10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    They are effective to win time, but when you open restrictions again the virus will return.
    I wonder if the world will stay in lockdown for more then a year till a vaccine is made, ppl alrdy get crazy inside of my country let alone see their hole lifes getting destroyed.

If ppl understand that you need to stay apart 2 meters then you don’t need a lock down. It just sucks that a lot cant handle this rule.
    Please "if ppl understand" lulz. Don't be silly, people are people - if something is not outright forbidden and enforced - they will still do it and in case of Coronavirus - you don't even need a lot of those to begin with.

These lockdowns are in effect exactly because people did whatever the fuck they wanted - nobody slapped a lockdown outright, every government asked nicely to stay safe and reduce their outings as much as possible and you ended up with packed parks and beaches.

As a whole - these lockdowns are needed to catch up. Of course countries won't be staying locked for a year, it IS impossible, but a month or two to get up to speed with preparations and equipment for second wave? Yeah, can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

So please, stop talking out of your ass. Thank you.
    he is right, maybe you should follow your own advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormvind View Post
    There's a lot of people who really shouldn't be living in a society. If governments have to enact laws in response to peoples behaviour, I'd argue that those people behaving bad really have no place in a society. Like, if you have to be told to not congregate in large masses during this? How fucking retarded can people be allowed to be? Coughing into your hands? What the fuck. Not washing hands? Just disgusting.
    Don't go full commie on us, comrade.

People are people. Going on the beach when there is a recommendation to stay home might be stupid, but it's not a "excommunicate and shoot the scum" kind of offense there.

Quite frankly - laws exist for purpose, so that there won't be a window for "just use common sense 4head". What many governments including mine tried is giving a recommendation - an appeal to common sense, but it's not a law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Okay, I gave it a week and yeah I think Covid-19 will probably exceed 200k of swine flu's victims by the time it's over. But doomsaying and fearmongering doesn't help.
    Are you aware that we've reached a point when 1000 people are dying per day by this thing in 1st world countries and it's not at its peak yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dutch update for the last 24 hours:

Hospitalized: 2954 (+454)
    Died: 639 (+93)

Sadly they don't specify how many hospitalizations are on ICU.

- - - Updated - - -

Dutch ICU monitor reports a slight decrease in ICU hospitalizations.

I think this is a harsh wake up. Depending where you are and how well prepared the area is, this virus has death rate of about 0.5% - 10% (as far I can remember numbers). If this is enough to cause all these problems we are experiencing... what would have it been, if this virus had higher death rate?

I wonder, if anything will change afterwards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death rate isn't reliable at all.
    For instance: the country of Farawayistan only tests the deceased. They would have a Corona death rate of 100%

Over here, due to a giant shortage of tests, they only test people with severe symptoms and the medical personnel.

If you see people not practicing social distancing just call the damn cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current situation for Portugal.
    5170 confirmed cases
    32754 suspected cases
    19927 cases under authorities vigilange
    4938 waiting for lab tests
    902 new cases in the past 24h
    100 deaths
    24 deaths in the past 24h
    418 at hospital
    89 on ICU

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/ponto-d...l-em-portugal/
    https://covid19.min-saude.pt/wp-cont...03/i026084.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I think this is a harsh wake up. Depending where you are and how well prepared the area is, this virus has death rate of about 0.5% - 10% (as far I can remember numbers). If this is enough to cause all these problems we are experiencing... what would have it been, if this virus had higher death rate?

I wonder, if anything will change afterwards?
    Every politician will yell about health care during next elections in their country. Thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200328...ers-49673.html

This article is about there being massive queues filled with hundreds, if not thousands of people lining up outside of funeral parlors in Wuhan to collect the ashes of their cremated dead relatives every day... They estimate upwards of 45,000 urns for the ashes of the dead were delivered; and this is just for the seven funeral parlors in Wuhan.

The Chinese government had police officers on site monitoring the queues to keep people from taking pictures/filming, though some pictures/video got out and they are now scrubbing them from Chinese social media.

The article was written by a Chinese human rights activist who escaped China and was granted asylum in the US, so its probably biased and not completely accurate, but the photos are real and the Chinese government is trying to keep this on the down low, so it lends at least some credence to the author's claims.

