Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They arn't bs. You think the US is doing sooo many tests. I have come across more than a few on WoW who are sick right now, on self quarantine, but their states Refuse to test them because they don't have enough tests to do so. So they wont test them unless they exhibit a more severe case.
    Just to clarify:

It may not be lack of the tests themselves, but it could also be lack of masks etc for the ones carrying out the tests - and prioritizing using them where really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Cat got infected by their owner in Belgium, so guess pets aren't immune after all.

It is in dutch but there is not more to it. https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/03...blog-27-maart/
    AFAIK pets cannot get it in the traditional sense of having the virus in them, reproduce and become infectious, but they can carry the live virus in a phyiscal sense, same as any object, alive or not. So if the cat was stroked outside by someone with the virus and then came in and the owner stroked it, that could allow the virus to pass on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Wtf is happening outside. Suddenly this went all doomsday. Military vehicles, tanks, emergency vehicles driving sirens on.

O_O

Nothing on news.
    The military had to be brought in to make sure you Northerners maintain proper northern social decorum. Those 5 meters between people you like so much

15+ Year Old Account
    Nearly 800 died yesterday in Spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Boris Johnson has corona.
    Well he's got a fucking job to finish before he's allowed to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    PMQ's was otherday, alot of self isolation in the house.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    His odds of surviving it are over 90%, if he does not suffer from some other existing condition, such as COPD or a immune issue.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    His odds of surviving it are over 90%, if he does not suffer from some other existing condition, such as COPD or a immune issue.
    He's overweight and male so probably not 90% but yeah chances are he'll be fine

The thing I want people to remember as well at least in the US, even with all this rationing of tests only around 10% of the tested are actually coming up positive. If medical professionals feel that you are not at risk of getting severe symptoms they should not be testing you. If you feel you need a test its on you to let people who you have come in contact with that you are sick. There are only so many labs that these tests can be done at right now. I know people in the lab sector and they are swamped right now. They say the only other pool of testers they can pull from is the food processing sector and those people are testing for other things so we all don't get anything else. The testing field is also getting to its breaking point right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    His odds of survival are 99.9% because unlike some random gramps, he will have a dedicated team dancing around him specifically around the clock to make sure he makes it if it comes to this.

You're right but it can still be bad enough he won't be able to work even if it's not life threatening. Only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There's a big difference between "we can't test you yet because we don't have enough tests" and Sweden's approach of "don't bother ever coming in for a test, we aren't going to test you unless you get hospitalized"...

The US is actively trying to test as many people as it can, it just lacks tests. To give you some perspective, here are the numbers from the last week.

On March 19, there had been 100,000 tests done in the US total. ~11,000 were positive, ~89,000 were negative.

On March 26, the US was up to 580,000 tests done total. ~80,000 were positive, ~440,000 were negative, ~60,000 the results were still pending.
    I'll just leave this here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52019509

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    He's overweight and male so probably not 90% but yeah chances are he'll be fine
    Well, I am no doctor or expert on it, but it appears it is those with lung issues which are the most susceptible to it. I do not think being overweight has much to do with dying from it, unless you are obese and suffering from the issues it mostly attacks. And most are males? Have not heard that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    His odds of survival are 99.9% because unlike some random gramps, he will have a dedicated team dancing around him specifically around the clock to make sure he makes it if it comes to this.
    That's a good point.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    AFAIK pets cannot get it in the traditional sense of having the virus in them, reproduce and become infectious, but they can carry the live virus in a phyiscal sense, same as any object, alive or not. So if the cat was stroked outside by someone with the virus and then came in and the owner stroked it, that could allow the virus to pass on.
    Actually the cat has and it had the symptoms, but the cat was infected by the owner not the other way around. They are surprised by this as before only 2 dogs got infected in hong kong.

So it is not like them carrying as an object, but the can't infect us humans -yet-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You're right but it can still be bad enough he won't be able to work even if it's not life threatening. Only time will tell
    Depends on how bad it is. Some have only had some mild flu like reactions. Or no symptoms at all.

In the meantime, from Brazil our friend the mini-Trump:

“They never catch anything. You see some bloke jumping into the sewage, he gets out, has a dive, right? And nothing happens to him.”

Without offering any scientific evidence, Bolsonaro continued: “I think it’s even possible lots of people have already been infected in Brazil, a few weeks or months ago, and have already got the antibodies that help it not to proliferate”.

Facts do not support Bolsonaro’s insinuation that Brazilians are somehow immune to dangerous infections.
    On Thursday Brazil’s health ministry said that its coronavirus death toll had risen to 77, up from 46 on Tuesday. So far 2,915 cases have been confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're sending emergency flights to various countries to return citizens back to Israel.

2 days ago we have imported 60 coronavirus cases from US in a single flight this way and now it seems another emergency flight from Peru from 2 days ago had a lot coronavirus cases as well - many returned positive after test.

There are more flights scheduled to bring citizens back and there is expectation that many of them will test positive too.

Holy macaroni Boris Johnson just got tested positive for Corona

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Holy macaroni Boris Johnson just got tested positive for Corona
    Him and the health secretary

15+ Year Old Account
    Till Lindeman (singer of Rammstein) is in ICU in Berlin.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.