10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47243351
    He is 191cm and 110kg give or take a few kilos.

To be morbidly obese he should weigh nearly 150kg. And no, he isn't near that. If you think so, you don't seem to know what 40 BMI looks like with low to normal muscularity.
    Trump is not fucking 6'3". Look at this photo.

See that they're pretty much the same height?

Obama is 6'0". Trump is not 3" taller.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

A video I came across yesterday. Pretty interesting, pretty much confirming the "conspiracy theories" that the virus did indeed originate from the infectious disease lab.

tl/dr: he names patient zero for Covid19, the bats used, the fact that no such bats were found for sale at any time before or after the outbreak, and the CCP's effort to cover it up, until it couldn't be covered up anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elligence-says

There was a government document leaked a few days ago which states the US government's position on what it thinks of China's candor on dealing with Covid19, and we definitely don't think they've been telling the truth. I don't really know of any way that they could be held accountable, but it's all well and good to be pointing the finger at each other here in the States about who did what, and who did what too late, but we all know who's really responsible for this outbreak. I sincerely hope things change for the better in this world as a result of it, but i'm really not holding my breath too hard. There's simply too much money to be made when you're in bed with the literal devil. My country has and will continue to do things I will disagree with, even today, I find myself shouting at the president on TV that he needs to shut the fuck up and do things instead of argue with Jim Acosta on national television. But, as bad as Trump is at times, he's a saint compared to the CCP.

The more time that is put between this outbreak and present day will release more and more info. I'm greatly interested in the future and what it holds for world relations with China. Will the dollar be too seductive? Or, will we do the right thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I can assure you that Trump knows the origin of this virus.
    He just wants China's January 15 trade agreement badly.

He is also under-estimated this "homemade" virus.
    He thought US scientists can handle it.

If you look at the timeline, everything happens right after January 15.
    The trade war and virus are together.
    I would not be surprised that more will happen right before the election.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-04-05 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post

A video I came across yesterday. Pretty interesting, pretty much confirming the "conspiracy theories" that the virus did indeed originate from the infectious disease lab.

tl/dr: he names patient zero for Covid19, the bats used, the fact that no such bats were found for sale at any time before or after the outbreak, and the CCP's effort to cover it up, until it couldn't be covered up anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elligence-says

There was a government document leaked a few days ago which states the US government's position on what it thinks of China's candor on dealing with Covid19, and we definitely don't think they've been telling the truth. I don't really know of any way that they could be held accountable, but it's all well and good to be pointing the finger at each other here in the States about who did what, and who did what too late, but we all know who's really responsible for this outbreak. I sincerely hope things change for the better in this world as a result of it, but i'm really not holding my breath too hard. There's simply too much money to be made when you're in bed with the literal devil. My country has and will continue to do things I will disagree with, even today, I find myself shouting at the president on TV that he needs to shut the fuck up and do things instead of argue with Jim Acosta on national television. But, as bad as Trump is at times, he's a saint compared to the CCP.

The more time that is put between this outbreak and present day will release more and more info. I'm greatly interested in the future and what it holds for world relations with China. Will the dollar be too seductive? Or, will we do the right thing?
    Do you actually believe shit like that? Man, it must be awful walking about in real life with the "gullible" title. That proves nothing.

Total COVID-19 cases just hit 1.2 millions and it doesn't looks like it is going to end anytime soon for the U.S and some other countries. Best outlook is that we are probably going to be sheltered for the next 4 to 6 months.
    Check out my drones guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Good thing to come out of this I guess.

Massive tornado ripped through a chunk of my city today (EF-3 is what they're thinking), hit multiple businesses and homes, only 6 minor injuries though and no deaths and well... weird as it sounds COVID is mostly to blame for that, less people out and about then a usual sat and things that really got hit like a restaurant and best buy weren't allowing people to sit in them. Would have probably been a lot worse without COVID.
    I heard from a friend of mine that COVID-19 is saving lives in Chicago. The gun murder rate is down so much its off-setting COVID-19 deaths. Didn't check myself

Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    Total COVID-19 cases just hit 1.2 millions and it doesn't looks like it is going to end anytime soon for the U.S and some other countries. Best outlook is that we are probably going to be sheltered for the next 4 to 6 months.
    In fact that's the worst outcome (6 months in shelter). Best outcome is 2-3 months inside. That would happen if we somehow find an effective treatment in the next 2 weeks, scale it up massively and find that a ton of people have been exposed to the virus, just to have the antibodies.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Do you actually believe shit like that? Man, it must be awful walking about in real life with the "gullible" title. That proves nothing.
    time for you to provide your evidence refuting it then champ.
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I can assure you that Trump knows the origin of this virus.
    He just wants China's January 15 trade agreement badly.

