The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

i wish you all well.
    You get what you give.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    this place is the absolute most intolerant place i've ever experienced in my life.

i wish you all well.
    Perfect example of cancel culture...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

i wish you all well.
    geeze you have the same temperment as trump. donny is that you?

Go all tar tar, spread misinformation, and make ignorant comments then act all the victim once people call you on the bullshit.

The hardest thing in life is being able to admit you were wrong. I figure on the internet it would be easier since no one knows who you are, but nope.

Good luck in life son, reflect on what you have learned this week.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus...ls-say-1529576

This is how easy it is to cause an outbreak. One wedding with a few dozen attendees, one sick person, well over a hundred new cases directly traced back to it and likely far more that haven't been discovered yet.
    I hope they all get a fine, at the very least, for so carelessly putting peoples lives in danger. Its outrageous that any venue was even allowed to book such an event.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not intolerance to bring facts to a discussion and then request facts to support your counter claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Here is the thing, that word is absent purely as a "gotcha" card. The fact they approved it for use means exactly that, they think it could be a cure despite all evidence suggesting its useless except to possibly help some recover faster. Heck, that is exactly what it means for the FDA to use the EUA, that it needs to be thought of to be able to cure, prevent, or diagnose something. We already know this drug does none of that. Its been studied by other agencies. As long as they say the same thing that you did, they can waive all bad press away by saying "well, we didn't explicitly say the word cure" while we all know that is what their hoping.

And no, logically speaking, throwing anything at is is the absolute last thing anyone should be doing during an emergency. Doing so runs the risk that you waste time in the best case scenario, and make it far worse in the worst case. Its absolutely not whats supposed to happen unless you're desperate and are facing utter extinction. While this is bad, we are not facing extinction. Heck, it wouldn't even be this bad if our president in the US was competent. Our country has single handily made this thing look FAR worse then what it could have been.

Now we have the FDA just throwing things out there, which can make things worse. Remember the last time they tried it with something else? They had to revoke its use because it was causing serious cardiac issue. Further showing that you need to be careful more then anything during this with what you allow to be used. Especially when its already been shown to not be effective.
    There are many studies - and cases - in which Remdesivir proved to be quite effective, actually. Which is not surprising, given it had been selected because of its effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2's cousin (MERS). You should also remember that the US is not the world and the FDA is an US thing. So is the CDC for that matter, and even international organizations such as the WHO have been giving contradictory statements amount a great deal of things, starting with the effectiveness of PPE and guidelines for their use. The WHO suggested Remdesivir could prove one of the best treatments as early as February by the way, and they haven't recanted that statement that I know of. What I know is that many EU states are scrambling to get their hands on Remdesivir because evidently it's successful in many cases, and they're running out of doses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    There are many studies - and cases - in which Remdesivir proved to be quite effective, actually. Which is not surprising, given it had been selected because of its effectiveness against SARS-CoV-2's cousin (MERS). You should also remember that the US is not the world and the FDA is an US thing. So is the CDC for that matter, and even international organizations such as the WHO have been giving contradictory statements amount a great deal of things, starting with the effectiveness of PPE and guidelines for their use. The WHO suggested Remdesivir could prove one of the best treatments as early as February by the way, and they haven't recanted that statement that I know of. What I know is that many EU states are scrambling to get their hands on Remdesivir because evidently it's successful in many cases, and they're running out of doses.
    Right now, the EU has studies showing its not effective, as linked in my first comment. It barely helped patients to recover faster. The US is also currently buying all of the worlds supply. The only thing I found was what the EU bought for its trials a few months ago.

While some experts are optimistic, this drug will not have gone through the proper tests for Covid and in the test it did do, 28% of the patients developed serious, adverse side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It seems the daily reported cases are increasing once again and we will have a new record any day now; due to increases in India and Europe.

And Brazil and India have now both passed the 4 million reported cases mark, and the US entered the top-10 list in terms of reported deaths per capita (despite under-reporting).

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, the EU has studies showing its not effective, as linked in my first comment. It barely helped patients to recover faster.
    Unfortunately that seems to be the case. If it had helped with faster recovery that would have been helpful in countries with high number of cases - when running out of ventilators and hospital beds.

After all this effort on expensive drugs it's ironic that the best ones so far are cheap drugs like dexamethasone.

Right now, the EU has studies showing its not effective, as linked in my first comment. It barely helped patients to recover faster. The US is also currently buying all of the worlds supply. The only thing I found was what the EU bought for its trials a few months ago.

While some experts are optimistic, this drug will not have gone through the proper tests for Covid and in the test it did do, 28% of the patients developed serious, adverse side effects.
    Studies are contradictory. Some show promise, some don't. And it's probably worth noting that given the time table we're operating on, no drug will have the time to go through the proper tests, vaccines included. Steps had to be taken at a legislatory level in order to make sure that they wouldn't have to go through the "proper tests". If we were to stick to the non-emergency timetables, we'd have to wait three or four times more for the vaccines. Evidently we can't wait that much.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday was indeed a new record high daily new case count, at just shy of 300k. Yesterday also marks the new record high 7-day rolling average so far at 264.5k.

