Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    There is no singular chart of the Us but rant rant

Oh so that isn't the chart for the US? Interesting... because all your posts are talking about the US.

How about you shove all those claims you made into your rear whence they came and rid this thread of your bullshit ?
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-03-31 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Ignore them, they are doomsayers. Today the number are only up 500 in the US and we are over half way through the day! I think we are finally over the hump.
    What is with all these people claiming to be in the US, but clearly in a European time zone? It isn't even 7 am in California, how is that halfway through the day? The government day jobs that compile these results won't even get to work for another 2 hours on the west coast.

I gave you concrete examples to prove my point that things are being stabilized. You shrugged it off and insist on using a 500 decline example to illustrate against my example of a decline of 7k cases. If that isn't deliberate pessimism I don't know what is mate. Now where's your evidence that I had an agenda for just explaining my optimism? Let's keep at it.
    Except, I'm not being pessimistic, which is why I want you to provide evidence of my "doomsday preaching."

You haven't shown a single quote, you've simply elected to make shit up.

Apparently, you don't know what it is... thanks for admitting it. Your agenda is clear, you keep calling everyone doomsday preachers, do you want all the quotes of you doing it? Very well, I expect all your quotes of me being pessimistic. I'll hold my breath:

Must i repeat myself ffs? I'd explained to you my reasons for being more optimistic but you continually harp on that particular example and refuse to acknowledge my point and mocked me on my outlook. So I said you are a doompreacher who dislikes optimism. Clear enough already at this point? Nothing much i can do if you keep dodging and wanting me to explain myself over and over. I have to sleep have to work no time for merry go round poor me

Now still waiting on your apology for that agenda BS mate
    Keep at it doom-preacher. I'm still waiting for your apology.

How is it an outlier when daily growth rate has been slowing down in recent days? You chose to ignore that and use an insignificant 600 decline example to illustrate that. How is that not doom-mongering. And you still haven't explained why did you hint that I have an agenda for merely feeling optimism.

Just quote my post where I was posting unrealistic expectations ey? It's all doom or broke for you ey? No room for middle room. Optimism not allowed. "Fuck if you're feeling optimism you're a trumpster" LMAO fml. And you doom mongers were the ones to resort to name callings first get that straight.

Are you that dense? Didn't you see the 13% decline in new cases yesterday and the decreasing rate of growth in new cases in the few days prior to yesterday? But no," the papers say that doomsday is coming so it must be true" CNN and Daily mail suit sheeps like you

Mr Doomsday, you preached that an 8k(15%) drop in new cases is incomparable to a 500 case decline and shot me down for being optimistic. Come on don't be shy and stop dodging.

Once again ffs. You jumped on me for being optimistic based on a(8k), 15% drop in new cases and had to use a pathetic previous example of 500 cases to shoot me down. Isn't that nitpicking doomsday preaching BS? Then you had the audacity to accuse me of having an agenda for merely being optimistic based on latest figures. Fuck man, aren't you one sad and miserable sob mate. You should go out and get some sunshine
    Stop exaggerating things when i am basing data because on half a day's figures and cases aren't even half of the previous day's. I swear you guys are so miserly you would not tolerate any form of optimism in others. All daily mail lovers i reckon lmao. No wonder the papers are all going doom and gloom mode everyday because panic selling works on people like you. Time to hoard the toilet rolls!
    So who's the one hinting at people with agenda first here? Stop dodging. As for doomsday,well it is all doom and gloom for you isn't it. I guess we are never allowed to be optimistic and be wary of another Dino-Killing Asteroid hitting us because there is a precedent. What precautions do you suggest we take? Hide under a shelter or something?There is a precedent after all. And even when this virus dies down. Due to countless other cases of pandemics in the past we should say our prayers everyday. We should be cautious because there is always a chance of us getting struck by lightning and run over by a car.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Let's make it 1 month in one week's time, and 1 year in 1 month's time.
    I'm not agreeing with your doomsday preaching. I'm just tired of going rounds in circles with you as i see there's no point in convincing you

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about baseless accusation when you are the one accusing me of having an agenda just because I'm feeling optimistic looking at declining numbers. Fuck man. What a miserly hypocrite you are

Nothing wrong with what I've said when there is a noticeable and substantial decline observed yesterday and today. I'd bet you'll say wait another year in one week's time.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to point out anything wrong with that statement. Do you work for the papers or something? So sad about the decline? Fucking hell man, doom preachers like your kind always wish ill upon the others and feel angry when things are improving. Wtf is with your mentality

Yep, there you are, trying to muddy the waters by building straw men, and shitpost your way out of it.

