Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    I want to correct you on one thing, you are correct about China, and they are 100% fucking guaranteed to be hiding numbers right now, there are various statistics on things that shows China is straight up lying about their current numbers.

But all of this was with the help of WHO, who have been jumping and barking at their commands.

https://twitter.com/UyghurInfo/statu...43213647151106
    https://twitter.com/wilfredchan/stat...87606569590784

Fuck this "blaming china is racism" bullshit narrative that is going the rounds, fuck china, they deserve to be put on the spotlight for this shitstorm, and so does WHO along with them.

Except, you know, the rest of the world had the coronavirus before China even knew it was a real problem. It wasn't discovered by anyone until around December, but they think it originaged in November. Here in the US, our first confirmed a case was on January 20th, but the CDC has findings to suggest it was here at least 8 weeks earlier. That means we probably already had it by the time China knew what it was.

So let's assume China, some time in December, immediately recognized what they had, immediately went full lockdown and told everyone "YO WE HAVE A CODE RED, SATAN IS ON THE LOOSE."

What would that change about a virus already in at least 21 other countries? Probably already in at least 50, but we only can guess based on the date of their confirmed cases and findings. We know of a case where a guy returned from Spain in the beginning of February and found out he had coronavirus - that means he got it in mid-end January, which means Spain probably also had it since December.

Would it maybe spread slower if we had less international travel sooner? Probably true, but that wouldn't change that most countries didn't start going into lockdown until 60 days after we already knew COVID19 was worse than SARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    I want to correct you on one thing, you are correct about China, and they are 100% fucking guaranteed to be hiding numbers right now, there are various statistics on things that shows China is straight up lying about their current numbers.

But all of this was with the help of WHO, who have been jumping and barking at their commands.

https://twitter.com/UyghurInfo/statu...43213647151106
    https://twitter.com/wilfredchan/stat...87606569590784

Fuck this "blaming china is racism" bullshit narrative that is going the rounds, fuck china, they deserve to be put on the spotlight for this shitstorm, and so does WHO along with them.

Nah because its a distraction instead of criticizing the current administration your going on about china. We can't control China but we can control what happens in house.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Nah because its a distraction instead of criticizing the current administration your going on about china. We can't control China but we can control what happens in house.
    You can, 100%, do both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    No evidence has been found that it is natural...
    Which is exactly opposite of what the paper says:
    Our analyses clearly show that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus.
    They also give reasons for supporting that analysis (which I don't fully understand), and based on the normal reading of scientific papers (that part I understand) they are fully convinced that everything evolved naturally either in other animals or in humans - but just add the normal bit of hedging as is usual in scientific papers.

I'm questioning if anyone reads what they post
    You surely lead by example.

10+ Year Old Account
    No evidence has been found that it is natural... I'm questioning if anyone reads what they post or if they think a article full of theories is evidence now...
    Yes i read the journal report something you requested. You are free to provide counter claims with how this was man made. Obviously as you wanted something that was scientific and reviewed i will require the same.

Or you could simply admit that you didn't read what i linked you because it is for someone of your capacity not easy digested.

The article in question speaks over the origin of said virus mutation, so proof to me that you can read

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

Which is exactly opposite of what the paper says:

They also give reasons for supporting that analysis (which I don't fully understand), and based on the normal reading of scientific papers (that part I understand) they are fully convinced that everything evolved naturally either in other animals or in humans - but just add the normal bit of hedging as is usual in scientific papers.

You surely lead by example.
    Well maybe now that someone has pre-chewed the article and hurled it in his mouth it is more easily for him to swallow the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We're not going to have one because Donny Smallhands wants to keep his precious Wall Street going while blue states suffer for not bowing and scraping to him.

But he'll be quick to get supplies and money to the red states . . .
    Can this be held against him i wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Except, you know, the rest of the world had the coronavirus before China even knew it was a real problem. It wasn't discovered by anyone until around December, but they think it originaged in November. Here in the US, our first confirmed a case was on January 20th, but the CDC has findings to suggest it was here at least 8 weeks earlier. That means we probably already had it by the time China knew what it was.

So let's assume China, some time in December, immediately recognized what they had, immediately went full lockdown and told everyone "YO WE HAVE A CODE RED, SATAN IS ON THE LOOSE."

What would that change about a virus already in at least 21 other countries? Probably already in at least 50, but we only can guess based on the date of their confirmed cases and findings. We know of a case where a guy returned from Spain in the beginning of February and found out he had coronavirus - that means he got it in mid-end January, which means Spain probably also had it since December.

Would it maybe spread slower if we had less international travel sooner? Probably true, but that wouldn't change that most countries didn't start going into lockdown until 60 days after we already knew COVID19 was worse than SARS.
    7 million people left Wuhan in january, after the chinese government knew about human to human transmission of the virus, and they suppressed it, but do go on about about how china is so pure and innocent, tankie.

