10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What the hell was that?
    WHO is well known to suck China's dick.

Every mention of Taiwan makes them shake in terror of China withdrawing support to their sham organization. I'm surprised you are so surprised.

They are as much complicit as China is in this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Here's the slightly longer clip. I think the latter part is equally damning.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    WHO is well known to suck China's dick.

Every mention of Taiwan makes them shake in terror of China withdrawing support to their sham organization. I'm surprised you are so surprised.

They are as much complicit as China is in this crap.
    No, I didn't know. Never heard anyone mention anything like that about WHO. But it does make sense. What company or organization operating in China isn't bending over backwards?

But I was mainly surprised at how he went with it. He might have just as well have said he was going into a tunnel, it was that obvious. Wouldn't it have been better to simply say that he can't comment on it, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Agreed, a few cases in the UK of this, someone actually went and stabbed the tires of ambulances. Self isolation in a cell for a few years. I don't want to come off as some right wing tough on crime type, normally I am not, but these aren't normal times, and I know people react differently to stress, but these (thankfully few) cases need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
    Self isolation? They should be facing a firing squad
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So many different ways one could give a diplomatic answer to this without coming across as being unable or unwilling to reply. This makes you simply look at best incapable of being in a top position or unable to answer due to being influenced by China at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Self isolation? They should be facing a firing squad
    Apply the North Korean solution to these people lol.

I am joking, joking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Apply the North Korean solution to these people lol.

I am joking, joking!
    Hey at least he didn't suggest execution with anti-air guns!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Statistically, Vatican City has the highest rate of infection per million citizens in the world! (With 6 cases)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yeah that's even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Bad for a number of reasons. The first is obvious, but secondary is the fact that Trump and other leaders will use this as an excuse for their poor response to the current crisis.

In Canada they warned people that recently traveled back from their home country need to stay home to do 14 days self isolation.

And today while I was at a bank, I saw this person carry like 3 luggage still standing there, I assume she just came back from her home country, she really need to not go outside. Why she can't just get a Uber ride to take all her luggage and bring her back home asap? People refuse to listen man.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Bad for a number of reasons. The first is obvious, but secondary is the fact that Trump and other leaders will use this as an excuse for their poor response to the current crisis.
    WHO has worked with leaders of other 3rd world countries and often flatter them to make them kinder to WHO so I doubt that:
    https://twitter.com/DrTedros/status/1126828875479040000

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Trump and other leaders will use this as an excuse for their poor response to the current crisis.
    What is the right response? i think alot of ppl think they know all the solutions in a crisis like this like its an easy choice.
    Today in my country they found a whole family dead in their house, so lock down is also claiming deaths.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-03-28 at 10:54 PM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/n...virus-ems.html

"On Thursday, dispatchers took more than 7,000 calls — a volume not seen since the Sept. 11 attacks. The record for amount of calls in a day was broken three times in the last week."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    What is the right response? i think alot of ppl think they know all the solutions in a crisis like this like its an easy choice.
    Today in my country they found a whole family dead in their house, so lock down is also claiming deaths.
    Lockdown does not mean do not get medical help, nowhere is this asked during a lockdown. It is even stressed that if you are seriously ill to still get help, corona related or not.

Don't know why you are so desperate to make the lock down seen as the worst solution in any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Natural selection in its finest. Harsh, but true. If people are not feeling well - they have the number to contact and request help.

That situation is basically a case of not having a lick of sense OR some absolutely ridiculous, extraordinary case where they could not do the basic action demanded by common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty
    And today while I was at a bank, I saw this person carry like 3 luggage still standing there, I assume she just came back from her home country
    Don't be this person ...

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty
    Jesus christ the discrimination is unreal those days.

I have a Chinese background and whenever I go to a grocery store or ordering a pick up, there is always some motherfucker just stare at me straight in the face man.
    OK, FFS, we have people out there licking toilet seats and things on shelves, as well as deliberately coughing on products and people. I've given up even trying to hope for sane behavior; however, there is the off chance that this person was not in fact coming from her home country (which, by itself, implies you judged by looks and possibly ethnicity). She might have been traveling within the country, or even leaving the country.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    In grim news, the US has passed 2000 deaths to COVID-19. It took us one month to reach 1000 deaths but only two-three days after that to hit two thousand. This is about to get extremely bad, folks. Stay safe and avoid making unnecessary trips. Wash your hands frequently, maintain your social distancing, disinfect surfaces you touch frequently in your house daily, etc.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I just wanna say real quick thanks to the people who responded to me encouragingly. I didn't respond but I appreciate it. I don't know if I got it or not. All last week my lungs felt scratchy. I wake up and cough a bit but it never lasts through the day. I had this very mild flu-like feeling but it's basically gone away, as well as the raspy feeling in my breathing. If I did get it, it was extremely mild for me. I'm cautious assuming I did in the event I end up being wrong and then actually getting it. My wife also never had any serious symptoms. She's back at work doing the nurse thing today.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The US is close to a quarter of the worlds active COVID-19 cases and it's gaining close to 30% of the new cases per day. Kind of staggering really.