Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    wow, this is fascinating, and also expected.

The bluest areas have 50-70% reduction in people visiting parks and about 17-18% increase of people at home.

The reddest areas though... INCEASE IN PARK GOING ACTIVITY or marginal deceases.

Mississippi has a 27% increase! The fuck are these people doing.
    Fuck the libtards, we'll get corona'd to show em'!

Or something along those lines
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

The bluest areas have 50-70% reduction in people visiting parks and about 17-18% increase of people at home.

The reddest areas though... INCEASE IN PARK GOING ACTIVITY or marginal deceases.

People turn to the government in times of crisis, those who do not trust the government in the US will be better off as the White House is still not taking this serious and still sending mixed messages. Each time a recommendation is made it is countered by the fool pretending to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I heard from a friend of mine that COVID-19 is saving lives in Chicago. The gun murder rate is down so much its off-setting COVID-19 deaths. Didn't check myself
    Maybe check for yourself before repeating something stupid? There were 85 total murders in 2019 through April 4th (101 so far this year), about 30-40 a month, there have been 243 COVID-19 deaths in Illinois in about a month and they only really picked up the last week. Do people believe there are like a 1000 murders a month in Chicago or something?
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-04-05 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I was going to post on Thursday about the government tracking phones to slow the spread but didn't want to sound like I was posting a conspiracy theory.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/tech/...rus/index.html
    even after finally acquiring a smartphone i just tend to keep mine turned off and at home making it pointless to try and track me.

- - - Updated - - -

i live in a purple state and here in my town ALMOST NOBODY is obeying the stay at home order. the police don't really seem to be too eager to enforce it either. like i posted earlier whole shit ton of people out and about today and yesterday with no obvious need to be outside other than "it's a nice day out fuck the lockdown order i want to go outside".
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Sports is fucking entertainment and when people are dying left and right in a global pandemic ENTERTAINMENT is fucking pointless shit.
    Yeah, entertainment is fucking pointless, says the person on the internet which is foremost used for consuming entertainment. Go into quarantine for 2 weeks without books, music, sports, games, and videos and then come back here and tell us how pointless entertainment is.

Is it up there with system-critical jobs, obviously not, but without it, the world would be a very dull place.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah, entertainment is fucking pointless, says the person on the internet which is foremost used for consuming entertainment. Go into quarantine for 2 weeks without books, music, sports, games, and videos and then come back here and tell us how pointless entertainment is.

Is it up there with system-critical jobs, obviously not, but without it, the world would be a very dull place.
    There are millions of books, movies, games etc. already in the world. We don't need to be creating more during an active deadly pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    You are forgetting that "Ameriga bad!"

Also, with regard to the 3M export restrictions... The rest of the world, including the EU, have already been restricting the export of essential medical supplies for weeks.

The US doing the same thing though (but only for one company, mind you)... Evil and unconscionable because, once again, "Ameriga bad!"
    Appreciated info, but your conclusion is wrong, what people were mad about was the misinformation that the US keeps foreign companies from selling to anyone but them via war defense act.

No one said anything about keeping your stuff for yourself but others stuff for yourself too.

Also, the fight between your states and that the white house confiscated medical equipment that was ordered by states didn't help.

- - - Updated - - -

There are millions of books, movies, games etc. already in the world. We don't need to be creating more during an active deadly pandemic.
    No, we don't need to create them right now, but we need to help those people too. The larger clubs and venues might be able to take the hit of getting no revenue for months upon months, but smaller clubs and venues are fucked and will go bankrupt. That's a pretty large amount of people suddenly without a job that can't simply do something else because first, no one is currently hiring and second, there are millions around the world that were laid down already. The same goes for musicians, artists and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Exactly, entertainment is actually important in a time like this. Outside activities, no. But keeping people sane while being instead and endless reports of sickness, death, poverty is important. The mental state of a lot of people isn't too well right now, all they have is the stuff that allows them to escape.

Hell I'm an introvert and I miss going outside.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like linking CNN but the video in the article is exactly what people mean when they say the average person doesn't know how to use gloves.

Even healthcare workers make the same mistakes.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/us/sp...rnd/index.html
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-04-05 at 08:26 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Trump is not fucking 6'3". Look at this photo.
    Perhaps he measures his height with hair standing up?

Trump officially stated he was 6'2'' in 2012 - and height normally goes down not up in his age-group:
    https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-height-232948

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like linking CNN but the video in the article is exactly what people mean when they say the average person doesn't know how to use gloves.

Next you are going to tell me that I shouldn't bite down on the gloves to make it easier to drag them off from my hands :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't seem to understand the severity of the situation we are facing right now. What has happened this far is just a tiny tip of the iceberg of the catastrophe to come. In a best case scenario, the western world will only suffer some millions of deaths and global shutdown of a couple of months. In a best case scenario that is.