Again, suppressed it with WHO's help.
    https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1217043229427761152
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2020-03-29 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    But we wouldn't have.
    That's the whole goddamn point here.

Are people really so naive as to think that if China told us in December
    "Boys, we've go a bug here... nasty... prepare, it's coming your way!"
    we'd believed them? That we had acted on that information straight away?

Hell, Italy was basically going under and we (Germany) still carried on as usual. My boss (school principal) said "It's insane, these morons (government) think we're immune just because we're German.". It took another WEEK after that until they closed the schools (Mar 16) and ANOTHER WEEK after that until they decided to really lock down (Mar 23) because "muh economy". Yet if you go out, you still have tons of idiots going about their lives as if nothing was the matter, enjoying the sunshine and their free time.

And then you have "Team America"... reading about them is like watching a caricature movie atm. Insane.

Yes China is to blame for suppressing the information. Absolutely, silencing scientific personnel and obfuscating evidence is a crime and sth. should come out of that behavior as a consequence.
    China is not to blame for our incompetence though.
    Maybe we would have, maybe we would not. There's ground to believe we wouldn't as we did not react well to the last outbreaks of SARS family members in the past and did very little to prepare ourselves for future ones, while some scientists in the field claim that with more investment a blocker of sorts that would slow down the virus would have been made available to us before this variant hit us.

Don't misunderstand me i am not here to shift other governments short comings back on China. That would do nothing for us in the future when it comes to another outbreak and they will come as we were warned multiple times before, it has just been our luck it that took this long for something to spread globally.

But i do find it important that all actors in this crisis, including the CCP is dealt with accordingly on an international stage or else we will see another repeat of this. Also the WHO structure and key figures have to come under review, if they can be that easily influenced. CCP can't be trusted that's a conclusion we must learn from this and so we need to start reviewing ever key global role they hold and internationally reduce their global influence on those roles.

10+ Year Old Account

Technically speaking, knowledge of the virus dates back to 07 https://cmr.asm.org/content/20/4/660

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    That is not even the worst part, pulling this bullshit will lead to less trust in the WHO... which is not exactly a good thing during this time.

Not calling it the china virus is a bad thing? I mean, really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You can, 100%, do both.
    No, its an American imperial fantasy to think they can control China.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Technically speaking, knowledge of the virus dates back to 07 https://cmr.asm.org/content/20/4/660
    Technically not, as that is about Sars-Cov (and some other coronaviruses) and Sars-Cov-2 didn't exist back then.

If you want to include all coronaviruses they were discovered in 1960 and the origin at 10,000 or 55 million years ago. (A bit of difference in opinion.)

10+ Year Old Account

Looks like much more people find their resort in blaming china for their own incompetence and inability to control the situation than one could rationally expect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    So this supports my hipothesis, that the CCP virus has the IFR of influenza, but the R0 of mumps?
    i find it strange you claim to dislike trump yet you speak just like him calling it the ccp virus.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    That is not even the worst part, pulling this bullshit will lead to less trust in the WHO... which is not exactly a good thing during this time.

- - - Updated - - -

You still dream your beloved CCP won't be held accountable by the entire world after the dust settles ?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i find it strange you claim to dislike trump yet you speak just like him calling it the ccp virus.
    Calling it CCP virus =/= Liking what trump said. I'm calling it like that to specifically place the blame to the CCP for hiding information and locking up whistleblowers.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You still dream your beloved CCP won't be held accountable by the entire world after the dust settles ?
    Your just as bad at bullshitting as Trump is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Was speaking along the lines of blame but don't let that stop your usual hate boner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Uuh what exactly is "the world" going to do about it?
    Economic sanctioning would only hurt ourselves, we are far too reliant on chinese production to make that work.

No, NOTHING will happen to China or any other government for that matter.
    The worst case: some dudes won't get elected next time their term is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    He called it the China / Chinese virus, this problematic and resorts into racism and abuse towards Asians. Him calling it the CCP virus would be a better move as that would lay blame to the party, he does not do that because he needs Xi ping to be his ally for his own business endeavours, better yet he called him a great man during all this.

There is nothing wrong with appointing a political party name to a virus that was intentionally being covered up by them, after all they gave it so much attention it is only fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    He called it the China / Chinese virus, this problematic and resorts into racism and abuse towards Asians.
    Spanish flu -- not a racism
    Japanese Encephalitis -- not a racism
    Guinea worm -- not a racism
    African swine fever virus -- not a racism

Chinese virus -- racism.

Sometimes I just wonder how this sums up in their heads

10+ Year Old Account
    Current situation in Portugal:
    38042 suspected cases
    17785 under authorities vigilance
    5508 waiting for lab result
    5962 confirmed cases
    792 new cases in the last 24h (minus 110 then yeasterday)
    119 deaths
    19 deaths in the past 24h
    43 recoveries
    486 at hospital
    138 on ICU

Today we had bad news, according to the press conference, its suposed us to reach the peak only at the end of May.