He is also under-estimated this "homemade" virus.
    He thought US scientists can handle it.

If you look at the timeline, everything happens right after January 15.
    The trade war and virus are together.
    I would not be surprised that more will happen right before the election.
    He should know the origin of this virus. It was a wet market in wuhan, china. It happened because the Chinese have not stopped eating exotic animals DESPITE being told about the dangers of that practice (and dont get me started on the ecological damage), and said markets would give Nurgle a smile, with the amount of pestilence going around. Also because the CCP hid information in the early weeks, just to save face. Add to that the incompetence of every other nation on earth, and you have this clusterfuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    time for you to provide your evidence refuting it then champ.
    Dude, evidence of the contrary has been provided numerous times on this very thread. The virus was a result of years of malpractice by the chinese government, coupled with the stupidity of chinese traditional medicine, the desperate need for eating, and the CCP lying to save face. Ah, and bad luck. They should have banned the trade of exotic animals (alive or dead) when SARS CoV1 happened.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-04-05 at 03:33 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Yeah sports only got millions of peoples lives around the world involved…
    Not sure what profession you got but we also dont care about that anymore then.
    it's so important the nba and multiple other sports conglomerates suspended or postponed their seasons for the foreseeable future.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Really? Based on what? The constant contradictions by Dr, Fauci?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tensions-...141306900.html
    Maggie Haberman. Not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why did France have 23k new cases yesterday and 8k today?

The deaths were explained with the nursing home stats, but the infections?
    Apples to oranges, in any individual country testing capabilities is a bottleneck in confirming new cases, and this is not a constant from day to day.
    Could be a plethora of reasons why they are testing less/ more from one day to another, less potential patients submitting for tests, shortage of testing kits; shortage/increase of lab machines, staff & equipment.
    Or any number of logistical/ efficiency issues causing or reducing a lag effect; resulting in a decline or spike.
    Example: nation C just obtained 5 additional automatic testing machines, capable of testing 20k+ more a day. And can now fully process every daily samples submitted: Eliminating any lag; but In addition to daily cases, adding a resulting backlog of old samples to go through that they have not been able to process in time.

But the most obvious explanation to me here is that "today" was a Saturday; so should be safe to assume that their active staff, submitted tests and testing capabilities would be somewhat reduced overall.

Furthermore between nations neither testing capabilities or even who gets tested is standardized.
    Some countries only administer tests to the seriously ill, some only to healthcare workers and the critically ill, some try to test everyone with symptoms
    and less than a handful test everyone who has been in contact with a confirmed positive case.

With that in mind one cant compare # infected in country A to B either. The number of infected becomes entirely pointless.

Sadly the only way one can actually compare between nations or see meaningful day to day changes within one is then
    the number of critical patients in intensive care + number of deaths (granted that these are all properly accounted for as covid related deaths).

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post

Bubonic plague killed 30-50% of the european population in a year.
    Not one, but over the course of nearly four years; 1346- early 1350.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Find a new job or start up in a recession

Good joke.
    a lot of those players are wealthy individuals who won't be in much if any financial trouble. look at how many tens of millions they make in contracts ever year.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah who would want to be a multi millionaire getting paid bucket loads of money to kick a ball and sell boots and having woman throw themselves at you. Retards alright.....
    your chance of getting to that level is very small since your competing with literally millions of other players with the same or similar goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sure.. because a sports trainer has soo many qualifications and it's super easy to just start a new flourishing business or find a new job, esp at a time like this.

No, people that work as freelancers have a right to worry and kudos to any state that helps such people.
    BTW, don't underestimate the importance of entertainment at a time like this. People NEED distractions and breaks from their worries in order to not go bananas.
    yes fuck public health let's sacrifice more lives because people are fucking bored. here's the worlds smallest violin for them.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not mutually exclusive.