Now, where's your evidence?

I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control
    No. I have the mental capacity to interpret the curve of a gradient. Since I'm a veterinarian working in the field of population genetics and population ecology I'm trained enough in epidemiology, so don't treat me like an imbecile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    What is with all these people claiming to be in the US, but clearly in a European time zone? It isn't even 7 am in California, how is that halfway through the day? The government day jobs that compile these results won't even get to work for another 2 hours on the west coast.
    This is site has sadly been invested by bad faith posters for quite some time, claiming to be one or the other. I find most of them rather transparent after reading or even responding to their posts shortly, but some people really devote far too much time to it.

On the other hand forum moderators are rather understaffed so that's also a reason why these keep coming here, that and a very outdated forum software wise.

I'm talking about increase rate in new cases not absolute numbers ffs. For example we had an 10K increase in new cases last week vs 2k increase yesterday. You are just looking at absolute numbers which is not an indication of whether things are under control
    The growth rate as to do more than stabilize for this to be under control. If we keep hitting 10k a week, that is still bad news for our healthcare limits and economy.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I gave you concrete examples to prove my point that things are being stabilized. You shrugged it off and insist on using a 500 decline example to illustrate against my example of a decline of 7k cases. If that isn't deliberate pessimism I don't know what is mate. Now where's your evidence that I had an agenda for just explaining my optimism? Let's keep at it.
    How are things being stabilized if each day we have higher numbers....

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Oh so that isn't the chart for the US? Hmm because all your posts are talking about the US...

How about you shove all those claims you made into your rear whence they came and rid this thread of your bullshit ?
    So this is a US only thread huh? Not my fucking fault for your stupid assumption that I was referring to merely US cases.
    Anyway, the increase in new cases for US was only 1k-2k in the last three days. In the days prior it was constantly 3-4k increase in new cases. So there is still a slowdown like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    How are things being stabilized if each day we have higher numbers....
    Yes but the rate in increase daily is slowing down so things are improving slowly. I'm not saying it will vanish overnight

So this is a US only thread huh? Not my fucking fault for your stupid assumption that I was referring to merely US cases.
    Anyway, the increase in new cases for US was only 1k-2k in the last three days. In the days prior it was constantly 3-4k increase in new cases. So there is still a slowdown like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but the rate in increase daily is slowing down so things are improving slowly. I'm not saying it will vanish overnight
    Except, you specifically cited the one day when the numbers went down, and based your argument off of that. Shall we pull up the comment?

Also, I'm still waiting on your evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, I'm not being pessimistic, which is why I want you to provide evidence of my "doomsday preaching."

You haven't shown a single quote, you've simply elected to make shit up.

Apparently, you don't know what it is... thanks for admitting it. Your agenda is clear, you keep calling everyone doomsday preachers, do you want all the quotes of you doing it? Very well, I expect all your quotes of me being pessimistic. I'll hold my breath:

Yep, there you are, trying to muddy the waters by building straw men, and shitpost your way out of it.

Now, where's your evidence?
    How is this evidence that I have an ulterior motive? They are my protests against your mockery towards my outlook. You said I had an ulterior motive for trying to back up my claim of stabilization. Where is it? And thank you for the quotations, some of the posts above already explains why I've said you are a doommonger. Look for it. Or ignore it like you always do. Now what is my so-called ulterior motive for a simple expression of optimism? Where is your evidence? Still waiting on it.

How is this evidence that I have an ulterior motive? They are my protests against your mockery towards my outlook. You said I had an ulterior motive for trying to back up my claim of stabilization. Where is it? And thank you for the quotations, some of the posts above already explains why I've said you are a doommonger. Look for it. Or ignore it like you always do. Now what is my so-called ulterior motive for a simple expression of optimism? Where is your evidence? Still waiting on it.
    It's literally your quotes of your agenda, and you still have yet to produce anything... how sad.

