Well, I've just been tested positive, twice. The upside is, I get 3 weeks of paid leave. The downside is, no chance to see my family for 21 days. 21 days of isolation, here we go.

And I might have had a drink to many. Fuck this virus. And, @Gaidax, fuck China. I was way to laid back a few days back in my response, and you were right. God damn criminal what they did. They're not going to pay for it but they sure as hell should.

God, I hate feeling this helpless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Jesus Christ. 1 out of every 3 persons who died of Corona is Italian.
    don't worry the usa is coming to steal italy's thunder.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The US is close to a quarter of the worlds active COVID-19 cases and it's gaining close to 30% of the new cases per day. Kind of staggering really.
    Keep in mind that the US has been ramping up tests at a staggering rate. I know, 'you've had these infected all along' isn't a consolidation, just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Here's some more of retardation in news:

About several days ago some religious morons arranged a wedding with way more than 10 participants allowed - about a hundred and a bit. Today we found out one of the guest participants had Coronavirus and he went there despite already having orders to self-isolate.

Good times.
    You've got some nice deserts in your part of the world. Maybe they should self-isolate these idiots in the middle of one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker
    Well, I've just been tested positive, twice.
    Well, hells. Good luck!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, I've just been tested positive, twice. The upside is, I get 3 weeks of paid leave. The downside is, no chance to see my family for 21 days. 21 days of isolation, here we go.

And I might have had a drink to many. Fuck this virus. And, @Gaidax, fuck China. I was way to laid back a few days back in my response, and you were right. God damn criminal what they did. They're not going to pay for it but they sure as hell should.

Hopefully you recover fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, good luck and hang in there.

We're all going to be stuck with this shit for months and maybe it's for the best you got it now, while the system is working as opposed to 2 months down the road where we don't even know what will it be.

I'm pretty convinced that in the end most of us will have it, I just hope it won't be Italy here and the governments will somehow manage to pace it without healthcare system collapse.

Wow. I've never seen a german speak such pure Hochdeutsch. I couldn't pinpoint where this was if my life depended on it!

(Hochdeutsch is basically what is Oxford English for English speakers, a 'sterile' no-dialect version of the language.)

Also, I want one of those cakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Self isolation? They should be facing a firing squad
    i agree they should.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Oh fuck. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you come back OK. And yeah, The CCP Needs to pay for this.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Good luck both to you and your family. Have they also been tested since they've presumably been in contact with you the past couple weeks? I'm dreading the day when I start getting symptoms purely because it will have meant I've exposed my wife to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Jesus Christ. 1 out of every 3 persons who died of Corona is Italian.
    Reported cases. I don't want to sound dismissive, but many third world countries, vast parts of Africa don't even have the capacity to test.

Italy has been hit hard because they banked to hard on treating early on. Their health care has been well-equpipped o treat day-by-day mnaladies, but not well equipped for an ICU-heacy health care crisis. Italy will learn and come out of this stronger.

Well, good luck and hang in there.

We're all going to be stuck with this shit for months and maybe it's for the best you got it now, while the system is working as opposed to 2 months down the road where we don't even know what will it be.

I'm pretty convinced that in the end most of us will have it, I just hope it won't be Italy here.
    I'm not really worried, but thanks. While I'm in my 40es, I've taken good care of myself. I'm at least 5 days away of developing symptoms, and my odds are extremely good. I've prepared for it in regards of supplies, I have some caring colleagues at the hospital who will keep checking in, I've stashed supplies, the family is safe with the inlaws, so, 'bring it on, Covid-19.'

Israel will be fine. You guys are doing incredibly well. I have nothing but respect for your applied sciences. It's not by chance that 1/4 of all Nobel prizes went to Jewish researchers. Hang in there.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2020-03-28 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    How the fuck are you going to keep everyone at home?

Lol, maybe you should look at your own place before having opinions on how other countries deal with it.
    You don't need to keep everyone at home. You just need to enforce police curfew and everyone caught braking it gets fined. In my country it's 4x average salary and 3 years in prison if you leave isolation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you come back OK. And yeah, The CCP Needs to pay for this.
    and how do you expect to make them pay?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and how do you expect to make them pay?
    For once, do what skroe ranted a few years back, and get manufacturing out of china ASAP. Isolate them on the world stage, Force them to accept the right to exist of Hong Kong and Taiwan.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping that you have an extremely uneventful three weeks and recover with no ill effects.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Good luck both to you and your family. Have they also been tested since they've presumably been in contact with you the past couple weeks? I'm dreading the day when I start getting symptoms purely because it will have meant I've exposed my wife to it.
    I'm a surgeon. I've sent my kids and wife of to live with her parents in a rural region of Germany almost 4 weeks back by now, seeing how exposed and likely to get this I was. I've only had contact to colleagues and friends the past weeks, and I've been testing myself regularly every few days. Like all medical staff I'm rather exposed, and I like to err on the side of caution.
    I'm almost 100% certain where I got it. I had to operate on a patient who was tested positive, with obstructions in the lungs, probably a result of smoking. No hard feelings, the risk comes with the profession. But thanks for your kind words.

For once, do what skroe ranted a few years back, and get manufacturing out of china ASAP. Isolate them on the world stage, Force them to accept the right to exist of Hong Kong and Taiwan.
    But viruses are still going to spread. Sure, they handled it in a shitty way. But the rest of the world was always going to get it, even if China handled it with absolute perfection. Novel viruses suck. We could have known more faster, but the rest of the world handled this in a god awful way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Here's hoping that you have an extremely uneventful three weeks and recover with no ill effects.
    Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Hopefully you recover fast!
    Thank you both =)

Best of luck. And wishing you to be asymptomatic. I, coincidentally(?), had a very nasty cough from mid february to mid march, and wish that to no one (could not get tested).

And f*ck China indeed. Thousands of our people were mobilized by the army, my brother among them in a hospital battalion, and they'll be working 18/7 for at least 3 months without any chances to see their families...

It wouldn't surprise me if their real numbers are 10 time the officials...

On another note, they gave us today a partial explanation to the relatively high number of death in our country : a lot of the very elderly typically ask not to be reanimated if they were to suffer from a crippling illness. A little cultural peculiarity of ours perhaps, since we have legal medically assisted suicide here, doubled down by a growing social pressure on the very elderly to leave without too much fuss, given the typical enormous costs of a highly medicalized or cared end of life... such a charming world.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"