You can be worried about the economy/peoples health and football. And you can trivialize it as "just sports bro" yeah but its still part of said economy and is peoples livelihoods so of course people are gonna be worried about it.

Next you'll be saying they should just get a job at their local supermarket instead but that is just stupid. People will live their dreams over the chance of dying like they always have and theres only so long before people will do it anyway and cause a massive strain on police resources so doing these things safely is the far better option for everyone anyway.
    doing something safely out in the public in front of thousands of people with a contagious disease....that is a oxymoron. you do realize it costs money to stage these events the stadiums don't make money with empty crowds. what are they going to do charge players by the minute to play?

- - - Updated - - -

You say this as most countries are on a lockdown to flatten the curve. But sure lets assume the virus is still peaking for 2 years to suit your agenda.
    our state is on lockdown and oddly people are ignoring it. was on my way to work (work in retail.) and had to step around a bunch of people sitting in a circle on the sidewalk. dozens of people just biking around jogging walking their dogs, chatting with neighbors outside with lawn chairs like there wasn't any lockdown in effect.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The Trump telling 3M to not export thing is still dumb and applicable, though seems like... really a lot of the stuff is false coming out atm.

What you're saying never happened apparently.
    https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/USA-hab...e21693615.html
    https://translate.google.com/transla...e21693615.html
    https://www.dw.com/en/us-firm-denies...sks/a-53017112

Canada's mask shipped by DHL and went missing was a DHL error and arrived in Canada.
    https://twitter.com/DHLCanadaHelp/st...25562523586560
    https://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...r-informatique

France one also didn't happen.
    https://twitter.com/RenaudMuselier/s...43865345249283

Am just using google translate for these.
    Nice find. I wonder if Endus will walk back his statements now, though he loves to nation bash the US under the guise of being critical of the country. To think he wanted to go to war over something that will most likely end up being fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Nice find. I wonder if Endus will walk back his statements now, though he loves to nation bash the US under the guise of being critical of the country. To think he wanted to go to war over something that will most likely end up being fake news.
    trump would likely end up just launching the nukes and ending everything if that happened.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Maggie Haberman. Not surprised.
    You didn't refute anything. Or even back up your claim to begin with. Not surprised.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude, evidence of the contrary has been provided numerous times on this very thread. The virus was a result of years of malpractice by the chinese government, coupled with the stupidity of chinese traditional medicine, the desperate need for eating, and the CCP lying to save face. Ah, and bad luck. They should have banned the trade of exotic animals (alive or dead) when SARS CoV1 happened.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#7e3487833728

Found this from a cursory search of the thread for "origin". The article is an imposing wall of reasons for why a virus could never break containment of a biosafety level 4 facility, as well as a nice amount of cited stuff at the bottom, showing the origin of Trump starting to call it the Chinese virus, which was in response to tweets by someone in the Chinese Communist Party saying that it was the US military that brought the virus to China. Always funny to see small little paper trails like that proving something isn't about racism.

I don't like conspiracy theories. Especially after Epstein, the case that turned the entire country into conspiracy nuts. All I know is the more I hear about the CCP, the bigger the pit in my stomach grows. Finding alternative theories for this particular issue has kind of become intoxicating for me, even though most of it is garbage. But seeing that video with nicely cited things has made me sure about one thing. I will never believe a single thing that government tells the world. The fact they kicked all foreign reporters out of the country is pretty telling about the situation on the ground today as well.

This year has had one funny thing happen though. Tim Pool got red pilled. Never thought I'd see it happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to post on Thursday about the government tracking phones to slow the spread but didn't want to sound like I was posting a conspiracy theory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/tech/...rus/index.html

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was going to post on Thursday about the government tracking phones to slow the spread but didn't want to sound like I was posting a conspiracy theory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/tech/...rus/index.html

Yup, Google made their own tracker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    wow, this is fascinating, and also expected.

The bluest areas have 50-70% reduction in people visiting parks and about 17-18% increase of people at home.

The reddest areas though... INCEASE IN PARK GOING ACTIVITY or marginal deceases.

Mississippi has a 27% increase! The fuck are these people doing.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-04-05 at 05:18 AM.