10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Infection rates seems to be slowing down already, looking at yesterday's numbers compared to today's. Almost 10k new cases less.
    at 141k cases already v.s. 125k yesterday no they aren't slowing down.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I find it entertaining.

I also find it puzzling how American people accept this kind of shit. The whole circus and Trump's communication in general (not only considering coronavirus, but everything throughout the years).
    It's called the bubble effect i believe, social media like Facebook/Youtube plays a role in this as its algorithm finds similar interests you like and starts hiding things you don't. You can try this, setup a fake account and start liking just one or two political extremists, right wing is far worse in this and has a whole lot more speakers, but it does not have to be political because the system does it for everything, let's say nutrition pick vegan or even keto and the algorithm starts to find more about that.

Eventually you'll get ONLY that kind with no other views, so you don't get challenged any more. Now i haven't even factored in fake news (good documentary on about how Cambridge analytica used this), the methods actually used by those spreading fake news do it based on your psychological profile, as well most of your information is available online and we have gotten smart enough to determine what kind of person you are, because before all this you could get all that information of facebook.
    Scary stuff? Well yes because this is at core psychological warfare tactics.

So you have to understand those people don't know any better and this many years in this "presidency" who also questioned every other source but a select few.

And that's how you get the end product, the USA is also a big nation and very diverse, we can't compare the average education level to that of western Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    at 141k cases already v.s. 125k yesterday no they aren't slowing down.
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

66k new cases yesterday compared to 57k right now. And reset is coming soon

10+ Year Old Account

i'm referring to the u.s. cases. they are going steady.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Was 19k yesterday compared to 17k today

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    To be fair, Russia is famous to have low life expectancy. It is around 60.
    Is it?
    Allright.

By 2018, Moscow life expectancy had reached 78.2. Considering the 0.8 jump on an average across the country for the first half of this year, Moscow might have reached 79 by now, but such figures have not yet been released. Moscow males scored 74.3 and women 81.8.

15+ Year Old Account

It's also Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was 19k yesterday compared to 17k today
    we have 5.5 hours you really don't think it's gonna hit 2k?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Dead and permanently debilitated people do not make for good economics. Short term it'll tank, hell it is already, long term it'll better rebound with a healthier population.
    A healthier population with 20-30% less lung capacity

we have 5.5 hours you really don't think it's gonna hit 2k?
    The site itself resets in 30 mins' time. It is within a 24 hour period in which they calculate the cases before reset
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-29 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So them keepig it unde rthe blanket, letting their people deliberatly spread it to other countrys and them lying shouldn´t be punushable?
    A few things, here:

A) There was no "deliberate spreading" of it to other countries...

...and B) Punish them how? And who is "them"? "Punish" is a fairly ridiculous word to use in relation to a country's government. "Punishing" the Chinese government would probably entail means that would be far more likely to punish Chinese citizens rather than their overlords. And in the case of the inevitable homeland backlash, Chinese Americans would likely face the brunt of the sentiment that more rightly should be directed at the CCP.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

*sigh* Sister had to get tested. She came in contact with a patient who later tested positive, so now she's quarantined at home pending the results of the test, which they said would take "between 4-5 business days". Excuse me? What the fuck do "business days" have to do with testing that should be continuing 24/7? Fuck this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I also find it puzzling how American people accept this kind of shit.
    Who says we accept it? The majority of us don't accept it, but are powerless to do anything about it until November drags its way back around again.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *sigh* Sister had to get tested. She came in contact with a patient who later tested positive, so now she's quarantined at home pending the results of the test, which they said would take "between 4-5 business days". Excuse me? What the fuck do "business days" have to do with testing that should be continuing 24/7? Fuck this shit.
    corporations are people too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    "Punishing" the Chinese government would probably entail means that would be far more likely to punish Chinese citizens rather than their overlords.
    Not like it stopped the US times and times before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Testers are working around the clock, literally carrying on off the importance of their task alone. The testers are doing the best with what they have. Governments could have done a better job of opening up testing though.

Best of luck to your sister.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Not like it stopped the US times and times before.
    Are you suggesting that the US should punish the Chinese citizens in lieu of their government?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Have we been in two weeks since the the lockdowns have become widespread? I've lost track of time following this thing.

An important number is the rate of infections two weeks after the shutdown.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Are you suggesting that the US should punish the Chinese citizens in lieu of their government?
    No reason to strawman.
    I made an observation.

7+ Year Old Account
    A few things, here:

A) There was no "deliberate spreading" of it to other countries...

...and B) Punish them how? And who is "them"? "Punish" is a fairly ridiculous word to use in relation to a country's government. "Punishing" the Chinese government would probably entail means that would be far more likely to punish Chinese citizens rather than their overlords. And in the case of the inevitable homeland backlash, Chinese Americans would likely face the brunt of the sentiment that more rightly should be directed at the CCP.
    Easiest way to do this is saying fuck you china and leave it as a production country (would also help in not being reliant on them). Loosing such a big chunk of production vbalua and company will hit them hard and the people won´t like that. See how they will deal with that.