10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Sounds like he tried the same thing that failed for everybody else and then tries more things that failed for everybody else until you go on full strict lockdown
    Can't blame Bibi but it's not something to be particularly proud of.
    Well I mean - people are people.

I'm just glad we have 26 dead total for 9 million of population, which is nothing short of amazing really. To his credit - he tried the same things everyone else tried, but good 1-2 weeks earlier and it gave decent results.

So yeah, he definitely earned some kudos there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

I'm just glad we have 26 dead total for 9 million of population, which is nothing short of amazing really. To his credit - he tried the same things everyone else tried, but good 1-2 weeks earlier and it gave decent results.

Nice. Really nice. How many infected and in ICU you have? We have 3k infected, 100+ in ICU and 16 dead unfortunately
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Iran is turning into a real shit show. People dying to bootleg liquor thinking it cures it because they have no trust in thier government and alcohol is banned so they have to go to dodgy sources even if it did help which it doesn't unless you're using the alcohol to clean. This whole situation really highlights how important having trust in your government is as people do crazy things in fear and misinformation
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

You have what? 6000 cases in a month? It shows that your health are system can cope so far , not that preventive measures are working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Nice. Really nice. How many infected and in ICU you have? We have 3k infected, 100+ in ICU and 16 dead unfortunately
    Infected total is 6092, Ventilated - 81. Total capacity for ventilation is ~2800.

Charts are here for example: https://corona.mako.co.il/

You can use Google Translate and overall it does the job.

- - - Updated - - -

You have what? 6000 cases in a month? It shows that your health are system can cope so far , not that preventive measures are working.
    We are a pretty small country, 6000 cases is a lot. When it comes to normalized cases (cases per 1m people) - we have more cases than US.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Our healthcare system does seem to cope well and we were lucky to have a shitton of ventilation machines ready (we seemed to have a stock for potential chemical/biological attack). At the very least, so far, people seem to be getting all the care they can give, given there is no cure or medicine yet.

Still there is a rush to bring more, our alarmist PM is consistently paining grim pictures to try and make people behave.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-04-01 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Iran is turning into a real shit show. People dying to bootleg liquor thinking it cures it because they have no trust in thier government and alcohol is banned so they have to go to dodgy sources even if it did help which it doesn't unless you're using the alcohol to clean. This whole situation really highlights how important having trust in your government is as people do crazy things in fear and misinformation
    Would be nice if the US got rid of the sanctions so that Iran could get better medical supplies.

Infected total is 6092, Ventilated - 81. Total capacity for ventilation is ~2800.

Charts are here for example: https://corona.mako.co.il/

You can use Google Translate and overall it does the job.

- - - Updated - - -

We are a pretty small country, 6000 cases is a lot. When it comes to normalized cases (cases per 1m people) - we have more cases than US.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Our healthcare system does seem to cope well and we were lucky to have a shitton of ventilation machines ready (we seemed to have a stock for potential chemical/biological attack). At the very least, so far, people seem to be getting all the care they can give, given there is no cure or medicine yet.

Still there is a rush to bring more, our alarmist PM is consistently paining grim pictures to try and make people behave.
    Ok so you infection level is about the same as everybody else. No kudos there. Your saving grace is having overkill hospitals. Good for you but I don't think Bibi gets to be praised for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    This whole situation really highlights how important having trust in your government is as people do crazy things in fear and misinformation
    very true. here in UK the majority are obeying lockdown orders but there's a large number of people who simply don't believe it's necessary and that the government is seriously exaggerating things or just plain lying. it's sad, but hardly surprising after all the misinformation that was spread over brexit with all the parties just throwing out blatant lies to push their respective agendas

so now we have a crisis and people don't trust the people who are in charge of fixing it. the one time they're actually trying to do at least something right and people make it harder, not just because they're panicking or selfish but also because the boy's cried wolf too many times

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so you infection level is about the same as everybody else. No kudos there. Your saving grace is having overkill hospitals. Good for you but I don't think Bibi gets to be praised for that.
    Given he's at helm for a good decade now, I'd say overkill hospitals, healthcare and stockpile of ventilators are also not something that came just by the chance there.

Overall, we seemed to have been prepared better than many, so yeah, maybe it's his credit too in some. Other than that - it's sure nice we locked down shit earlier than most.

Our only real Achilles' heel is this idiotic clown town of religious nuts that's responsible for 15% of the cases for 2% of the population.

Given he's at helm for a good decade now, I'd say overkill hospitals, healthcare and stockpile of ventilators are also not something that came just by the chance there.

Overall, we seemed to have been prepared better than many, so yeah, maybe it's his credit too in some. Other than that - it's sure nice we locked down shit earlier than most.

Our only real Achilles' heel is this idiotic clown town of religious nuts that's responsible for 15% of the cases for 2% of the population.
    Religious nuts being responsible for a fuckton of outbreaks? color me shocked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Religious nuts being responsible for a fuckton of outbreaks? color me shocked!
    Some of them are literally living in a country inside a country. It's basically like our own version of Amish, only more toxic and located more closely to the sane people. Like there are many religious people who are either ok really or at least try to not get in the way, but you have this 5-10% who are totally bonkers extremist who do not recognize laws aside from edicts of their community leaders and "teh book".

