Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...s-has-covid-19

Anti-mask governor and his wife both test positive for the virus.
    There are a lot of people who don't take the coronavirus seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post

Small offtopic comment: you use JPG format for photos. For charts containing few colors and sharp edges you use PNG, better quality that way.

P.S. Next time I'm here, I'll make a respectful post about this silly feud, not for PhaelixWW's case but for others.
    You two are just embroiled in a pointless argument that isn't actually proving or disproving anything.

"Nu uh, you needs to not exclude so much!" "Nu-uh, your date was 2 days out"

What a joke.

Hopefully karma bites him in the ass, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Umm, speaking of covid vaccine research and development: "Study of over 50,000 volunteers in China shows Coronavac safety"

https://www.saopaulo.sp.gov.br/notic...-da-coronavac/

So, it seems that we have a success. Good news is, China is willing to supply MASSIVE amounts of doses to Africa/Asia/Latin America (where i live, yay). Bad news is... well, i dont see the Chinese being so keen on giving the vaccine to the US.
    On a practical note, I can't imagine Americans would take too kindly to getting Chinese vaccines. It just would not happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    On a practical note, I can't imagine Americans would take too kindly to getting Chinese vaccines. It just would not happen.
    I can't imagine anyone from the West would take kindly to shoddy and shady Chinese vaccines. If they engineered their COVID-19 numbers, you can bet they also would engineer data for this too to make it look far more reliable than it might actually be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I trust a Chinese made vaccine about as far as I could throw your average Chinese citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I can't imagine anyone from the West would take kindly to shoddy and shady Chinese vaccines. If they engineered their COVID-19 numbers, you can bet they also would engineer data for this too to make it look far more reliable than it might actually be.
    If it passes independent reviews and verified data shows it works, why not?

I mean, not everyone is a rampant xenophobe. China is fucked up in a lotta ways, but I mean, are we gonna start throwing away everything made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    they don't even like the flu vaccines, and those are made in murica

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Hopefully karma bites him in the ass, hard.
    i'll settle for a lifetime of medical complications because of COVID so that people can say "we told you so" for the rest of his life....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.wmfe.org/gov-desantis-pr...andemic/164921

Have we talked about how Governor Floridaman DeSantis is still pushing to get kids and young adults infected with the virus, increasing their chances for further health complications later in life if they contract the virus including an increased chance of Parkinsons?

Because like, holy shit it sure seems like one particular party in the US is some sorta weird freaky death cult trying to get as many people infected as possible.

There is one problem with cases like these - they seem to get a light infection usually and thus it gives them nothing more than just another reason to handwave it away.
    Case in point - Bolsonaro.

It is sociopathic, but... I would love for them to have it hard, being stuck with ventilator. At least then some of them would change their minds - close brush with death tends to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and? I made a statement, and then referenced it later.
    No, lol, you changed your statement, also known as "goalpost-shifting".

Because of your "there can be only one (peak)" ...quirk... and because you're incapable of admitting you're wrong, you're attacking me for 1.5 months over your own mistake. Give up already.
    Still can't grasp the definition of a peak, huh? And no, I've been correcting you for 1.5 months, because you keep getting it wrong. There's a simple solution to that, you know; I wouldn't be correcting you if you stopped being wrong.

Let's roll with your 8% number, wherever you pulled it from.
    Um... math. I "pulled" it from math. World 7-day average without the top three: 98375 on 7/31 and 106354 on 8/31. That's an 8.1% increase.

When it was declining, you said 2.6% over a week is not statistically demonstrative.
    Hmm, no, I said it was not statistically demonstrative evidence of a peak, meaning that it wasn't a significant enough drop to indicate a new wave, which would be necessary in order for it to have been a peak.

When it was rising, less than 2% per week is even more not statistically demonstrative, according to yourself. Busted.
    Lulz, sure. A rise of 2% in a week is also not demonstrative evidence of a peak. Not that, you know, any amount of rise can ever be demonstrative evidence of a peak because, I mean, it's still going up. Which it is. Going up. Still. As in "has not yet peaked".

Man, you really have a hard time with simple concepts.

And if you only remove India but not USA+Brazil, your chart will show decline. You're employing disingenuous lying tactics which makes you a bad person, but you're not a stupid person - that's why you were dodging my question.
    You: How dare you only remove downward-trending countries!
    Me: Well, that's not really what I was doing, but okay... here's the graph without the top three instead, showing the same overall trend.
    You: How dare you remove the top three, that's ridiculous!
    Me: No, because removing the top three is fair, because they're more or less balanced...
    You: Ridiculous! Why don't you remove just India, huh?!
    Me: Wait, you didn't want me to remove the top downward-trending countries, but now you want me to remove just the top upward-trending country? Isn't that a tad hypocritical?
    You: You're just a gaslighting, disingenuous, lying bad person!
    Me: Ooookay. I think maybe it's time for your nap, kiddo.

What's obvious to every adult in the room:

The chart of USA + India + Brazil has had noticeable fluctuations, but those countries have relatively balanced each other out for the last two months...

...while the rest of the world has consistently and steadily increased throughout, with a definite uptick recently. During the same two-month period (7/25-9/23) in which the top three have balanced each other out, the rest of the world has increased 34%:

The longer you keep up this charade, the more obviously and hilariously wrong your statement is proven to be.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-09-24 at 09:06 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...vid-death-toll

Tillis, who like Ernst and Marshall is facing a tight re-election race, told a caller in a virtual town hall that she was “absolutely right” when she said the 200,000 deaths from COVID-19 really include deaths “from things like heart attacks and slip and falls," just because the people "have COVID in their system."

“You’re making a very, very important point,’’ Tillis said. “In fact, we understand that 95 percent of the deaths were co-morbidities," he added.

The remarks from Tillis echo the widely debunked theory that COVID-19 deaths in the United States are just a fraction of the total recorded by health officials.
    In which, yet again, a sitting Republican elected official, and a Senator, repeats the debunked misinformation that the US coronavirus death toll is massively inflated. This party is going to fucking cripple this country between the needless deaths they're causing now and the long-term health effects for the millions of folks who survive.

haven't worn a mask in 2 weeks XD
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-25 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    Are you saying you live somewhere it's under control or are you saying you're stupid?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-25 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Just skimmed a Twitter headline but apparently masks are inoculating wears against the virus. I didn't read the full article but I know the "theory" behind it.

Mask DO limit the amount of virus you may inhale even if it's just a cloth mask. So in theory, you could inhale enough to trigger a immune response but not enough to contract the illness. Could happen once, or over time. It's like if your body was exposed to very small viral loads every day, it will eventual 'remember' the virus as if it found off a full blown illness.

Even if not 100% verified in a lab it's just another reason to wear your mask.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Don’t you want Trump to win? You can get one, your money helps the campaign, you own the libs while wearing it... what are they going to do, tell you to take your mask off? and support Trump’s campaign! Only 15 bucks? That’s a steal... dude... I dare you to get one and wear everywhere, to own the libs:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/collec...el-accessories

#WearTrumpMaskOwnLibs
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There is one problem with cases like these - they seem to get a light infection usually and thus it gives them nothing more than just another reason to handwave it away.
    Case in point - Bolsonaro.

It is sociopathic, but... I would love for them to have it hard, being stuck with ventilator. At least then some of them would change their minds - close brush with death tends to do that.
    You'd think so, but Boris Johnson still exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    My country hit a new record today. 190 new infections in single day.

Good job...don't let communists throw away God's wonderful breathing system.

very scary from what is happening in the world now.