Quote Originally Posted by FitAsAFiddle View Post
    I get that and I'm okay with that, but why are poor people who don't work getting money? They're probably going to spend it on things they don't need hence why they have money issues to begin with.
    However you want to characterize the behavior, the fact is that when money enters poorer pockets it tends to leave more quickly (I'd argue due more to need than anything). That tendency is what we need to rely on right now, more people spending = more fuel for the furnace. If people are spending money on things they don't need, well those things are probably not selling so well right now, so it's good for those businesses, helps keep more people employed, which keeps more money in those people's pockets, keeps them spending, etc. It's a chain reaction which is much, much easier to keep going than to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Most of us Texan peeps are ok. I swear we are! Pay no attention to our dumbass Lt. Gov, who even the Gov is going to ignore.
    If you don't like it you can move to the U.S. proper. But don't count of Texas staying on this sinking ship, you speak for a minority of Texans. Most of us are ready to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it you can move to the U.S. proper. But don't count of Texas staying on this sinking ship, you speak for a minority of Texans. Most of us are ready to leave.
    Nah fam. We good. Even the governor disagrees with you. Lt governor dumbass cant do shit. Lt Governor dumbass almost caused Texas to lose a shit ton of business too, and had to have his ass saved by a proper conservative, Strauss.

You know what benefits the economy more? The money going straight to it rather than saving accounts. Know who tendsa to spend the money given to them? The poor and lower middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Texas is turning purple, especially as more tech folks move there from places like California, so people like that jackass will eventually be the minority in any case.
    We aren't extremists, we're realists. You think the world is a certain way because you're in your own think tanks. Things aren't like that in reality.

Its a pipe dream of an extremely few extremists, bu thats about it. The rest of us rather like it here.
    Oh I know, there are idiots all over the US who dream of succession, civil war, building island utopia's etc.

We aren't extremists, we're realists.
    You're not.

You think the world is a certain way because you're in your own think tanks. Things aren't like that in reality.
    Says the person who espouses Think Tank Right Wing Libertarian talking points.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-03-25 at 08:14 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

We aren't extremists, we're realists. You think the world is a certain way because you're in your own think tanks. Things aren't like that in reality.
    Buddy you have not made a great argument that you have a firm grip on reality. Your first post was to suggest you would "sacrifice yourself" to this virus to stop the country going full communist. Which isn't remotely close to what is happening. But that "sacrifice yourself" concept sounds a lot like you would deliberately get sick to get others sick as a political statement, which is a threat of terrorism.

Texas ain't going anywhere...
    If they did they'd be a 3rd world country overnight...and they'll go back to being "Tejas."

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to reject all federal money coming your way.

We'll see about that. Hopefully this situation proves to the people of Texas that we don't need the U.S. and we can get the fuck out. You need us more than we need you.
    LOL texas received 32.6% of their budget from the federal govt and that data is a few years old

Based on 2019 payments texas is receiving almost $500 per capita above what they pay in federal taxes back in funding.

Texas gets 61.29% of their Medicaid paid for by the feds. States like NY,CA,NJ,CT...get 50%.

This does not even include the billions of dollars the state benefits from federal oil subsidies and cheap leases from the gulf from the federal govt.
    This does not include the billions in federal farm subsidies...

Ya texas could go at it alone, but they would have to raise their state taxes by about 9x what it is today.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Annnnd back to Coronavirus stuff (I think many of us forgot which thread this was)…

One of the counties where my parents, grandmother and several other elderly family members live saw their cases go 20-24-31 the past few days so it looks like it's starting to escalate there as well. My mother has no choice about going to work since she's an essential in healthcare. My father can, thankfully, work from home--so long as he still has a job. He was let go from his previous job after having worked there 40+ years because they sold the company and didn't keep him on, so he finally found a job last year he's really happy at...and then this happens. *sigh*

Meanwhile, here the streets have FINALLY quieted down a bit after the idiot crowds of the past week, but of course that's far too late. I expect the Netherlands will see an explosion of new cases--if they're able to test them all--in the next week, week and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit surprised of this did not see it from that perspective, foreign press FT is praising Belgium for its approach.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgiu...iums-approach/

"the Belgian government shows that a fragmented country can still produce a clear, decisive response to a national crisis,” to which they added: “Here’s hoping it continues.”

Guess not being an elected government and with currently having no chance of being re-elected or up for re-election means people actually make choices in the interest of the nation rather than themselves.

Lol@the boomer raging in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    and today, my area had a spike of 78 cases, since testing is dramatically increasing. I could see the DFW area being a new problem area because of the damn airport.

New York is so fucked.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    and today, my area had a spike of 78 cases, since testing is dramatically increasing. I could see the DFW area being a new problem area because of the damn airport.
    I think we're going to be seeing a LOT of spikes over the next month because of Trump's initial and continual incompetence. WHO is saying if we don't reverse course and still with quarantine we'll be the global epicenter - and that's after India. And they are really, really fucked at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    New York is so fucked.
    It's going to get MUCH worse because as of right now, the hospitals are still functioning. When those organizationally shut down, and when healthcare workers start getting sick and not showing up to shifts, then it's going to get BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's going to get MUCH worse because as of right now, the hospitals are still functioning. When those organizationally shut down, and when healthcare workers start getting sick and not showing up to shifts, then it's going to get BAD.
    Just wait and see if the police are operational.

15+ Year Old Account
    The capital region of Finland, Uusimaa, will be quarantined from the rest of the country on Friday. All travel excluding essential work will be prohibited.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

330 new cases bringing the total 1865 and 3 new deaths bringing the total to 19 in Illinois. Most of the deaths have been outside Chicago's Cook county, and it has spread to 35 counties here which is about 1/3 of the state, with new counties being added every day. It is spreading everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    New York is so fucked.

Its near vertical man, if you how bad Madrid is its not looking to bright.

So many stories are coming in from people being idiots about this. The virus party in Kentucky. The beach. I am willing to be that if this virus was more deadly, people would Still be just as dumb about it. Heck, even some of my family is saying its nothing but the common cold. The sheer stupidity about this virus is baffling.

And they wonder why its spreading so far so fast. We have seen this from day 1 in china. People are NOT taking this thing serious and its killing others.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So many stories are coming in from people being idiots about this. The virus party in Kentucky. The beach. I am willing to be that if this virus was more deadly, people would Still be just as dumb about it. Heck, even some of my family is saying its nothing but the common cold. The sheer stupidity about this virus is baffling.

And they wonder why its spreading so far so fast. We have seen this from day 1 in china. People are NOT taking this thing serious and its killing others.
    Well I mean you have retards here pushing this "media stunt" line here too, it's as if people don't realize what the fuck is going on.