Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    If you dont like how things are going, you can always move to Russia.
    Why would I downgrade? I want better and EU stands in the way of it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Not even remotely. The biggest state has barely half of Italy population.
    Cali has 40 million
    Italy is at 60 million.

More than half.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    What does better mean? it's not a plan or a vision getting rid of the EU alone would trigger an economic downfall for the Euro zone.

Theres nothing better in the world than the EU.

You should be grateful that we even did let you join after you ran away from Russia. Your country contributes exactly nothing to the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I wrote that it was likely that it had slowed down - based on all the measures taken the last few days. But due to the incubation periods we don't have the data yet.

The number of cases got out of control about a week ago and has since then been growing exponentially; about 10% per day - and that growth rate does not seem to be accelerating; meaning the peak is a couple of months away.
    You can't say it's growing exponentially and then say it's not accelerating. I don't think you understand what accelerating means.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What does better mean? it's not a plan or a vision getting rid of the EU alone would trigger an economic downfall for the Euro zone.
    European institutions don't die, they linger on forever. There's still an office for League of Nations in Switzerland. What are they doing, don't ask me.

But it hasn't seen any serious reform since 2008 and the world of 2008 and the world of 2020 have nothing in common. It can't decide what it wants to be, a political union or a trade zone. Well, it's doing both and badly. The German economy is a continental parasite, it's industrial surplus a pathology which could not exist if not for this economic exclusion zone it has created, suffocating the periphery with it's export and carefully calibrated currency which facilitates those exports. You will live to see German economy decline rapidly and you will live to see the entire continent bailing them out.

On the political front, it sees itself as a proprietor of some kind of narrowly-defined liberal ideas, blasting nation states for their internal policies yet when issues such as Nord-Stream 2 arise, it's just an economic Union in which the needs and wants of one member override existential worries of several countries.

I don't expect for any of this to land on receptive ears.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2020-03-19 at 01:08 PM.

European institutions don't die, they linger on forever. There's still an office for League of Nations in Switzerland. What are they doing, don't ask me.

But it hasn't seen any serious reform since 2008 and the world of 2008 and the world of 2020 have nothing in common. It can't decide what it wants to be, a political union or a trade-free zone. Well, it's doing both and badly. The German economy is a continental parasite, it's industrial surplus a pathology which could not exist if not for this economic exclusion zone it has created, suffocating the periphery with it's export and carefully calibrated currency. You will live to see German economy decline rapidly and you will live to see the entire continent bailing them out.

On the political front, it sees itself as a proprietor of some kind of narrowly-defined liberal ideas, blasting nation states for their internal policies yet when issues such as Nord-Stream 2 arise, it's just an economic Union in which the needs and wants of one member override existential worries of several countries.

I don't expect for any of this to land on receptive ears.
    I still don't see a plan or vision that describes "better".

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I still don't see a plan or vision that describes "better".
    I am not a President or Prime Minister or a neatly dressed bureaucrat. But I don't need to be one to see that there's something stinky and rotten and we should put it away. Some will say that reform ought to be sufficient but reforms in the current arrangement are impossible because the interests of nation states are so wildly divergent.

But it does not matter. It is going to happen anyway, this Batsoup virus will merely accelerate it. Nothing, absolutely nothing has been done to make the coming crisis less destructive. My heart aches for the vulnerable and especially the European south which has been in decline and/or stagnating for the last 2 decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m really starting to hate people more and more cause of this.... seriously, how ignorant and selfish can you be?

“The two people who tested positive visited several locations in Council Grove while symptomatic.”

https://www.ksnt.com/news/local-news...morris-county/
    You have assholes everywhere. There was this guy in Japan who got the virus and went on spreading it intentionally, hugging people and so on. He has died of it two days ago, so I guess divine karma, but not before he got dozen another sick.

I am not a President or Prime Minister or a neatly dressed bureaucrat. But I don't need to be one to see that there's something stinky and rotten and we should put it away. Some will say that reform ought to be sufficient but reforms in the current arrangement are impossible because the interests of nation states are so wildly divergent.

But it does not matter. It is going to happen anyway, this Batsoup virus will merely accelerate it. Nothing, absolutely nothing has been done to make the coming crisis less destructive. My heart aches for the vulnerable and especially the European south which has been in decline and/or stagnating for the last 2 decades.
    Okay I am not sure why I have to drag it out for you hypothetically you are granted powers that let you create the perfect EU what does it look like? all you have been doing is ranting, yelling DOOM and saying "better" so let's hear your vision.

5+ Year Old Account
    This this discussion is wildly off topic. If you want to discuss politics, go to the appropriate sub-forum.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

A warning for China from 2007.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176051/

"the presence of a large reservoir of sars-cov-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern china, is a time bomb."

Title should be Wuhan virus pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is weird news.

3 milion masks that existed or didnt exist were stolen or something:
    (use gogle translate)
    https://www.24ur.com/novice/slovenij...tnih-mask.html

I have a felling politicians are stealing money and faking it as being stolen.

400.000 masks for 250.000€ btw. 1.6€ per one is overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i can read in this thread is panic... Panic everywhere.

The only way to get out of this shit is keep calm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    A warning for China from 2007.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2176051/

"the presence of a large reservoir of sars-cov-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern china, is a time bomb."

Title should be Wuhan virus pandemic

No, the offcial name is Corona/Covid-19. So sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    China IS bad in this story.

It's the main bad, yes. And yes, Italy, US and dozen other countries had fuckups of its own, but it pales in magnitude to that one original fuckup that released this shit all over the world, just because some officials wanted to put a brave front and please their superiors, like in the best of Commie China traditions.
    Those officials better get the death sentence..otherwise China doesn't truly regret its guilt.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-19 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    uganda therefore has a claim to rename west nile?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    -snip-
    If you want to get infected that's the best thing you could do.

Congratulation, you on the way... Wrong.

EDIT:
    Also, FUCK THE HORDE, FOR THE ALLIANCE.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-19 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

uganda therefore has a claim to rename west nile?
    What are you even on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Those officials better get the death sentence..otherwise China doesn't truly regret its guilt.
    You're in luck, China loves killing people that makes them look bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Well...technically SARS-CoV2. CoViD-19 was an early name for the disease that I guess is now being used to distinguish the disease from the virus (which doesn't really make sense, because SARS is a description of the virus but anyway....)