More and more kids are heading back to school, and the traditional flu season is right around the corner...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yesterday was indeed a new record high daily new case count, at just shy of 300k. Yesterday also marks the new record high 7-day rolling average so far at 264.5k.

More and more kids are heading back to school, and the traditional flu season is right around the corner...
    We in Finland are having more and more mass exposures to the virus, not many infections yet. But schools, student parties etc. are becoming a real concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US did pass Sweden in Deaths/1m pop, and Sweden have a very low number of deaths now (looking at the trend, not individual days) Time to give Sweden some recognition of there course of action. It was always a marathon and not a sprint.

+ Sweden was ruthlessly "honest" and counted all who did die and was infected as a "corona death" in the statistic, despite other diseases and illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

US did pass Sweden in Deaths/1m pop, and Sweden have a very low number of deaths now (looking at the trend, not individual days) Time to give Sweden some recognition of there course of action. It was always a marathon and not a sprint.

+ Sweden was ruthlessly "honest" and counted all who did die and was infected as a "corona death" in the statistic, despite other diseases and illness.
    Yea, mad shout out to Sweden, one of the least densely populated countries on earth for this

This is more about how badly America is doing at the moment. Not how well (or otherwise) Sweden is doing. And for the record, Sweden with its low population density and low population is doing shittily compared to similar countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to give Sweden some recognition of there course of action. It was always a marathon and not a sprint.
    How about no.
    And even this isn't true.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How about no.
    So how long is a sprint then?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And even this isn't true.
    and your source is?

Meh... talking about finland, I have been looking at the official numbers for where I live and there are about as much confirmed infections now as it was at start of may.

I knew it was not going to be gone yet, but I wanted to believe it would come back slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yea, mad shout out to Sweden, one of the least densely populated countries on earth for this :rolleyes.
    How many peopel do you think live in "Norrland" most of the population is concentrated around the coast in the South.

10+ Year Old Account
    Croatia reported 311 new cases of infection.

How many peopel do you think live in "Norrland" most of the population is concentrated around the coast in the South.
    Look at Finland and Norway and tell me Sweden is doing a good job.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

To verify this consider:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ross-countries

For that time-period Sweden had 5,787 covid deaths, and 5,340 excess deaths; so more covid deaths than excess deaths.

That could be due to decrease in other deaths (e.g., flu), random variations, or possibly even minor overcounting of covid deaths. (Hold your US-centric arguments; see https://spectator.us/percentage-covi...otland-sweden/ - but remember that it is a small non-representative study. And the over-counted ones weren't run over by a bus, but died of pre-existing severe diseases.)

That seems a common trend in the region, Denmark had 579 covid deaths and 459 excess deaths, and Norway 228 covid deaths, and negative 198 excess deaths; and Germany shining with accuracy with 9,115 covid deaths and 9,193 excess deaths.

For comparison Britain had 13% more excess deaths than covid deaths, Italy 25% more, US 40% more, Spain 54%, Peru 180%, Portugal 236%, and finally Jakarta 758%!

Obviously some of that can also be random variations, or other causes, and even excess deaths might not be accurately counted yet.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-09-05 at 10:56 AM.

I'm absolutely terrified by the reopening of schools in Europe. Thankfully I don't seem to be alone in that, as I've noticed a surge in the number of people diligently wearing PPE - on the other hand politicians formed task forces to tackle the epidemic... and they don't listen to them. Some countries have such ridiculous measures it's gonna be a disaster. Take Italy for instance: social distancing will have to be enforced inside the schools but not on public transportation (which won't be able to carry everyone unless the lowered capacity measures are lifted or the infrastructure gets enhanced which won't happen). Plus, apparently masks will only be mandatory for high schoolers and up. Or those aged 11 and up (the Minister of Public Education likes to change guidelines every 48 hours at least, leaving principals and deans in utter chaos, so much so that many stated - along majors - that they'll refuse to reopen, which is a very sensible idea to me). Disregarding all the evidence against one meter being enough, and the fact that children are the most dangerous carriers because they are the most likely group to not develop any symptom but carry the same viral load that adults do.
    And of course people who don't suffer from Herod's syndrome (which is an Italian idiom to indicate a dislike towards children) perceive them as less dangerous because you know, children are generally perceived as cute and not harmful, plus they have to play, socialize and be hugged... yeah, it's gonna be a disaster.
    Thankfully I managed to instill a healthy amount of paranoia in my relatives and employees who have kids. I'll still probably flee back to my house in the middle of no where, CH. No schools nearby, and a much more competent government handling things.