Evidence provided, you are welcome... again.

Alas, you have yet to provide any evidence, so your baseless claims are noted. It's a shame you cannot provide any evidence of my doomsday preaching and alleged slander.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-03-31 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    This is site has sadly been invested by bad faith posters for quite some time, claiming to be one or the other. I find most of them rather transparent after reading or even responding to their posts shortly, but some people really devote far too much time to it.

On the other hand forum moderators are rather understaffed so that's also a reason why these keep coming here, that and a very outdated forum software wise.
    I gave a chart of declining growth factor numbers,you call it "bad faith". Those are not fake numbers. And I'm not saying the disease will vanish overnight.But a even little optimism is disallowed. What do you want then? Everyone to drown in sorrow and sob in bed every moment? Do you work for the papers or some politicians who benefit from a bleak outlook? Or just a miserly, miserable pathetic individual who cannot stand a little optimism from the others.? Because I cannot believe anyone can be so petty and dense.

- - - Updated - - -

It's literally your quotes of your agenda, and you still have yet to produce anything... how sad.

Evidence provided, you are welcome... again.

Alas, you have yet to provide any evidence, so your baseless claims are noted.
    The evidence is right within the quotes you provided. You can ctrl f "doomsday" and "preaching" within this page and find my explanation. Or you can continue to turn a blind eye. Now explain your accusation that I have an ulterior motive. Evidence please.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2020-03-31 at 02:13 PM.

I gave a chart of declining growth factor numbers,you call it "bad faith". Those are not fake numbers. And I'm not saying the disease will vanish overnight.But a even little optimism is disallowed. What do you want then? Everyone to drown in sorrow and sob in bed every moment? Do you work for the papers or some politicians who benefit from a bleak outlook? Or just a miserly, miserable pathetic individual who cannot stand a little optimism from the others.? Because I cannot believe anyone can be so petty and dense.
    I'm going to just go ahead and leave this here:

Fuck yeah!The virus is slowly dying down already. The doom preachers are gonna boohoo themselves to sleep woot
    - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The evidence is right within the quotes you provided. Continue to turn a blind eye. Now explain your accusation that I have an ulterior motive. Evidence please.
    Nope, I want to see my quotes, those are your comments. If your argument is that your quotes show that what I said is doomsaying, then I have some bad news for you. That's like me saying you are a rapist, and trying to argue that's evidence of you admitting you are a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think a lot of people saw this coming.

The WSJ reports that China is choosing not to report people who are positive, if they are not symptomatic. Making their numbers completely false.

They promise they're going to start doing that, any day now.
    Wait, china is lying about the numbers? Color me shocked!
    Considering that there's some studies that say that as much as 50% of the infected are completely asymptomatic, you can double the number of reported cases from the start.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...243-7/fulltext
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

- - - Updated - - -

With all this rambling I can't fault you for losing track of your own non-sense. But I'll fault you for the non-sense. This isn't a thread to fool around

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the situation is stabilizing that is for sure. The growth numbers are beginning to flatten. We've had 10k spikes in growth rates constantly a few weeks ago compared to an 1-2k growth in the last few days and an actual decline the day before. And yesterday the numbers were pretty similar. Hopefully in one month's time we will see consistent declines.
    the increase rate in new cases have been declining. The flattening at least signals things are being stabilized
    I'm just going to repeat what I said a few days ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What I'm worried about is how many politicians are going to see a slight, temporary flattening of the curve and assume that it means that they're nearing their peak, rather than taking it for what it more likely is: a delayed reaction to distancing measures having a correlative effect on said curve while still on the way up.

But here you can get called names for having a positive outlook. Ridiculous bunch of miserly pricks can't stand improvement in the situation. They want the whole world to burn.
    Complains about name-calling. One-ups the name-calling and throws in more strawmanning, too.

Classy.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The Olympics was postponed until next year, and that is great, but there is actually an even bigger event in July-August time frame that I haven't seen any discussion of canceling. The Hajj.

I honestly have no idea if it is even possible to cancel it, I assume Saudi Arabia would be the ones to work on that, but that is a political minefield for them. It has the potential to be extremely dangerous though, as it will include about 2 million people from hundreds of countries. During parts of the pilgrimage, they all pack in extremely close to each other, in the largest crowds on the planet.

