Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Have we been in two weeks since the the lockdowns have become widespread? I've lost track of time following this thing.

An important number is the rate of infections two weeks after the shutdown.
    Its been more than 2 weeks in places like Italy and Spain, slightly less than that in the UK, it started 23 March but distancing was already in place, public gatherings limited and so on.

Prepare yourself for this to go on for months. Indias lockdown has been a farce. It was begun with 4 hours notice and tens or hundreds of millions of people are now walking up to 600km to get home (to rural areas) from the cities where they were daily paid workers. So they are essentially spreading it through the country step by step if they have it.
    Places like South Africa have had a lockdown for a few days but if the virus gets into a township social distancing is impossible. The breakdown of law and order is also a distinct possibility there, they struggle enough as it it.
    Nigeria, Africas most populous nation is starting a lockdown in Lagos tonight, (21 million people). It's also extremely densely populated. Then we have places like Bangladesh, Indias neigbour, poor as fuck, people packed and stacked in close proximity.

All of the "third world" countries I mentioned will not have good testing regimes in place and they all get crawled over by Chinese who are providing infrastructure in exchange for raping the continent of its natural resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    No reason to strawman.
    I made an observation.
    Nobody's strawmanning here. I expected that the answer was probably "no", in which case I'd say that the comment was a cheap-shot dig that doesn't really help anything. It's a tacit suggestion that there's nothing we can do about it, so we should just shrug our shoulders and move on.

I feel like it's like saying "well, boys will be boys" when being told about an accusation of date-rape.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Easiest way to do this is saying fuck you china and leave it as a production country (would also help in not being reliant on them). Loosing such a big chunk of production vbalua and company will hit them hard and the people won´t like that. See how they will deal with that.
    You should ask the companies, i'm sure they'd listen to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    A healthier population with 20-30% less lung capacity
    Think you may have misread or maybe I had bad wording which is quite possible. Meant taking measures that would tank the economy but have a healthier population due to it is better than having a dead and permanently debilitated people (yes the lung capacity/fibrosis). The short term tanking the economy vs long term better rebound due to more able bodied people.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Nobody's strawmanning here. I expected that the answer was probably "no", in which case I'd say that the comment was a cheap-shot dig that doesn't really help anything. It's a tacit suggestion that there's nothing we can do about it, so we should just shrug our shoulders and move on.
    Then shrug and move on.
    I'm not trying to "help anything", I made an observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then shrug and move on.
    I'm not trying to "help anything", I made an observation.
    And I just made an observation that I thought your observation was a shitty one. Okay then.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And I just made an observation that I thought your observation was a shitty one. Okay then.
    My observation was a true one, now you're just being butthurt.
    Stop.

Jesus Christ you two, go have your love fest in PM's noone gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Testers are working around the clock
    The phrase "business days" belies that statement. And given that she works in healthcare and knows for a fact that no, they are not testing around the clock, I'll do you a favor and not pass along your hollow well-wishes.

Is it?
    Allright.
    What you should know is that Moscow + St Petersburg are not the "same" Russia as the rest of country is. Two different, but similar worlds would probably be the best description.
    The average life expectancy accross Russia is ~67 years - women are 10 more, at ~77. TEN year difference.
    And yes, indeed, add heavy drinking to it, as mentioned by Thepersona.

I suppose since the average Russian in Moscow would be more wealthy he can allow more bad habbits, as medicine can be afforded more easily. Just my thinking as to why cases in Moscow are around that age.
    /shrug

so now trump is FINALLY talking about closing down NY, NJ, and Connecticut after he just refused to give NY the respirators they said they needed....the only time anything is going to get done with this buffoon is when its forced. I think he'll only change his mind about this virus when he catches it himself and I want him to suffer horribly but not die cause that is too easy of a way out for him - he cant be forced to take responsibility for his numerous failures if he's dead

https://time.com/5811991/trump-quara...y-connecticut/
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    so now trump is FINALLY talking about closing down NY, NJ, and Connecticut after he just refused to give NY the respirators they said they needed....the only time anything is going to get done with this buffoon is when its forced. I think he'll only change his mind about this virus when he catches it himself and I want him to suffer horribly but not die cause that is too easy of a way out for him - he cant be forced to take responsibility for his numerous failures if he's dead

didn't the DNC and dems in those states already challenge this and prove he can't do that legally?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Oh, look! It seems that Alabama is trying to pull a CCP!

https://www.wkrg.com/health/coronavi...th-the-public/
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    didn't the DNC and dems in those states already challenge this and prove he can't do that legally?
    i don't know if its legal or not but just the fact that he's only finally trying to do anything at all because he is basically being forced to is beyond ridiculous...and if people do listen and stay indoors and it has any kind of positive affect (which is doubtful at this point, too little too late) you can bet his narcissistic ass is going to claiming that it was all his glorious idea to shut those places down...dumb fuck will do anything he can to praise himself
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Oh, look! It seems that Alabama is trying to pull a CCP!

https://www.wkrg.com/health/coronavi...th-the-public/
    Our European visitors are important to us.
    This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Yeah. It would involve the military and that's just not doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Our European visitors are important to us.
    This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.
    Try this link.

https://outline.com/BLPkZC

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The phrase "business days" belies that statement. And given that she works in healthcare and knows for a fact that no, they are not testing around the clock, I'll do you a favor and not pass along your hollow well-wishes.
    I like how you assume I know nothing about the industry - thats fine I'm not here for an argument. The industry is in a bind right now. People are working as hard as they can, as smart, and as safe as they can. Testers aren't just sitting out on 9-5 schedules. A business day it not necessarily M-F. Its means if you submit an item at 8pm Monday, you probably won't hear back until Wednesday morning because most places aren't delivering mail, making phone calls in the middle of the night. My wishes are the same, whether you want to be a dick about it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post

The federal response to disasters and catastrophes were thrown out a long time ago. They gutted the CDC, they gutted FEMA, they gutted social programs and struck down worker protection. The head of the federal government seems to only listen to facts that benefit him. They can't be relied on.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah. It would involve the military and that's just not doable.
    martial law has been invoked before in the united states. it can be invoked again.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-03-30 at 04:01 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Does anyone have a more credible source than this? Because as much as i desperately want this to be true, i need a verified study/published paper/something

https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/...-z-pak-update/

Edit: welp, i found other interesting thing. This seems important.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ia-drug-155095
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-03-30 at 04:13 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker