Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Putin implemented some new laws in Russia.

If you cause two or more people to get infected and die to coronavirus through deliberate negligence, you can face up to 7 years in jail.

If you spread misinformation about coronavirus, you can face up to 3 years in jail.
    Wonder if this counts for his Puppet in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And US military doing it's usual games, it seems:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52145230
    I don't actually see the problem with this. He went outside the chain of command. The military isn't the place to do things like this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if it's a suspicious death they won't pay out.
    With 40k dead, try to hold that position

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How is this helpful? You think i can read swedish?
    Google translate works perfectly for Swedish, like it does for all Germanic languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How is this helpful? You think i can read swedish?
    If u get virus "sucks to be you"...Sweden, worst country on earth now in protecting people n response..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    With 40k dead, try to hold that position
    the insurance companies aren't going to suddenly just waive investigations and give out money more likely they will just start suspending policies until time as such investigations can be conducted and hold the money in an escrow account or something. they aren't charities.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It doesn’t matter the nine times you said x thing since you must also consider your original statements.
    So you're attempting to give yourself license to ignore anything you want because you misunderstood something earlier?

Weird flex, but okay.

I have taken your subsequent arguments as you bolstering your original statement.
    Good. They did. Thanks for agreeing with me.

If you have a problem maybe you shouldn’t have said it? I mean you haven’t explicitly taken it back you are aware right?
    Why would I take back back the correct thing that I said simply because you didn't comprehend it? That'd be an odd thing to do.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The whole mask thing, nothing changes anyway unless there's a unified order requiring mask. We can't even get a unified stay at home order. Right now it's local governments, and general were talking the county and state level, actually issuing orders with weight to to them. Asking people to stay home, making recommendations, aren't real orders.
    Some countries dont need new laws if the citizens follow common-sense rules, not really a shocking news its a cultural thing for sure.

But ordering masks for everyone would be a smart move, if it helps to uphold the social distancing it is allready a benefit for everyone and shaming for those who HAVE TO wear them is minimized. What the masks prevent and what not, doesnt even matter at that point anymore.

Here in germany we might get some mask orders for next week ( I really hope ), but the infection curve is not critical yet and the healthcare system was clearly prepared in time. Got FFP2 masks for the foreseeable future and I assume many countries will just adopt the japanese way to deal with this new permanent change in our lives and will wear masks in specific situations even without any laws.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting information out of NYC. We may not need as many ventilators as we think. Though we'll probably still need more than we have.

https://rebelem.com/covid-19-hypoxem...till-safe-way/

https://twitter.com/EricLeeMD/status...54768185303041
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-04-03 at 09:51 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I thought CFR needs to include a timeframe. It seems to me to be a bit useless to include the most recent cases as that will just push the CFR down, so the more cases are added within the past few days the lower CFR gets which obviously is not very useful.
    Well, the point is that CFR is a very simple thing to measure, but has somewhat limited long-term meaning; it's just the most convenient number to be able to compare in the short term.

CFR can have a timeframe, but it's more in relation to a wave of infection, or a specific viral strain mutation.

But anyway, when looking at the USA, shouldn't CFR be calculated on a state by state level and not for the whole country? I mean, some states are the size of entire countries and the cases are pretty localized.

For example, CFR for New York is 2,7%
    Ultimately, COVID-19 will have one CFR, and then ultimately, one estimated IFR.

The measured CFR in an area can somewhat be used to compare the measure of care available in that area, or to suggest another area- or demographic-specific factor in mortality, such as the correlation of a high measured CFR with air pollution level, or prevalence of smoking, etc.

Is there an equivalent to CFR? 2,4% CFR (today's numbers) seems low sure but the recovery rate isn't much higher at 4,4%.
    Equivalent in terms of recovery? Not as far as I know. It should pretty much just be the inverse of the CFR. "Recovery" can be a hard thing to quantify, though. Infection is pretty clear (positive or negative), mortality as well (dead or not dead), but recovery can be a fairly subjective call until the outbreak is done and over.

But the CFR is bound to change as we move through the outbreak and increase our data collection, especially since the death curve perforce lags behind the infection curve.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    I just went for a walk and did some grocery shopping, too. Fucking kids in the store didn't keep safe distance. I shouted at them and felt like punching the idiots.

"CAN'T YOU FUCKING READ?! BACK OFF!" (there are signs about keeping 2m distance everywhere, even lines on the floor while queueing)

I went full crazy old man.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, the point is that CFR is a very simple thing to measure, but has somewhat limited long-term meaning; it's just the most convenient number to be able to compare in the short term.

CFR can have a timeframe, but it's more in relation to a wave of infection, or a specific viral strain mutation.

Ultimately, COVID-19 will have one CFR, and then ultimately, one estimated IFR.

The measured CFR in an area can somewhat be used to compare the measure of care available in that area, or to suggest another area- or demographic-specific factor in mortality, such as the correlation of a high measured CFR with air pollution level, or prevalence of smoking, etc.

Equivalent in terms of recovery? Not as far as I know. It should pretty much just be the inverse of the CFR. "Recovery" can be a hard thing to quantify, though. Infection is pretty clear (positive or negative), mortality as well (dead or not dead), but recovery can be a fairly subjective call until the outbreak is done and over.

But the CFR is bound to change as we move through the outbreak and increase our data collection, especially since the death curve perforce lags behind the infection curve.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it help / make you feel better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Did it help / make you feel better?
    Yes and yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just do a semi smiling : ) face when people are blocking me or standing next to me and we make eye contact. In the scenario we don't make eye contact, I do a very cartoony lift of the foot and place it a meter away and make sure they notice it, then I proceed to make the aforementioned : ) face once we make eye contact. I think I might be autistic.

Yes and yes!
    In my experience it's mostly elderly people disrespecting those conventions right now. Just the other day an old lady felt like whispering in my ear when I was shopping because she didn't know where the butter was.

But you know, if there's a moment that shouting like an old man is right it's right now. People need to understand.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just went for a walk and did some grocery shopping, too. Fucking kids in the store didn't keep safe distance. I shouted at them and felt like punching the idiots.

"CAN'T YOU FUCKING READ?! BACK OFF!" (there are signs about keeping 2m distance everywhere, even lines on the floor while queueing)

Yeah, have seen lots of dumbass teens, one bumped into me, how u accomplish that when we were the only customers in store?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no:

Gamestop, please just die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And US military doing it's usual games, it seems:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52145230
    America has always been rather harsh upon their whistleblowers haven't they?

In any case he did good, he put his men before his own interests and took a career bullet.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...I5o6B2f6O.html

GG. o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Spain just surpassed Italy in verified cases. Though I don't think Italy has any numbers in for the day yet.