person is a carrier. China doesn't have any cases where foreigners are getting attacked for possibly being carriers. I agree with China dealing with the situation far better, especially with the fever checks everywhere you go, including every community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    How the fuck do you accidentally buy 2300 +/- rolls of TP? O.o
    https://news.yahoo.com/rolling-toile...104118518.html no clue man...just no clue. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the US last night admitted they have no way to even track what hospitals and testing facilities are doing with the 900,000 test kits.

so the numbers in the US are not even close to accurate since tracking is a huge cluster fuck right now.

sad since we had so much time to prepair after it started to spread in china...but i guess when you have an administration that thinks its just the flu and will not be a problem.....
    That's what i'm wondering. I'm pretty sure anyone with half a brain in the white house could have predicted this would start happening in the US *as well as multiple countries around the globe* and told Trump directly that we need to start preparing like...immediately. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Going to Spain in one month. Its gonna be interesting to see if the flight is full or not. With some luck I get a row all for myself.

I'd like an Ultra Nothing Burger with extra cheese but drop the HYSTERIA!! This it the biggest non happening in world history at this point!
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Just posting a link for info: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/01/a...hnk/index.html

It's a long-ish article and not well suited for block quoting.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    I'd like an Ultra Nothing Burger with extra cheese but drop the HYSTERIA!! This it the biggest non happening in world history at this point!
    I hear that if you order a side order of covfefe, that lowers the effectiveness of hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If we had a mother fucking death counter and a breaking news report every 10 minutes on all channels on how many people get diabetes and die or are maimed by diabetes, we would have fucking banned Sugar by now.

The panic has very very little to do with the damage the illness can cause and all to do with how the fucking media deals with it and how people are dumb enough to fucking panic.
    still its not a bad idea . to make such action . lets say 1 week a year. worldwide. it would have immense effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Going to Spain in one month. Its gonna be interesting to see if the flight is full or not. With some luck I get a row all for myself.
    Your flight might be canceled altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    India has cures with cow dung, not to be left behind we have this kind of stuff: https://news.yahoo.com/televangelist...162727214.html

Lisa Landau, the chief of the state Attorney General's Health Care Bureau, sent the cease-and-desist letter on 3 March, giving Mr Bakker 10 days to comply or potentially face a $5,000 fine per violation.

"Your show's segment may mislead consumers as to the effectiveness of the Silver Solution product in protecting against the current outbreak," Ms Landau wrote.

"Therefore, any representation on the Jim Bakker Show that its Silver Solution products are effective at combating and/or treating the 2019 novel coronavirus violates New York law," she added.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    So...the entire country of Italy is now on lock-down.
    Probaly not good enogh.

A bit or recap news:

A lot of stuff is canceled.

https://www.delo.si/novice/slovenija...ki-286632.html
    25 sick so far here. At least those that were reported -- mostly travelers from Italy and staff that were dealing with virus.

Chinese president Xi visited Wuhan today. Guess things are looking up for the country now.

Fear is an interesting concept.

Some people say other people are overreacting and letting the panic spread.
    Allthough that is surely true fear is making other people taking this issue way too lightly: the fear makes them refuse the gravity of the situation.They say:"It's not that dangerous,its a flu!!" because they can't not accept it and that denial comforts them.

There's a problem with fear in both sides so where do we draw the line? How do I know if panic is making me take absurd measures with no scientific basis or panic is making me not taking the appropiate measures because I'm in denial?

Listen to the experts. Simple as that,not to your coworker,not to your cousin and surely not to a President that contradicts his own federal organisms.

If we listen to the experts we have an almost guaranteed pandemic scenario. How much is impossible to say because some experts are willing to especulate terrific numbers and others just won't speculate but this is gonna spread.It's gonna spread in the northen hemisphere now and come the summer the southern hemisphere ( that will be a way bigger problem for them).

So...we can not stop it? Are you saying we should not do anything because it's too late?
    Quite the opposite: we have to take drastic measures now because we know we can't stop it.

There's two scenarios:

1. A hundred of thousands of infections over the course of months. The health systems can keep up with that numbers and the more serious cases are treated.There's a constant cycle of new people getting sick and getting cured but at any particular moment the system can treat them.

2. A hundred of thousands of infections over the course of weeks. The health systems can NOT keep up with that number, not all the more serious cases are treated and mortality rates skyrocket because hospitals are collapsed.

There's a HUGE FUCKING difference between scenario 1 and 2. In Scenario 2 it's not just more people die from COVID-19: the system is broken so there's a problem with that radiotherapy you had scheduled,and that appointment with the cardiologist is posponed and that surgery you need can not be done now...Scenario 2 increases mortality rate from every other illness and this is the perfect recipe for disaster.

BE responsible.DO what experts say. The key for avoiding the shit hits the fan is the contagion rate and that's a personal responsibilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Chinese president Xi visited Wuhan today. Guess things are looking up for the country now.
    Probaly in hazmat suit. One that looks Whinee the pooh (sorrry couldnt resist).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    China defeated and roasted! Big win for western society! (No, it was actually pretty cringe worthy)

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    There's a problem with fear in both sides so where do we draw the line? How do I know if panic is making me take absurd measures with no scientific basis or panic is making me not taking the appropiate measures because I'm in denial?
    Ah yes, the "no u" defense. I'm panicking, so it must mean the person over there who isn't panicking is just be pretending not to be panicking to hide their panic.

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    His own special *yellow* hazmat suit. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Ah yes, the "no u" defense. I'm panicking, so it must mean the person over there who isn't panicking is just be pretending not to be panicking to hide their panic.

Please.
    Hearing about you panicking is making me want to stop hiding my false sense of panic.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Please.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the name you want to give it as long as you follow the experts recommendations.

If you are in a total complete calm state or pretending, again, I-DONT-CARE. I care that you control your symptons and take the appropiate measures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it has started. As we are the next neighbour to Italy, our government announced today that all public events are banned until April. All universities are closed down, and tomorrow probably schools.

In my office, there is a bit of gloom, as no one knows how to handle the next weeks, especially parents.

The economy will tank.