https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/sta...38796721348608

And Trump's headed to Walter Reed for treatment. Between the language mirroring what we saw after Boris Johnson and Herman Caine got the virus and the fact that he's already going to the hospital, this is not good news.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    The WHO has given some inconsistent messaging on Mask wearing,
    Their consistent message has been to use physical distancing and wash hands; since there is good evidence for that.

People have hoped for various wonder-solutions, but WHO haven't given us that - magic bullets rarely exist.

So, yes:
    -You seem like you're grasping straws, The Studies Provided have already Factored Testing into their Studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    People have hoped for various wonder-solutions, but WHO haven't given us that - magic bullets rarely exist.
    None of the studies have suggested it was a magical bullet, there is still enough Evidence to suggest Mask Wearing is effective in reducing transmission, it definitely should not be the only policy or precaution in place if you want to reduce the spread of infections.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-02 at 10:01 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    None of the studies have suggested it was a magical bullet, there is still enough Evidence to suggest Mask Wearing is effective,
    The studies haven't suggested that it's a magical bullet - but people have.

The basics remains:
    It may stop the spread if people are too close together.

If you practice physical distancing you aren't close together.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-10-02 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoy Lat View Post
    The election goes forward on nov 3. That's set in the constitution.
    No it isn't. That falls to state legislatures, with Congress having an override.

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing [sic] Senators.
    And Congress used that power to set the national election day as "The Tuesday next after the 1st Monday in November", which happens to be the 3rd this year.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/2/7

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://thehill.com/changing-america...-antibody-drug

Huh, wonder why Trump is taking the Hydroxychloroquine that he spent so many months promoting.

I mean, he took a regimen of the drug back in May, wonder why it didn't protect him?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ne/5253492002/

Honestly, I sympathize a ton with all the people cheering and hoping for Trump's demise. Fox News is bemoaning these people and the other networks for even DARING to talk about it, but if Biden had got Covid Fox would have on "priests" every hour saying God was punishing Joe. 200,000+ dead Americans and for months Trump and Fox News dismissed every fucking basic thing that could have been done to slow or stop the spread. 200,000+ dead Americans and Fox News claimed the lock downs were a democratic hoax to tank the economy to get Biden elected. So fuck them, fuck Trump, fuck Melania, fuck Fox viewers, fuck Trump supporters. Good thing Trump's medical record showed he is in the fittest of possible conditions for his age so he should have nothing to worry about. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Cheer on Trump haters. Cheer on!
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-03 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/sta...38796721348608

And Trump's headed to Walter Reed for treatment. Between the language mirroring what we saw after Boris Johnson and Herman Caine got the virus and the fact that he's already going to the hospital, this is not good news.
    Most likely they are just not risking it and avoiding wasting time later, he is the POTUS after all and all risks have to be mitigated, therefore it is better to sit at the hospital.
    I would like to have him meet ventilator, though - it might finally make him say a bit less bullshit afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    fuck Melania
    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Honestly, I sympathize a ton with all the people cheering and hoping for Trump's demise. Fox News is bemoaning these people and the other networks for even DARING to talk about it, but if Biden had got Covid Fox would have on "priests" every hour saying God was punishing Joe. 200,000+ dead Americans and for months Trump and Fox News dismissed every fucking basic thing that could have been done to slow or stop the spread.
    This is really only a reason to sympathize with people frustrated at hypocrisy and the failure of the administration, not join in with them. The rest of this is like a crazed blood-frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is really only a reason to sympathize with people frustrated at hypocrisy and the failure of the administration, not join in with them. The rest of this is like a crazed blood-frenzy.
    According to Donald Trump it is nothing 99 percent of the time. I don't understand why the right is freaking out they have spent months dismissing the virus as people died. They should be laughing at libs getting hopeful over a fake hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    According to Donald Trump it is nothing 99 percent of the time. I don't understand why the right is freaking out they have spent months dismissing the virus as people died. They should be laughing at libs getting hopeful over a fake hoax.
    I'm not seeing how that's relevant to what I said. My point is I don't see how you go from Fox News hypocrisy to essentially joining in on what they're doing.

Honestly I get people's reactions. For once a "rich" and powerful man is held accountable for his actions and the literal blood on his hands as he played TV personality with lives on the line. Only problem is it didn't come from our own justice system.

I'm not seeing how that's relevant to what I said. My point is I don't see how you go from Fox News hypocrisy to essentially joining in on what they're doing.
    I don't see how it is the same because if what Fox News and the right say are true then they should not be concerned with these reactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t understand why we can’t treat Trump, like he obviously wants to be treated. Why should he get special treatment? Is it the money?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t understand why we can’t treat Trump, like he obviously wants to be treated. Why should he get special treatment? Is it the money?
    Or more appropriately treat him the way he treated the people who have died from COVID-19, it is what is and all that.

From the daily fail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Barrett.html

Seems that some need a reminder that sitting this close together isn't good when there is a virus spreading:

Neither is greeting people like this:

And as a quiz - did you see that he actually has a mask?

Spoiler: https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/s...68663374712833
    (You might notice someone facepalming in the background - don't do that; touching your face with your hand isn't good.)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legit wish it was made illegal to go out without a mask. Too many fucktards not realising that the mask isn't just to stop you getting it, it's to stop you from infecting people if you have covid.

As someone who is at very high risk of dying if I was to get it (badly immunocomprimised, with Crohn's Disease, Vitamin A, B12, D, K defficencies. I have to be infused with a drug called Infliximab every 8 weeks), when ever I see someone go into a public place without one, I just want to slap them silly. I rarely go out as it is thanks to this pandemic. I do all my shopping at 3am in the morning just to lower the risk to myself, yet you get fucking Karens and Kyles with "I cAn'T bReAtH"....

Just fuck off and die. Really. I hate wearing the mask as much as the next person. Poeple who refuse to wear mask should just get hit by a fucking scud missle imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The studies haven't suggested that it's a magical bullet - but people have.

The basics remains:
    It may stop the spread if people are too close together.

If you practice physical distancing you aren't close together.
    Which is why Germany only mandates them in situations where you are close together: shops and public transportation.
    Not some idiocy like Spain: wearing masks when walking alone on the beach.. lawl.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I sympathize a ton with all the people cheering and hoping for Trump's demise.
    I think that is in poor taste, no matter how idiotic the man behaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Just fuck off and die. Really. I hate wearing the mask as much as the next person. Poeple who refuse to wear mask should just get hit by a fucking scud missle imo.
    So.. uuuh what exactly makes your life worth more than theirs?
    Theoretically they could just turn your entire argument around and say "just let nature take it's course with this guy".

Not advocating for you to die or anything, merely pointing out how idiotic your stance is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think that is in poor taste, no matter how idiotic the man behaves.
    Perhaps but when presented with a choice, either he dies or he is not really sick and claims to be cured to peddle a cure and/or vaccine that is not safe endangering the lives of millions just for electoral purposes my choice is simple. And let's not pretend such behaviour is beyond that PoS because it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    IIRC the dark figure is sth around x10, so I'd expect around 300M had the bug at this point.
    Some new data on how that depends on the country.

India recently did a sero survey and found that the dark figure was down from about 100 earlier this year to about 26-32; https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...e32724694.ece#!
    which indicates that about 7% have been infected in India - with higher numbers in urban slums (15%), than non-slums (8%) and rural areas (4%).

If that is the case globally we are at about 1 billion infected; compared to 34 million reported cases.