However, even if we achieve the best case scenario here - Africa, India, South America.... the death toll there will be absolutely devastating and it will have a major impact on our economies as well.

Whatever it is that comes for us in 2021, will be our new normal. However it will be a far cry from what was normal in 2019. Mass unemployment, lots of death, economy crashing, physical distancing, lack of goods.

And people are worried about football. Open your eyes.
    Doubt it. The virus has, at best, a 5% actual mortality rate.
    Most countries you name are hopelessly overpopulated anyway. It sound mean but there will be enough replacements after this is over.
    You may see a 5% reduction in human population as "staggering" and "catastrophic", I don't.

Yes, a few luxury goods will be rarer and thus more expensive than we're used to.
    Also, I seriously doubt that the whole "physical distancing" will stick around once the outbreak is over.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52168682

"This will be probably the toughest week between this week and next week, and there will be a lot of death, unfortunately, but a lot less death than if this wasn't done but there will be death," Mr Trump said.

Derp. o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Most countries you name are hopelessly overpopulated anyway. It sound mean but there will be enough replacements after this is over.
    5% mortality rate. There are almost 8 billion people on this planet.

Do the math.
    You may see a 5% reduction in human population as "staggering" and "catastrophic", I don't.
    Then you are fucking clueless about what that means.

That's 5x WW2. Now let that sink in for a bit.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yes fuck public health let's sacrifice more lives because people are fucking bored. here's the worlds smallest violin for them.
    With our technology, it is quite easy to design professional sports events w/o the need for a filled stadium.
    The entertainment value should be nearly the same, after all only so many people fit into a stadium.
    The rest of the millions that follow these events (I don't btw) do it remotely anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i live in a purple state and here in my town ALMOST NOBODY is obeying the stay at home order. the police don't really seem to be too eager to enforce it either. like i posted earlier whole shit ton of people out and about today and yesterday with no obvious need to be outside other than "it's a nice day out fuck the lockdown order i want to go outside".
    I was outside yesterday too. After all, one needs to take a stroll sometimes. As long as you keep 2m distance to other people, a walk in the park is hardly a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

FALSE.

You assume that these people that create entertainment can somehow help in the current crisis: NEWSFLASH: they can't. They don't have the ability or the necessary knowledge. So, as long as the production of entertainment stuff can be done safely (mass sport events/concertos etc obviously can't atm), they should continue their work.

Here is an interesting history of the virus, along with some commentary afterwards.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hell-...163655629.html

Title: Hell is Coming and We Sold Out Our National Security For A Few Dollars

Let's start with some excerpts.

Let’s start from the beginning. On December 31, China notified the World Health Organization about an unknown virus causing a SARS like disease. By January 2nd, there were 44 confirmed cases in Wuhan, obviously all of which were symptomatic cases. At least 6 of these patients died.
    The first known COVID-19 death, a 61 year old male, occurred on January 9th, but China revealed this on January 11th.
    We discovered the first case of COVID-19 in the U.S. on January 21st. “A man from Washington state returned home after a trip to Wuhan, China, on Jan. 15, sought medical attention on Jan. 19 and now is in isolation at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Wash.,” according to NPR.

America is a great country, but it seems like Singapore is greater when it comes to acting fast and detecting COVID-19 infections. We started screening passengers from Wuhan on the west coast 15 days after Singapore did.
    "On January 23, 2020, the Department of State ordered the departure of all non-emergency U.S. personnel and their family members from Wuhan" the State Department said. That’s the same day China cancelled its New Year celebrations and imposed extensive travel restrictions to Wuhan and surrounding municipalities.
    The death toll in China reached 106 on January 27th if you can believe it.

On January 29th, we evacuated 195 “Deep State Department” (as Trump calls it) employees from China to California. Wouldn’t it be more beneficial for us if they stayed isolated in China and provided human intelligence in terms of the extent of the COVID-19 outbreak within China?
    On January 31st, Trump also announced that all foreign nationals who had traveled to China except the immediate family members of US citizens or permanent residents won’t be allowed into the U.S. effective February 2nd, 5 pm (EST). Better late than never, though why just China? The virus had spread to around two dozen countries by the end of January.
    On February 19th Iran confirmed its first coronavirus case and hours later reported two deaths from COVID-19. More importantly, “state news agency IRNA reported that they had not travelled abroad or even outside of Qom province prior to their deaths,” according to BBC. These two were the first two known community transmission of the new coronavirus outside of China. On that day, Trump was busy granting clemency to Blagojevich, Milken and Kerik, and the S&P 500 Index closed at 3386.