By July, I don't know how consequential this spread could be, but it could certainly explode the numbers in places like Indonesia and Pakistan.
    IIRC they closed all the facilites for now so the Small Pilgrimages are not allowed. But yeah I have a hard time seeing them cancelling this years Hadj, especially with the current oil price war ongoing.

But then, maybe most countries will still have their borders still locked by then...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What a disgusting country. This is ridiculous.
    No it's people who want to make bullshit stories up that make it disgusting. It's people who demand they get a test when they get the sniffles and are told no you don't need it then go on social media and blow it out of proportion that are disgusting. It's people who aren't actually from here and lie their asses off that are disgusting. So many workplaces are covering the costs of everything if you get diagnosed, so many are giving both full time and part time employees hours and hours of paid sick leave if they need it...even to take care of a loved one or take care of children. My relative was thought to have it a couple weeks ago. He went to the hospital (after being told to do so by a doctor over the phone) got the best of care, got tested, x-rays and cat scans of lungs, breathing treatments and sent home with tons of medication. Thank god he only had pneumonia...but the care he was given was outstanding. The cost....nothing...zero...zilch...zip. Quit bashing the US and our health care and spreading lies. It's not perfect, could use improvement....but so could all of yours and if you say otherwise I call bullshit.

I'm going to just go ahead and leave this here:

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I want to see my quotes, those are your comments. If your argument is that your quotes show that what I said is doomsaying, then I have some bad news for you. That's like me saying you are a rapist, and trying to argue that's evidence of you admitting you are a rapist.
    What is wrong with me saying the virus is slowing down? It is totally consistent with my claims all along. And I have figures to back them up with.

Again. Ctrl F "doomsday" and "preaching" in this page, you will find my repeated explanation of why I think you are a pessimistic doommonger. Because you ridicule my outlook and ignore all the positive examples that I've provided. And again, you used a 500 decline example to illustrate against my 7k decline example, that is proof of your pessism and deliberate attempt to shoot down my optimism for the sake of it. That's why I termed you as a doommonger. Which means you are overly pessismistic. And hence I called you a doommonger. Because of your pessimism, And hence I termed you a doommonger. Because you are overly pessimistic etc etc etc..

Now you still haven't explained your claim that I have an ulterior motive. Please explain and provide evidence I have an ulterior motive.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    No it's people who want to make bullshit stories up that make it disgusting. It's people who demand they get a test when they get the sniffles and are told no you don't need it then go on social media and blow it out of proportion that are disgusting. It's people who aren't actually from here and lie their asses off that are disgusting. So many workplaces are covering the costs of everything if you get diagnosed, so many are giving both full time and part time employees hours and hours of paid sick leave if they need it...even to take care of a loved one or take care of children. My relative was thought to have it a couple weeks ago. He went to the hospital (after being told to do so by a doctor over the phone) got the best of care, got tested, x-rays and cat scans of lungs, breathing treatments and sent home with tons of medication. Thank god he only had pneumonia...but the care he was given was outstanding. The cost....nothing...zero...zilch...zip. Quit bashing the US and our health care and spreading lies. It's not perfect, could use improvement....but so could all of yours and if you say otherwise I call bullshit.
    Well, we do spend more than any other country per capita... there's plenty to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

What is wrong with me saying the virus is slowing down? It is totally consistent with my claims all along. And I have figures to back them up with.

Again. Ctrl F "doomsday" and "preaching" in this page, you will find my repeated explanation of why I think you are a pessimistic doommonger. Because you ridicule my outlook and ignore all the positive examples that I've provided. And again, you used a 500 decline example to illustrate against my 7k decline example, that is proof of your pessism and deliberate attempt to shoot down my optimism for the sake of it. That's why I termed you as a doommonger. Which means you are overly pessismistic. And hence I called you a doommonger. Because of your pessimism, And hence I termed you a doommonger. Because you are overly pessimistic etc etc etc..

Now you still haven't explained your claim that I have an ulterior motive. Please explain and provide evidence I have an ulterior motive.
    You cannot find a single quote of mine, can you? Boy, that must be embarrassing for you.