10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I need to see my mother tomorrow to exchange some things, but then that's probably the last I'm gonna see my parents for awhile until I absolutely need to go back for appointments.

Must protect them at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Interesting video, at least after 8 minutes 10 seconds:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rmMh2pLKAc
    (And as always ignore the youtube comments.)

The interesting part is that they explain why they aren't doing more radical things yet but will do it later when the deaths almost inevitably pile up.
    A very very intense video for quite a few reasons.

Jeremy Hunt's bull shit responses were more educational and useful than pretty much anything that any American politician has been saying, republican or democrat.

The times when the interviewer broke through his bullshit mode and got him to share his real thoughts were intense and very useful. And oh yeah - scary.

This interview makes me sad for America. I think that things are going to get real bad for us over the next few months.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2020-03-12 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah I need to see my mother tomorrow to exchange some things, but then that's probably the last I'm gonna see my parents for awhile until I absolutely need to go back for appointments.

Luckily mine live in a podunk town where no one has money to travel anyway, it'd be one of the last places to be hit.

This article from BBC yesterday about how Amazon will now give employees unlimited sick days makes me ironic.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51832894

And this quote is just... mind boggling. Then again I have seen americans attempt to defend this here on the Mmochamp.

Many US warehouse workers are entitled to only 10 days' leave a year - for all holidays, sickness and emergencies.

Some workers also say they are being told increase their hours, known as mandatory extra time, because of increased demand and staff shortages.
    What are the chances we will soon see news about hospitals turning down requests for free testing because they were not informed about this or that they are trying to ignore it?

Good call I just went over there (pop's house) and filled up 14 days of my dads daily pill distribution. he can do it himself but messes up a bunch not good especially with water pills and diabetes/heart problems.

I am not disappointed and angry I did not do a full 30 days.

I also just ordered him about 3 weeks of food and a bunch of TP/Lysol (shocked they had in stock).

cancelled his psych apt cause its right next door to the hospital. He can call her if he needs too.

Tho he said he is prepared to shoot any CovidZombies….if need be to save the world!!

- - - Updated - - -

Almost all the insurance companies and all govt programs have already committed to covering any "testing" cost. Some states have also made available money to reimburse hospitals for the uninsured as well and Medicaid now has additional funding secured to do the same thing for low income folks.

"commitment" does not mean they have to actually do it since the CDC cannot approve additional spending not authorized by congress and their approved budget.
    they could move money around but that is hard.

Congress WILL pass something tonight or tomorrow that will basically do this for everyone even if you have insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

What are the chances we will soon see news about hospitals turning down requests for free testing because they were not informed about this or that they are trying to ignore it?

hospitals will not lose a dime someone else will pick up the cost no matter what in the end.
    Most of the test kits are also being provided to facilities for free right now anyway
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can panic a little less since pregnant woman aren't at any worse risk from Coronavirus, still, what a time to be in this spot.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I can panic a little less since pregnant woman aren't at any worse risk from Coronavirus, still, what a time to be in this spot.
    I've got my mom staying with me for the time being and this has really got me in a bind, being in the Seattle area.

Makes it worse when you see all these knuckleheads going around defiant of any and all precautions. Maybe you're 21 and don't have a care in the world, but if I get this and pass it on to my mom, it would be awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily numbers for Washington just rolled in. Another +91 cases confirmed, bringing our total to 457.

This should bring the US total for today up to right around +500 or so.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Daily numbers for Washington just rolled in. Another +91 cases confirmed, bringing our total to 457.

This should bring the US total for today up to right around +500 or so.
    Yeah, the last couple of days we got our first cases here in Kitsap county. Fun times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, the last couple of days we got our first cases here in Kitsap county. Fun times...
    Kinda worried about DFW next. Major hub because of the airport (and a pilot was just diagnosed), and we've got 7 cases so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've got my mom staying with me for the time being and this has really got me in a bind, being in the Seattle area.