(I linked the archive.org snapshot because the actual site was overloaded and didn't work when I tried to visit it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Every politician will yell about health care during next elections in their country. Thats it.
    Honestly, if something good will come out of this is that Healthcare expenditures will be boosted significantly.

There's a joke locally that Health Ministry positions are akin to political exile, where they put some moron as a head just to give his party a minister job in coalition. A ministry that is on the chopping block every time they need to plug in some hole elsewhere.

Hope this will change things, maybe we will even get a Minister of Health that has qualification (or a degree at all, for that matter)... oh who am I kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Today, i went out to buy the daily newspaper. When i arrived, there was a line, a couple minutes later a police car arrived, they police station buys the daily newspaper on same place i do, so instead of getting to the line, the police officer went directily to the shop, got the newpaer and went out in just a few second. He didn't follow any social distancy rules.
    Question, what if that mother fucker was infected? I think there is a lot of bad examples from the authorities at this moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Honestly, if something good will come out of this is that Healthcare expenditures will be boosted significantly.

There's a joke locally that Health Ministry positions are akin to political exile, where they put some moron as a head just to give his party a minister job in coalition. A ministry that is on the chopping block every time they need to plug in some hole elsewhere.

Hope this will change things, maybe we will even get a Minister of Health that has qualification (or a degree at all, for that matter)... oh who am I kidding.
    We dodged one hell of a bullet with out last government, if they weren't removed last summer and would still be the running coalition I'd tell you this would be a hell of a lot worse than it currently already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    We dodged one hell of a bullet with out last government, if they weren't removed last summer and would still be the running coalition I'd tell you this would be a hell of a lot worse than it currently already is.
    Oh our Minister of Health is so fucking useless, that it is almost a joke. We had hundreds of doctors release a signed open letter how he is not fit for the job and he really isn't. How the fuck can someone put a religious nut who did not even finish full 12 years in school, let alone get any degree in anything to be a Minister of Health.

This is absurd.

But that's how it is with parliamentary democracy, where you need to give minister positions to coalition members and fuck qualifications. The guy is not qualified to be a frikkin' Minister of Barristas and Morning Coffee making, but just because he's a leader of a party with 8 seats out of 120 he gets this job.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-03-28 at 02:11 PM.

Oh our Minister of Health is so fucking useless, that it is almost a joke. We had hundreds of doctors release a signed open letter how he is not fit for the job and he really isn't. How the fuck can someone put a religious nut who did not even finish full 12 years in school, let alone get any degree in anything to be a Minister of Health.

This is absurd.

But that's how it is with parliamentary democracy, where you need to give minister positions to coalition members and fuck qualifications.
    *shrug

Could be worse the person in charge of our pandemic response our vice president doesn't believe in science only that god speaks to him when making decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    you dont have to do this if you and the other person dont have it
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    *shrug

Could be worse the person in charge of our pandemic response our vice president doesn't believe in science only that god speaks to him when making decisions.
    kekw, here's one meme we have running here - the translation:

Minster of Health: "I'm sure messiah will come until Easter and will lead us out of this, just as god has led us out of Egypt. The messiah will come and save us from all the troubles in the world."

The guy literally said that during one of the addresses to the nation. Yeahhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Yeah and at that point you have already people with immunity (may just be a low number, but who knows), build more equipment, have maybe found a drug that works, etc etc

For example that test in Britain that tests for antibodies. If that is available in huge numbers in May or June, you could test hospital stuff and helpers for immunity and that alone would help ALOT.
    That would also mean that there could be much more people who's already inmune to the virus. And they could go to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Healthcare and science funding will be boosted massively, i hope
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

kekw, here's one meme we have running here - the translation:

Minster of Health: "I'm sure messiah will come until Easter and will lead us out of this, just as god has led us out of Egypt. The messiah will come and save us from all the troubles in the world."

The guy literally said that during one of the addresses to the nation. Yeahhhhhh.
    The stranger the hat a person wears the more important he has to be, yes? Why would a person wear a strange hat otherwise? Is this thinking correct?