Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So many stories are coming in from people being idiots about this. The virus party in Kentucky. The beach. I am willing to be that if this virus was more deadly, people would Still be just as dumb about it. Heck, even some of my family is saying its nothing but the common cold. The sheer stupidity about this virus is baffling.

And they wonder why its spreading so far so fast. We have seen this from day 1 in china. People are NOT taking this thing serious and its killing others.
    Trevor Noah did a bit yesterday from his home and he was joking that if this was an actual zombie outbreak people would still not be taking this seriously, and Trump would still be considering ending social distancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FitAsAFiddle View Post
    We'll see about that. Hopefully this situation proves to the people of Texas that we don't need the U.S. and we can get the fuck out. You need us more than we need you.
    don't worry maybe mexico will take you. they need all the help they can get against the cartels.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Trevor Noah did a bit yesterday from his home and he was joking that if this was an actual zombie outbreak people would still not be taking this seriously, and Trump would still be considering ending social distancing.
    i was having a conversation with my hubby a few weeks back, before this shit really started taking off, about how i couldn't figure out how it was possible that a zombie infection could get as bad as say the walking dead series but now I understand full well how it would easily happen due to idiots in society and the complete ineptness of any governing bodies involved. Its really quite scary
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    But it won't be enforced in any way.
    Yeah, which is a joke. Why go through all this trouble if you aren't going to enforce it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    New York is so fucked.
    Not just New York i am afraid, New york is a high travel state, it is going to crop everywhere. Rural area's seem they might be a bit better protected for this but that all depends how serious precautions are taken and right now there is no clear direction or sense of urgency coming from the white house, even more rural state local politicians aren't 'buying it'.

So the few hospitals they got there are going to be swarmed, as from i read they struggle when just a regular flu season hits them.

Noticed that it seemed that this small change wasn't posted here earlier.

WHO now calls it physical distancing - not social distancing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOykECB5L8k

So many stories are coming in from people being idiots about this. The virus party in Kentucky. The beach. I am willing to be that if this virus was more deadly, people would Still be just as dumb about it. Heck, even some of my family is saying its nothing but the common cold. The sheer stupidity about this virus is baffling.

And they wonder why its spreading so far so fast. We have seen this from day 1 in china. People are NOT taking this thing serious and its killing others.
    It's called denial, at least a good part of it. It's one of the most basic and most important human self-defense mechanisms for mental health. "No chance this happens to me. I'm one in 7.7 billion, what are the odds?" Your brain lies to you every day, pushing all the horrible things that could happen to you every second of your life far far to the back of your consciousness. If you were constantly aware of all the things that could harm or kill you, you'd spend your life locked away in the basement, whimpering in fetal position.

People always prefer a comfortable lie to an inconvenient truth. That's just human nature. You can see examples of that every day. It's not exclusively people being idiots, although that surely contributes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

WHO now calls it physical distancing - not social distancing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOykECB5L8k
    While they are not wrong, i mean you can be "social" over social media and the internet in general, you don't have to become a complete recluse.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

It was an inadequate term to begin with. Social distance means nothing in a internet, smartphone connected world. Probably more confusing to generation Z than anything.

Speaking of which

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

And he's not the only one faith healers are defying the order all of the US claiming it's an attack on their religious liberty. They are also selling "cures" for the virus like silver, faith healing and "supplements". It wouldn't be so bad except millions of Americans believe and send money to these televangelists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not just New York i am afraid, New york is a high travel state, it is going to crop everywhere. Rural area's seem they might be a bit better protected for this but that all depends how serious precautions are taken and right now there is no clear direction or sense of urgency coming from the white house, even more rural state local politicians aren't 'buying it'.

So the few hospitals they got there are going to be swarmed, as from i read they struggle when just a regular flu season hits them.
    This virus is going to absolutely decimate rural areas and the south since they tend to have an much older population not to mention their leaders think the whole thing is a hoax.

White House briefing starting. Looks like the deal has been voted and passed.

Jesus christ the discrimination is unreal those days.

I have a Chinese background and whenever I go to a grocery store or ordering a pick up, there is always some motherfucker just stare at me straight in the face man. Probably because I am wearing a mask (sometimes I didn't cover my nose because I am wearing glasses and if I breath a lot, my glasses will be completely covered by fog and I can't see anything)

And I almost got engage in a fight at a local beer store today, this white dude in front of me waiting to purchase something, there is this lady taking forever to do something, so he goes to the other lane, and I go to the other lane, what is the fking problem he stares at me, I was also annoyed his ignorance for switching the lane. This motherfker wearing big puffed jacket think he is big and tough, after he bought the beers and he still stares at me wtf man, if he got a problem come at me.

