15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Yet another fucking lockdown here in Dublin despite living on the border... ffs. Garda turning people around on the roads.
    Border of what?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Border of what?
    County Dublin. People living in the county aren't allowed out of it. My local town is a 5 minute drive which is in Meath, and I got told to turn around...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-27 at 09:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    County Dublin. People living in the county aren't allowed out of it. My local town is a 5 minute drive which is in Meath, and I got told to turn around...
    Oh...

The whole Dublin is quarantined?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Oh...

The whole Dublin is quarantined?
    For the next 3 weeks... /yay

Quote Originally Posted by Thenadrys View Post
    Sweden didn't lock down and their economic contraction ended up being marginally worse than all of their neighbors in spite of it. Not sure why that is though.
    Sweden had more deaths than most of the countries around it combined.

This coronavirus is the most awful thing ever, I hope that everything is going to okay soon

10+ Year Old Account
    And here comes Georgia burying data.

https://www.ajc.com/education/georgi...O4TRMVPR2SWUE/

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Damn they can't even lie like some places do.

Foolishness. The real COVID19 conspiracy is the one that tries to downplay and hide it, thus making it an even bigger problem.

Spring, summer, and a sizeable portion of fall has already been canceled. Christmas doesn't stand a chance does it?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i just read some news and i found a interesting thing. A pair from another country (with a baby) wanted to enter a grocery store here, but they were stoped by a security and asked to put on a mask. However the husband rather attacked the security guard than put on a mask.

Can we please close the borders now?
    I wont be suprised if they were from Sweden (news didnt say wich country).

Ljubljana police officers were informed about a fight in one of the shops in Šiška. They found that a couple with a child tried to enter the store, but did not use protective masks. The security guard warned them - the woman heeded the warning and the man punched the security guard in the face. The security guard then tried to keep the bully in place, but the man started beating him, which lasted until another security guard came and calmed him down. The injured security guard was transported to the University Medical Center Ljubljana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Spring, summer, and a sizeable portion of fall has already been canceled. Christmas doesn't stand a chance does it?
    In the US? I seriously doubt it.
    In Germany? We will see.
    Odds are that numbers will remain low (compared to the US, that is), so I don't think they will end up restricting families from spending the evening together.

Large events and "Christmas markets" might be a no-no. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

I really want to know when the Republican party became a death cult in the US.

Hmm...
    US: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus report a sharp increase in the positive rate in the US up from 4 to 6% - while confirmed cases stay constant (and thus tests drop a lot). It may be that it is not fully happening - but helped by delayed reporting, but that doesn't seem entirely positive either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, so much Sweden bashing here.
    The way the corona deaths in Sweden are calculated is if a near-death 90-year-old had several diseases along with corona and dies, they are added to the corona death pool. Even if they would have died from one of their other diseases.

There's also a reason why Sweden is often wrongly called "the rape capital of the world", while in fact, it isn't. It just calculates rape differently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The way the corona deaths in Sweden are calculated is if a near-death 90-year-old had several diseases along with corona and dies, they are added to the corona death pool. Even if they would have died from one of their other diseases.
    So just like all other countries in Europe.....?

Quote Originally Posted by JammEr21 View Post
    This coronavirus is the most awful thing ever, I hope that everything is going to okay soon
    It's not, people out there recording 5x-10x reported are false record death cert fiance "C19 releated." I'll tell you something for real. Couple weeks ago, A classmate of mine has committed suicide due to depression for long time and the family found out that his death was recorded as "coronavirus-19 related." So Any deaths are automatically "coronavirus related" Infected or non infected. I'm not saying coronavirus 19 is fake cuz it was already well documented and it's in small cases. Right now today it's UP AND DOWN cases. C19 THERE, C19 THAT OH C19 THAT OH HOLY SHIT C19 lives in a pineapple under the sea!! Honestly, DO whatever you do ppl.

There's also a reason why Sweden is often wrongly called "the rape capital of the world", while in fact, it isn't. It just calculates rape differently.
    ...isn't that how literally all countries are reporting deaths? You can have multiple comorbidities that make you more vulnerable to the virus that would have not otherwise killed a person without the complicating factor of covid.

This is a common argument amongst the conservative crowd that tries to downplay the number of deaths caused by the virus, and it's an argument that no doctors or scientists have found much weight in so far.

In Holland the first studies have shown that the majority of infections, even after lockdown are primarily happening in migrant populations (50% more than natives). Reason most likely being weddings and other cultural events while not upholding the rules local authorities put in place.

Not to derail this but im curious as to how those numbers hold up in other european countries.
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2020-09-28 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    ...isn't that how literally all countries are reporting deaths? You can have multiple comorbidities that make you more vulnerable to the virus that would have not otherwise killed a person without the complicating factor of covid.
    It's not that simple - most countries under-report the deaths by various amounts.

Whether that is because comorbidity-cases are just ignored - or whether no-one has checked if the dead person had covid-19 isn't clear.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ross-countries

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a common argument amongst the conservative crowd that tries to downplay the number of deaths caused by the virus, and it's an argument that no doctors or scientists have found much weight in so far.
    Context matters.

It's not credible in the US, since the number of excess deaths exceed the number of covid-deaths by a 10-20% (can't remember exact numbers).
    It's clearly not credible in the capital Moscow where excess deaths are three times the number of covid-deaths.
    And globally it's similar; there's a reason the Economist estimated that perhaps an additional million have died unreported of covid; putting the total at 2 millions dead.
    It may be a minor factor in Sweden where covid-deaths have exceeded excess deaths (but it can also be random variations).

In western Europe it seems that Germany, France, Denmark, Norway and some more seem to have correct numbers; whereas Spain, Italy, uk, the Netherlands and Portugal seems to have under-reported covid-deaths.
    In S. America and Africa it also seems as if there is severe under-reporting.

Obviously some will argue that all those deaths are due to the lockdowns; very doubtful.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-09-28 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, the fact that Sweden's excess mortality is almost the exact total of their COVID-19 deaths indicates that no, they wouldn't have died from one of their other diseases during this pandemic so far.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And yet, the fact that Sweden's excess mortality is almost the exact total of their COVID-19 deaths indicates that no, they wouldn't have died from one of their other diseases during this pandemic so far.
    You are confusing Sweden with Germany:
    https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...ross-countries

Sweden Mar 18th-Aug 11th 5,787 covid-deaths, 5,340 excess deaths; so 7% over-reporting.
    Germany Mar 18th-Jul 28th 9,115 covid-deaths, 9,193 excess deaths; spot on.
    United States Mar 8th-Aug 1st, 152,611 covid-deaths, 214,812 excess deaths; 40% under-reporting (depends on how you count percentages etc).

Obviously excess deaths are an estimate, and they naturally vary between years - so it depends on the exact model used.