Problem with Coronavirus is that these 5-10% are enough to spread the virus like a wildfire, which is precisely what has happened there. Why it's our own tiny Italy there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    Anyone here have their classes moved online?

If so how is it going? It's a disorganized mess with all of my classes and it's driving me insane. I already hated online classes and now I'm dealing with professors that also hate online classes.

Now it's just starting to feel like a huge waste of money.
    My wife had her university classes moved online. She just had one this past week (we had to buy her a microphone to use since we don't have webcams or anything) and loved it. The teacher made sure everyone had their mic muted, questions were queued via chat and people were allowed to elaborate on their questions via mic when called upon. She said the class was much easier to follow without a cacophony of people all trying to talk at once (something I've noticed happens in this country more often than I'm used to) and she didn't have to waste two hours of her day putting on makeup/dressing up and using public transport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The mask can block large droplets carrying the virus itself. So disposing of it immediately after coming into contact and washing your hands will protect you.
    No, it won't. Large droplets are not routinely going into your mouth or nose directly from a coughing or talking infected person. Even if they were, unless you're wearing a face shield, your tear ducts are wide open to infection. And a surgical mask is not fitted to your face, so it has large gaps, regardless.

Going into your elbow is slightly better than a mask so, just combine the two... or even use your hands and then wash them or use sanitizing right after with the mask.

Sleeve coughing produced more droplets 1 micron or under, compared to just a mask.

Now the table on that shows sleeves are better if you're looking between 0.5 or less up to 1, but once you start including larger droplets... masks are better.
    And, according to that study, the control group of unblocked coughs produced fewer droplets by far than any attempt to block the cough. I'm not sure what kind of conclusions you want to be drawing from that data.

Also something else A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF PEOPLE SHOW NO SYMPTOMS and just their normal talking can infect people. A mask again... may be able to protect from that.
    Again, that's assuming your not following the physical distancing recommendations, and also that the person wearing the mask is the person who is infected, and also that there aren't other non-mask-wearing infected people.

You'll see most droplets from talking are larger than 5 microns WHICH MEANS A MASK WOULD protect you from asymptomatic people, and also help stop the spread.
    See the above rebuttals.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Lots of thing don't make any sense...Why on earth are the elderly...the demographic that gets hit harder than any...why the hell are they out and about wandering around like they've not a worry?
    Like my grandfather said, he´s not afraid to die he has lived long enough, so maybe the same additude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Like my grandfather said, he´s not afraid to die he has lived long enough, so maybe the same additude?
    Making that same call for any friends or relatives you might come into contact with is a dick move, regardless of age.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, it won't. Large droplets are not routinely going into your mouth or nose directly from a coughing or talking infected person. Even if they were, unless you're wearing a face shield, your tear ducts are wide open to infection. And a surgical mask is not fitted to your face, so it has large gaps, regardless.

And, according to that study, the control group of unblocked coughs produced fewer droplets by far than any attempt to block the cough. I'm not sure what kind of conclusions you want to be drawing from that data.

Again, that's assuming your not following the physical distancing recommendations, and also that the person wearing the mask is the person who is infected, and also that there aren't other non-mask-wearing infected people.

See the above rebuttals.
    We have no idea if droplets in the eyes causes respiratory issues, we do know it does cause conjunctivitis.

I guess you ignores:

This increase in droplet numbers should not be used to infer an increased total emitted amount, because the exact relationship between the emitted volume and the measured volume is not known. In a previous article [22] we considered that the distance the cough airflow travels before crossing the measurement zone might prevent droplets travelling in the periphery of the expanding plume be accounted for. Another factor for this increase would be the shape of the barrier in front of the cough airflow.
    If you wanted to use this point you'd have to say it is safer to cough without ever covering which you don't contend.

Can you stay 6 feet away from all people at all times? Because chances are it isn't likely. What the fuck are you talking about in bold here? A person infected talking around those not infected without a mask, the non-infected would be safer as the mask protects against droplets from speech.

The mask themselves prevent 2.5 micron and up with about a 95% success rate below 0.5 microns. So wearing a mask in front of a person talking spewing 5 micron droplets would allow you to be protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    This could be the first day where the US have the most deaths of all countries.
    USA #1

In all seriousness. Those numbers are rising too fast in the US. This could be horrible over the weekend. Let's hope it does not get out of control too much
    Here are the projections. We've barely started. The next month will be absolutely horrific.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Use the drop down to see each state.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    The boomers have a history of being selfish cunts, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

hmf...already heard a projection of "millions" of Americans dead.
    We'll see...after all that got downgraded by a decimal point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf...already heard a projection of "millions" of Americans dead.
    We'll see...after all that got downgraded by a decimal point.
    I think that we'll see a few hundred thousands dead worldwide (not counting China, India or the Subsaharan africa Countries)