Fucking losers those day man, sorry for this vent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Speaking of which

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

And he's not the only one faith healers are defying the order all of the US claiming it's an attack on their religious liberty. They are also selling "cures" for the virus like silver, faith healing and "supplements". It wouldn't be so bad except millions of Americans believe and send money to these televangelists.

- - - Updated - - -

This virus is going to absolutely decimate rural areas and the south since they tend to have an much older population not to mention their leaders think the whole thing is a hoax.
    The amount of people selling lies to "cure" this is absurd. We had a person posting that article about olive oil, something straight from the Quran, Christians are either selling faith healing or magical supplements, others are offering penance as apparently this is a curse from god for our way of living. On social media you have tons of con artists and people pushing their agenda about this, vegans, carnivores, keto advocates, all sorts of nutrition people, what has essentially become a religion for some offering bad advice.

How much of a shitstain of a person do you have to be benefit of others in this situation and this should be considered criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Speaking of which Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

Yeah, It's not just the uber religious...it's the elderly.
    I'm constantly surprised at how many are going about their routines as if all was normal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Jesus christ the discrimination is unreal those days.

I have a Chinese background and whenever I go to a grocery store or ordering a pick up, there is always some motherfucker just stare at me straight in the face man. Probably because I am wearing a mask (sometimes I didn't cover my nose because I am wearing glasses and if I breath a lot, my glasses will be completely covered by fog and I can't see anything)

And I almost got engage in a fight at a local beer store today, this white dude in front of me waiting to purchase something, there is this lady taking forever to do something, so he goes to the other lane, and I go to the other lane, what is the fking problem he stares at me, I was also annoyed his ignorance for switching the lane. This motherfker wearing big puffed jacket think he is big and tough, after he bought the beers and he still stares at me wtf man, if he got a problem come at me.

Fucking losers those day man, sorry for this vent.
    It’s understandable plenty of us on these forms know it’s frustrating being judged based on your looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post

Morgues will be full soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

‘I would rather die than kill the country’: The conservative chorus pushing Trump to end social distancing

Trump has spoken in recent days of lifting social distancing policies that have shut down nonessential businesses around the United States after a 15-day period ends to “have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

Behind him, a chorus of conservative thinkers, pundits and politicians have been sowing arguments to support a potential walk-back of the policies that public health experts say will slow the spread of coronavirus and limit the number of severe cases inundating hospitals.

At the heart of their campaign is a skepticism over the advice offered by experts and a willingness to accept a certain number of deaths to incur fewer economic costs.

Many also see in the mass shutdowns and shelter-in-place policies a plot to push the country to the left.

I just need to vent.

With the shops being closed, we decided to order a couple of things we need for home office via Amazon.

Who would have thought, nothing will arrive. Items usually available within 48 hours don't even have expected delivery dates on them. I'm talking HDMI cables, not toilet paper. The very moment people turn to online shopping for real, to substitute physical stores, the system collapses. I hope this nightmare is over soon. I need to currently manage 4 systems for which I used to have 5 screens around me, now I'm stuck with a single laptop screen.

Might sound mundane for some, but it's driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ‘I would rather die than kill the country’: The conservative chorus pushing Trump to end social distancing

Trump has spoken in recent days of lifting social distancing policies that have shut down nonessential businesses around the United States after a 15-day period ends to “have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

Behind him, a chorus of conservative thinkers, pundits and politicians have been sowing arguments to support a potential walk-back of the policies that public health experts say will slow the spread of coronavirus and limit the number of severe cases inundating hospitals.

At the heart of their campaign is a skepticism over the advice offered by experts and a willingness to accept a certain number of deaths to incur fewer economic costs.

Many also see in the mass shutdowns and shelter-in-place policies a plot to push the country to the left.
    Subtext: "I would rather kill my neighbors than kill my 401k"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I just need to vent.

With the shops being closed, we decided to order a couple of things we need for home office via Amazon.

Who would have thought, nothing will arrive. Items usually available within 48 hours don't even have expected delivery dates on them. I'm talking HDMI cables, not toilet paper. The very moment people turn to online shopping for real, to substitute physical stores, the system collapses. I hope this nightmare is over soon. I need to currently manage 4 systems for which I used to have 5 screens around me, now I'm stuck with a single laptop screen.

Might sound mundane for some, but it's driving me crazy.
    Try some smaller local retailer instead of amazon?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.