10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Because stupid coronavirus its spreading in my town. Yeasterday the number of cases doubled in my town.
    I still don't get the fear.
    You do realize, that in the next 1-2 years, most of us will become infected.
    It's not a matter of "IF" but "WHEN" and hopefully it will be at a time when hospitals aren't slammed, so we can get treatment if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Easter miracle!

Finland had a total of 28 corona deaths yesterday. Today it's 27!
    Beginning of Zombie apocalypse phase III .... RESURRECTION! ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's not a matter of "IF" but "WHEN" and hopefully it will be at a time when hospitals aren't slammed, so we can get treatment if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Because people are dying of it, and theres no vaccine yet?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a smoker.
    I'm aware of that.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Thanks Trump
    ???? what are you saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    ???? what are you saying.
    Because they see Trump as 'one of them' ever since since his "good people" statement after Charlottesville.

Ofcourse they would be doing the same even without Trump but he has certainly embolden them during his Presidency.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So what was the question?

Yes, but also no. They are incredibly important to world in regards to electronics and a pretty big market, so they do have a pull, just not oficially.
    It was about the medication, the reporter wanted clarification from the doctor and trump cut in and wouldn't let Fauci answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Because people are dying of it, and theres no vaccine yet?
    People die in traffic too, you don't find many people being terrified of driving in cars.
    People die from smoking, drugs, alcohol etc... yet many still shovel the crap into their bodies.

If it were Ebola, I could understand the fear, but SARS-CoV-2 has such a low mortality rate that it seems to be a bit hyperbolic to panic.

God damn the Peace dividend, if only like Finland we hadn't scaled down our Cold War inspired strategic stockpiles...
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

People die in traffic too, you don't find many people being terrified of driving in cars.
    People die from smoking, drugs, alcohol etc... yet many still shovel the crap into their bodies.

If it were Ebola, I could understand the fear, but SARS-CoV-2 has such a low mortality rate that it seems to be a bit hyperbolic to panic.
    So do you think we shouldn’t be quarantining entire counties and forcing people to stay home ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Then you aren't fucking thinking.

Ebola is difficult to spread and so will always have a relatively low infection rate because it can be easily contained

Covid19 CANNOT easily be contained and it spreads extremely quick and it has a death rate 20x that of the flu.

The death rate of the Spanish flu was also about 2% do you think people were just going overboard in 1918? I mean only 50 million people died right?

My god, why do people not think before they speak?

Hey everyone, I forgot to say any of you who work in the medical field or in essential services and are still out and about risking life and limb, thank you for all you do, I know a lot of this thread is negative so I just want you guys to know your efforts are not being forgotten and we all thank you for doing what you do in this insane time we are living in.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Well I don't know about anybody else but I now feel a lot more relaxed after reading this, but then I remembered I already know 2 people that have lost family members to this "no big deal" you are full of shit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And we take measures to lower those deaths as much as possible don't we?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hey everyone, I forgot to say any of you who work in the medical field or in essential services and are still out and about risking life and limb, thank you for all you do, I know a lot of this thread is negative so I just want you guys to know your efforts are not being forgotten and we all thank you for doing what you do in this insane time we are living in.
    Well said!

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

In 1 to 2 years we will almost definitely have a vaccine and working, verified, standardize treatment.

Now, we don’t, and hospitals are flooded in hotspots. This affects not just COVID patients, but others as well. When the hospital is full of COVID patients, your pneumonia isn’t going to be treated as efficiently.

In the meantime, slowing the spread of this disease that you admit is probably inevitable until we can handle it should be our top priority.

Hence lowering the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    In 1 to 2 years we will almost definitely have a vaccine and working, verified, standardize treatment.

Now, we don’t, and hospitals are flooded in hotspots. This affects not just COVID patients, but others as well. When the hospital is full of COVID patients, your pneumonia isn’t going to be treated as efficiently.

In the meantime, slowing the spread of this disease that you admit is probably inevitable until we can handle it should be our top priority.

I cant understand people who say that in the end most of us will become infected. No, that will not happen. Not even in the worst pandemics that ravaged humanity the majority was infected.

Or it should be better to say, that should not happen if we (as humannity) takes this seriously.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-04-06 at 02:34 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I cant understand people who say that in the end most of us will become infected. No, that will not happen. Not even in the worst pandemics that ravaged humanity the majority was infected.
    You must be new to the internet experts society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post

Or it should be better to say, that should not happen if we (as humannity) takes this seriously.
    Depends on the country, the black death hit some countries really, really hard. It might have killed between 50% and 75% of the population in italy[numbers are very hard to confirm for periods this long ago]

But with modern technology, that should not happen if the government even has half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post

In 1 to 2 years what type of world do you expect to return to? The world won't even make it to the summer with the way things are. Either peoples mental health is going to collapse or people are going to start rebelling. On top of that where do people think all this free money to keep them at home is coming from? Nothing is ever really free and people are willing to sacrifice life later for a few months now. We need to get back to life and triage this as best we can. All these countries that are in lockdown now will be infected again within 2 months of shutting it down starting the cycle all over again. When people get this through their heads that we are descending into a lot worse place than losing 4% of the population in the world then people will be able to come to grips with the fact that when we come out of this everything is going to change. I hope people don't think this quarantine can be sustained through much more than mid May without serious repercussions to all that survive. We may save 2% of the people who would have died but at what cost to the other 96% that will suffer much more for years to come.