Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    My classes went online and I want a refund. I didn’t pay to get stupid slides, I can get that on Wikipedia!
    One of my grad courses just said fuck it and handed out grades for the semester already if you were doing well.

Normally I would be upset, but the highschool I teach at was paying for the class, and the class was pretty terrible, so I'm pretty happy about it.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    "Fuck them, I've got mine." Always the go-to strategy of idiots.
    Except I worked for and earned mine. My hard work is being given to people who haven't worked. How is that fair? My prayers go out for people who are unemployed, this isn't directed at them. People already on welfare shouldn't be getting anything as we are already paying for them every month. The bill they proposed at first cut off people with no tax liability. Now the dems come in and say it's not fair to low income people. Why? They don't contribute, so why should they get anything from us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    People buying shit is coal for the furnace which is economy. They need money to do it. If their jobs have gone away or stopped paying them, they have no money. This is coal being added to the furnace so all of us can stay warm. Don't sacrifice yourself to the virus, that will get other people sick and send us careening down the path of authoritarianism that much more quickly.
    I get that and I'm okay with that, but why are poor people who don't work getting money? They're probably going to spend it on things they don't need hence why they have money issues to begin with.

just ignore the idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FitAsAFiddle View Post
    Except I worked for and earned mine. My hard work is being given to people who haven't worked. How is that fair? My prayers go out for people who are unemployed, this isn't directed at them. People already on welfare shouldn't be getting anything as we are already paying for them every month. The bill they proposed at first cut off people with no tax liability. Now the dems come in and say it's not fair to low income people. Why? They don't contribute, so why should they get anything from us?
    Stimulus spending is about getting consumers to spend more money.

The people you're demeaning are the baseline consumers of the economy. They're the engine that drives the whole thing. Without them, the economy grinds to a halt.

Just from a strictly economic perspective, your position is nonsensical, and that's ignoring the misanthropic wishing of death and suffering on what you see as an underclass. Which alone should be enough to relegate your viewpoint to the trashcan.

cut off people with no tax liability

why are poor people who don't work getting money?
    Yeah, we all already knew from your first post that you have no clue what you're talking about. You don't need to reinforce it.

Not making enough money to have to pay taxes doesn't mean you aren't working. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Stimulus spending is about getting consumers to spend more money.

The people you're demeaning are the baseline consumers of the economy. They're the engine that drives the whole thing. Without them, the economy grinds to a halt.

Just from a strictly economic perspective, your position is nonsensical, and that's ignoring the misanthropic wishing of death and suffering on what you see as an underclass. Which alone should be enough to relegate your viewpoint to the trashcan.
    I'm not wishing death and suffering, just some accountability. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there shouldn't be, that sets an awful precedent for any society. People who decide they don't want to work have no place in a capitalist society. America is the land of competition, not the land of handouts. I agree with the Lt. Governor where I live, we need to decide where our loyalties lie in this country. I'm a patriot and I will work to keep this economy afloat when this quarantine is finally done away with, but I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah, we all already knew from your first post that you have no clue what you're talking about. You don't need to reinforce it.

Not making enough money to have to pay taxes doesn't mean you aren't working. Obviously.
    Everyone has to pay income tax to work in this country. If you're not making enough money to pay your share, then you don't deserve my money. End of discussion.

I'm not wishing death and suffering, just some accountability. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there shouldn't be, that sets an awful precedent for any society. People who decide they don't want to work have no place in a capitalist society. America is the land of competition, not the land of handouts. I agree with the Lt. Governor where I live, we need to decide where our loyalties lie in this country. I'm a patriot and I will work to keep this economy afloat when this quarantine is finally done away with, but I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone has to pay income tax to work in this country. If you're not making enough money to pay your share, then you don't deserve my money. End of discussion.
    Well it's happening, you have no say, be angry all you want it won't do shit, fuck off.

Long time angry lurker who needs to vent

Looks like the US is going full sickle and hammer. Yeah let's just throw money at people. They're only means testing for people making over $75k, yet these welfare leeches who are still getting paid are getting more effortless money. Much rather sacrifice myself to the virus (I'm old as dirt) than let this country become Russia or China.
    Must be one of those Medicare Social Security leeches who failed to pay enough in the system to the point that Medicare must get 300 billion from the general fund non employment taxes and SS will be paying only 75% of its benefits soon.

btw those welfare leeches still pay taxes so they are paying for the bailout as much as you are.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.
    And the people who you laughably think "don't deserve" your money will die. Congratulations on wishing death on people.

Get lost.

You're really gonna be upset when you learn that millions of people who don't pay taxes get to enjoy the benefits of other taxpayer funded things like roads, fire & rescue, and the protection of the military.

Good you can start with farmers, go get them first!!

They have been getting free buffet for decades
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I'm not wishing death and suffering, just some accountability.
    I guess you forgot that over 75% of Workers are living paycheck to paycheck.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there shouldn't be, that sets an awful precedent for any society.
    Not true at all, Universal Healthcare worked very well in South Korea.

America is the land of competition, not the land of handouts.
    You must hate Public Roads.

I agree with the Lt. Governor where I live, we need to decide where our loyalties lie in this country. I'm a patriot and I will work to keep this economy afloat when this quarantine is finally done away with, but I will NOT give my hard earned money to people who don't deserve it.
    You're Loyal to Capitalism not the country.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    oh yes, it worked so well in italy.
    the moment the draft of the first decree was spreaded (by lombardia government), tons of people from lombardia escaped to south italy, basically dooming the half italy not touched by the virus
    Not to mention when China declared lock-out, 5 millions left Wuhan and Hubei, some to thr rest of China so contained, but many others to the West, some even flaunting having managed to hide symptoms and be able to enjoy nice things and party over here...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well it's happening, you have no say, be angry all you want it won't do shit, fuck off.
    We'll see about that. Hopefully this situation proves to the people of Texas that we don't need the U.S. and we can get the fuck out. You need us more than we need you.

This, right here, is precisely why everyone should just put you on ignore. Once again, you have NO fucking idea what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of us Texan peeps are ok. I swear we are! Pay no attention to our dumbass Lt. Gov, who even the Gov is going to ignore.

We'll see about that. Hopefully this situation proves to the people of Texas that we don't need the U.S. and we can get the fuck out. You need us more than we need you.
    You think Texas is gonna leave the US? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You think you are gonna leave the US? LOL
    Its a pipe dream of an extremely few extremists, bu thats about it. The rest of us rather like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Most of us Texan peeps are ok. I swear we are! Pay no attention to our dumbass Lt. Gov, who even the Gov is going to ignore.
    Texas is turning purple, especially as more tech folks move there from places like California, so people like that jackass will eventually be the minority in any case.

They would be paying income tax if it weren't working at jobs with artificially depressed wages. In the mean time they're still paying property tax, sales tax and payroll tax.