On February 21st, Italy reported the first local transmission of the new coronavirus, a 38-year male was believed to have contracted the virus after coming in contact with someone who had been to China.

On February 22nd Italy reported its first two deaths from COVID-19, two patients at two different locations.
    On February 29th, the first death from COVID-19 was reported in Washington. It is now crystal clear to us that the new coronavirus is spreading uncontrollably within the United States.
    On March 1st, New York confirmed its first case of COVID-19, a woman who recently traveled to Iran. Can you believe that New Yorkers were able to identify only a single case just a month ago?
    Part of his commentary:

This coronavirus pandemic started in China. Did you read a single story about China needing ventilators and masks over the last 3 months? There are 1.4 billion people in China and every single one of them is wearing a mask in public. Yet here, our healthcare workers can’t find any to wear.

Now, we have to go hat in hand to China and ask for ventilators, masks, and other PPEs. How can we be this helpless? Aren’t you disgusted by this? I am furious. The republican politicians failed us. The democrats failed us.
    We need a completely new mindset.
    We messed up. On March 1, according to the MSN virus tracker, on March 1, just 5 weeks ago, we had 0 confirmed deaths (contradicts the article, which says the first confirmed death was Feb 29, but whatever), and 62 confirmed cases. We had plenty of warning, mostly ignored the warnings, and 5 weeks later here we are. And it is likely to get quite a bit worse over the next month, and even worse in the month after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think you mean at worst, and the likely mortality is around 1% - some claim it might be even as low as 0.6%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are fucking clueless about what that means.

That's 5x WW2. Now let that sink in for a bit.
    0.05 * 8*10^9 = 400*10^6 dead worldwide.
    Don't get so hung up on raw numbers, my dear.

Most of those will be older folks in very poor counties that barely impact our economy at all.
    5x WWII in population loss i nothing in a world suffering from overpopulation.
    Esp since production facilities and infrastructure won't be bombed to hell and back.

Yes, corporations will have a bit of manpower shortage when it comes to trained folks with experience, so there will be a few gaps and factories won't run at capacity until new recruits are trained up to fill these positions. But the raw human material is there. Oftentimes you have people with the education that simply never found a job in the field because there were too many damn applicants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I think you mean at worst, and the likely mortality is around 1% - some claim it might be even as low as 0.6%.
    Umm poor choice of words, I was talking from the Virus' perspective.
    I think 5% is a realistic estimate, once you factor in the nonexistent health care of developing countries.
    Obviously the mortality rate will be far lower in developed countries unless health care gets overwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, entertainment is actually important in a time like this. Outside activities, no. But keeping people sane while being instead and endless reports of sickness, death, poverty is important. The mental state of a lot of people isn't too well right now, all they have is the stuff that allows them to escape.

Hell I'm an introvert and I miss going outside.

- - - Updated - - -

there are ways to entertain people that don't involve risking public health.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    time for you to provide your evidence refuting it then champ.
    No.

If I link a full of window licking video stating that aliens introduced covid 19, its not for others to refute it. Its for you to offer proper proof, not some crackpot linking foreign websites with mugshots in a language you can't even understand "champ".

gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No.

If I link a full of window licking video stating that aliens introduced covid 19, its not for others to refute it. Its for you to offer proper proof, not some crackpot linking foreign websites with mugshots in a language you can't even understand "champ".

gtfo
    Can't believe people are still peddling that it is made in a lab.
    @Fincayra read this and actually read it https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    A lot of falsehoods spread here over mortality rate vs the whole population. Take perhaps the worst hit Italy and the best case scenario. Numerator (Number of deaths = 15000) / Denominator (Population = 60,000,000) x100 = Mortality rate of 0.025%

Whilst that calculation might be a little bit out, it is no more inaccurate than scaremongering pessimists quoting unsubstantiated silly figures like 5% by purely using the denominator as from hospital admissions and then using that as though it applies to the whole population.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    A lot of falsehoods spread here over mortality rate vs the whole population. Take perhaps the worst hit Italy and the best case scenario. Numerator (Number of deaths = 15000) / Denominator (Population = 60,000,000) x100 = Mortality rate of 0.025%

Whilst that calculation might be a little bit out, it is no more inaccurate than scaremongering pessimists quoting unsubstantiated silly figures like 5% by purely using the denominator as from hospital admissions and then using that as though it applies to the whole population.
    5% is a stupid figure.
    In the Netherlands they said its 5% because they only test the worst cases, so when you need to get to the hospital you get tested.
    From those 5% will die in the hospital and that is why some think its 5%.

They forget that most people in the Netherlands that become sick are being told to stay at home and just stay there till your better for 24 hours.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-04-05 at 09:44 AM.