Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    first grocery store run since it started... was a bit surreal... all meats gone minus some pork stuff. ALL milk gone, most cheeses gone, can goods low, drinks low, crackers low... calm down folks.. The saddest part is that i suspect a lot of this hoarded food will go bad before it gets used
    oh they did have some TP Though if needed lol
    People are not thinking about others, families with kids etc. I'm willing to bet many of the horders and panic buyers are fatties. *no offense*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Went to the store as well recently. Didn't check TP, but they were rather low on bread and meat. Unusually low.

The best part? I don't think we even have Corona yet.
    I'm sure corona is sold out too. Gotta have beer!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    it was a really bad cough and yeah i was running a fever
    that does sound like it. did you develop any breathing trouble? How long did you have the symptoms for? Sorry to bug about this, just wanting to really hear it from people who go though it.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that does sound like it. did you develop any breathing trouble? How long did you have the symptoms for? Sorry to bug about this, just wanting to really hear it from people who go though it.
    oh you arent bugging my breathing wasnt the best it started christmas eve and i got the chills bad where my whole body was shaking to the point i could barely sleep then the next day the cough and fever hit bad and the whole thing lasted till about the 2nd week of january
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    oh you arent bugging my breathing wasnt the best it started christmas eve and i got the chills bad where my whole body was shaking to the point i could barely sleep then the next day the cough and fever hit bad and the whole thing lasted till about the 2nd week of january
    Well glad you pulled though it. must have sucked especially around christmas time :S
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    our company finally put out a faq on the coronavirus and it is so terrible. the info is two months out of date.(limited cases in the u.s. and low risk. my ass. also says only a few countries outside china have it and that only 2 people have died.LOLS.) it heavily implies we face the possibility of being fired if we request a leave of absence to be quarantined if we don't have any pto/sick leave/unpaid time off left. we have to send every such request through hr first. it advises NOT quarantining yourself if you have been to one of the affected countries if you do not show signs. (it then advises one question TO quarantine yourself that asks the same damn thing just reworded.) states you are not under any obligation to quarantine yourself. same for if you contact people who have confirmed to have the virus. technically correct but fucking seriously it doesn't even say to get yourself tested. facemasks will not be provided to employees who ask. hand sanitizers requests outside the approved budget will not be approved. dodges answering the heaviest questions by refering people to ask the cdc about what to do if you catch the virus. no pto for any employee who does get it on top of it. it just reads like a gigantic trainwreck waiting to happen.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-15 at 03:52 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well glad you pulled though it. must have sucked especially around christmas time :S
    it was not fun lol i ended just sleeping days away the cough was the worst part got to a point where every time i coughed it felt like i got hit in the ribs with a sledge hammer
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    It's funny how people think it will blow over in 2 weeks while it started in Dec/Jan in China and they are just now getting back to normal.
    And they actually took far more proactive steps than the US has. Current models estimate around 200 million people will be infected in the US and it kill around 1.2 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    also people here are now making runs on the banks. my parents went to withdraw some money and the bank only had 2 100's left cause apparently people are coming in and withdrawing all their life savings like its 1929 again.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    And they actually took far more proactive steps than the US has. Current models estimate around 200 million people will be infected in the US and it kill around 1.2 million.
    From what I heard the 'more proactive' methods china took to controlling the spread was far from ethical, and might have killed more people as a result.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    also people here are now making runs on the banks. my parents went to withdraw some money and the bank only had 2 100's left cause apparently people are coming in and withdrawing all their life savings like its 1929 again.
    Oh good lord....banks collapsing would require the collapse of the us, like, we would have bigger worries then and the money would be useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh good lord....banks collapsing would require the collapse of the us, like, we would have bigger worries then and the money would be useless
    i honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not....

This would be less damaging if Chinese government didn't try to cover up and didn't arrest those who tried warn the world.
    Now they are blaming USA for the virus. Then why did you try to hide this and silenced people?
    Don't forget the words of old governor of Wuhan, If they acted faster and warned the world, there would be less deaths all over the world.
    Obviously they did fake the numbers too.

Now Muslim people of Turkey have returned from their religious visit in Saudi Arabia. The place is also visited by Iranian people.
    One of them who returned a week ago is Corona positive found out yesterday.
    There is 21000 people total returned. Most of them are old people.

Yesterday I went to a 24 hour supermarket, the lineup was ridiculous long still. Water completely sold out, only the most expensive ones left, lots of things sold out.

Parked my car inside there and I went to another one, but that one is smaller, has less amount variety of food.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not....
    It's not, the US banks aren't going to collapse, you don't need to take your money out of them. For the US banking system to collapse the gov't would have to collapse and then the US dollar won't be worth anything anyway because there will be no US lol.

I may have this wrong, because I only barely caught one word in five as I was heading out the door for work, but did the Dutch minister of health (or similar) say that they aren't imposing strict rules in the Netherlands like in Italy because it's essentially cleaner and people follow the rules here? Because I can tell you right away both of those things are bullshit. Please, someone else living here correct or corroborate me.

Also bear in mind that the Netherlands is apparently around 12th on the list of affected countries ranked by total cases per million pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I heard the 'more proactive' methods china took to controlling the spread was far from ethical, and might have killed more people as a result.
    Oh my, and imagine how many feels they did hurt in process

"The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK has reached 1,140, while 37,746 people have been tested."

Not great. Not terrible.

Seems like a lot of people have been tested though, considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    My brother is in Hong Kong, and he told me all his business meetings are like this with masks on.
    Hopefully not exactly like this, because there is an obvious problem in that picture.

Can you see it?

They still have beverages as if it was a normal meeting, which means that they will partially remove the face masks repeatedly and thus touch them with their hands (kind of hard to avoid when drinking).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, we knew this was going on, but here is the story of a profiteer: https://news.yahoo.com/17-700-bottle...155735689.html
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Now you have memes of ppl buying odd stuff, like toilet bowl plungers en masse. lol
    shopping carts with 10-20 plungers. *take that TP panic buyers!*
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2020-03-15 at 08:48 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.