Makes it worse when you see all these knuckleheads going around defiant of any and all precautions. Maybe you're 21 and don't have a care in the world, but if I get this and pass it on to my mom, it would be awful.
    I've got my daughter, me and an just past the usual window I miscarry in new tiny person and then my husband whom I've forced to wear a face mask and hand sanitize himself constantly. I've got this house on lock, still like I am a bit worried. Especially for my friends who don't have the luxury of sabbaticals and such gifts. Also of course my mom texts me asking what the symptoms are because she has sniffles and sneezes as of this morning. O_O
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you're a bit isolated in Kitsap. I live in Seattle proper, ground zero. 270+ cases confirmed here now.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not that it matters a super lot what I personally thought a few days ago, but I have to admit I severely underestimated the risk here. I'm doing the little I can to broaden the curve - limiting personal travel, taking all the work from home days I can get, canceling unnecessary trips that I and people under me have.

As @PACOX states a couple posts above, this pandemic is pretty bad, but what really concerns me is how inept the response has been - thinking about more dangerous pathogens is deeply concerning.
    Its inept because piece of shit conservatives are in the US government overruling scientific reality of how novel viruses are extremely virulent. You, being a mealy mouthed conservative, have given cover to this sham of an ideology masking as an alternative to legitimate, evidence-based governance because you are too prideful to admit that you follow a destructive and regressive political persuasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    At least you're a bit isolated in Kitsap. I live in Seattle proper, ground zero. 270+ cases confirmed here now.
    I'm actually in the Santa Cruz area of Cali, I heard about a case a county over, like 40 minutes away near Gilroy. I'm like "DAMNIT!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually in the Santa Cruz area of Cali, I heard about a case a county over, like 40 minutes away near Gilroy. I'm like "DAMNIT!"
    I spent most of my life in the Bay Area in California and only just recently moved up here to Seattle. Pretty much everyone I care about is one of the three or four largest outbreak hotspots. I also live right next to an assisted living community where one of the elderly tenants tested positive, though they were later moved to a hospital and subsequently died there.

So yeah, this virus is a very real worry for me.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Now..if you're going to blame China, also blame American companies that are using China for cheap labor..making things that YOU buy for cheaper than what they would be made in the US. Just a tidbit to think about. Also blame our own Trump administration for acting poorly to this virus, as they didn't seem to be worried *at least to the American people* when the virus was first mentioned as a possible global thing. :P
    Thats not what I mean...We are slaves to China by now, not the other way around. Look, you can fucking go to ebay or wish.com and buy RIGHT NOW fake adidas, Nvidia GPU's or sennheiser inears...China is hustling our ass so hard its pathetic (Look that shit up on youtube and see how bad it is!!!)...We have no back bone, we just let them have everything and we get nothing from it...And no labor is not important, we could produce shit ourselfs....We are a big nation in the EU and the US. Look first they made our shit, then they copied it, and now they have all our know-how and a huge trained work force...Their wages aint even that low anymore I bet.

Its time to world woke up and stop the china bootlicking. This corona virus says it all. They cant be trusted in a modern society, where they only look out for themselfs. If China continues, they will rule us...I just pray India will become industrialized fast.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-03-13 at 12:39 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Be happy it is so far away...
    We already have 3 deaths in Heinsberg, which is 10km away from me... and I am pretty sure there are already a lot running around near me. In fact I might have it (officially influenzal infection), I quarantined myself and won't leave my house for the next 1 1/2 weeks.

Heinsberg is pretty small btw, only around 50k people and has 50% of all deaths in Germany so far

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Be happy it is so far away...
    We already have 3 deaths in Heinsberg, which is 10km away from me... and I am pretty sure there are already a lot running around near me. In fact I might have it (officially influenzal infection), I quarantined myself and won't leave my house for the next 1 1/2 weeks.

Heinsberg is pretty small btw, only around 50k people and has 50% of all deaths in Germany so far
    Can we get an F in the chat for our comrade Inuyaki?

Can we get an F in the chat for our comrade Inuyaki?
    haha thanks, I am fine, not a risk group, ~30, and thus a really mild case. Just scared I could have it and infect other older people.
    But I got sick leave this week and had taken off next week already anyway. So now I have an excuse to not leave the house and play new PoE league

10+ Year Old Account
    Sports - canceled
    Festivals - canceled
    School - canceled

Chick-fil-A just told me they are still serving up sandwiches every day but Sunday though!

Resident Cosplay Progressive