10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Perhaps but when presented with a choice, either he dies or he is not really sick and claims to be cured to peddle a cure and/or vaccine that is not safe endangering the lives of millions just for electoral purposes my choice is simple. And let's not pretend such behaviour is beyond that PoS because it is not.
    Surely them an does not have a chance at another term. America cannot be THAT far gone, can it?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    If that is the case globally we are at about 1 billion infected; compared to 34 million reported cases.
    If that is the case, then I really don't get the fuss about this whole thing.
    Problem is: we don't know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Surely them an does not have a chance at another term. America cannot be THAT far gone, can it?!
    It could take months to years for negative side effects to show up, meanwhile a "miracle" cure and yes i use miracle on purpose here has been sold.

Trump does have a good chance at winning the election because he is using the full power of the US government as part of his campaign something never done before. Every department every agency is under pressure to do what it takes for him to win including the CDC and the FDA which is why any vaccine cannot be trusted.

If that is the case, then I really don't get the fuss about this whole thing.
    Problem is: we don't know for sure.
    True, another study from India made this more confusing again:
    https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...bd7672.full#F1
    (Side-note: I find Chandra Mohan's affiliation interesting: "Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes, and Minorities Welfare Department, Government of Tamil".)

It indicates that most of the spread is from a few super-spreaders, whereas most infected don't infect anyone; and that most of the spread is in the same age group - and in addition to same-age spread the figures show that 30-40 year olds are the main spreaders; both in terms of infecting children and the elderly. (The spread to children look as though parents spread it to their kids, and they get kids at 30.)

However, the odd part is case-fatality ratio. For the elderly it seems to match the numbers from Spain, China, and S. Korea earlier in the pandemic, i.e. about 15% - but for the younger ones it's higher; 1.3% vs around 0.4% for China and Spain (whereas S. Korea had 0.08%) for 40-49.

It doesn't seem that less good treatment or larger under-reporting can explain that age-difference. One possibility would be that it's a bit of those factors, and that the elderly in India at the start are less ill, due to less obesity and similar causes, and also that the most severely ill elderly had already died of other diseases.

Note that Andra Pradesh is actually doing good now, with low number of positive cases (below 5%).

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't see how it is the same because if what Fox News and the right say are true then they should not be concerned with these reactions.
    Right - you have a valid reason to think they're hypocrites and sympathize with those who feel the same way. Where does wishing ill on people come in to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Right - you have a valid reason to think they're hypocrites and sympathize with those who feel the same way. Where does wishing ill on people come in to play?
    Some people just don't notice they became the very same thing they are fighting.

/shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t understand why we can’t treat Trump, like he obviously wants to be treated. Why should he get special treatment? Is it the money?
    because wishing death on others is not allowed on these forums. if you want to do that 4chan is that way ->.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Some people just don't notice they became the very same thing they are fighting.

/shrug
    I don't want him to die honestly him going to the hospital is enough hopefully his supporters will start wearing masks and socially distance we can still save 100K lives if people like Trump would just listen to the doctors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is basically Schroedinger's COVID-19 because if they believe what they do how can it be wishing ill upon anyone? after all COVID-19 is just a little flu blown up by the liberal media and 99 % of people nothing happens to them. If they don't believe in COVID-19 how can they be wished ill? they should just be laughing it all off.

210K people died we are heading towards 250K by November all I can hope for is that this is a wake up call for those idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump does have a good chance at winning the election because he is using the full power of the US government as part of his campaign something never done before. Every department every agency is under pressure to do what it takes for him to win including the CDC and the FDA which is why any vaccine cannot be trusted.
    That's insane. This almost reads like a dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because wishing death on others is not allowed on these forums. if you want to do that 4chan is that way ->.
    how can you kill something that is already dead on the inside?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 3 states out of 50 in the United States are on a decline. 50.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

That's insane. This almost reads like a dictatorship.
    Its because the virus highlights just how far they will go to not care about anyone but themselves. They don't care that the current POTUS has no plan to combat this and no real cure. They don't care that over 200k have died. They don't care that he fired the entire pandemic task force long ago. If the country goes down during the pandemic, they'll find someone or something else to blame other then the orange turd that drove the car into the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Only 3 states out of 50 in the United States are on a decline. 50.
    And Trump seems to have infected the entire republican party leadership in congress literally this time with COVID-19 with his recklessness.

And it spins outta control in the Netherlands... 3000 new cases last week, per day, now 4000 and riding.

I honestly wonder if it is really worth trying to contain it at this point rather then burning itself out.

As far as I can tell we are never going to eliminate it. It seems more like just drawing out the hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I honestly wonder if it is really worth trying to contain it at this point rather then burning itself out.

As far as I can tell we are never going to eliminate it. It seems more like just drawing out the hurt.
    Considering we are still figuring out what long term harm this virus can cause, yes it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Considering we are still figuring out what long term harm this virus can cause, yes it is worth it.
    I understand there is consequences to either choice. It is just getting to the point that trying to prevent it is so ineffective I wonder if it is truely worth the effort.

I haven't even seen a reliable supply of rated masks since this started rather then the placebo cloth ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand there is consequences to either choice. It is just getting to the point that trying to prevent it is so ineffective I wonder if it is truely worth the effort.
    I for one propose a system where you can earn X number of days ignoring COVID related restrictions in exchange for an equal number of days spent digging graves for COVID victims.

Barring that; no. If you're seriously trying to argue that saving lives is not "worth the effort" when the only avoidable hurt being done is to your stock options - suck it up, buttercup. Your income isn't worth anyone's life.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-05 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Considering this strategy would lead to way more deaths, way more short/longterm medical problems, more people sick, more suffering, more chaos etc....naw.

10+ Year Old Account
    hoping for others to die. stay classy mmo-c.
    i 100% fully support the death penalty. deal with it.
    Uh huh. How... versatile of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?