Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Trump should be praised for conquering COVID. Not shamed
    First, he hasn't conquered it.

Second, due to his position he has a VASTLY different standard of care than pretty much anyone else on the planet, so he's a special case and his message that we shouldn't be afraid of it because we have the best medicine is incredibly disingenuous.

Third, I don't really see anyone shaming him because he seems to be doing well (which isn't even confirmed yet, he's just putting on a brave face) they're shaming him because of how he's reacting and responding to his infection. Over 200,000 people have died from it for various reasons, some even when they WERE treated by "the best medicine" and he's saying to not be afraid of it.... after months and months of downplaying it, making fun or making light of people wearing masks, calling it the Chinese virus and only after he and practically his entire staff and everyone close to him getting it is he even pretending to take this seriously.

I don't wish death on anyone, and I do hope he recovers, but him getting COVID after all the shit he's pulled these last 7 months of him downplaying it is absolutely karmic justice.

I'm glad Trump is doing well!! People in this thread are spiting him are being irrational.
    We didn't really wish for his death, but we are spitting on him for being incompetent and an active nuisance to the fight agaisnt Covid.

Nothing he personally did helped him "conquer" it. Being a POTUS when you have a team of best doctors and experimental drugs available at any time is not "conquering it". No one else does have those resources available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As mentioned earlier, I mostly think it's pretty funny to see people who plainly have little or no science background explain to me that a bunch of Harvard and Oxford experts have no clue what they're talking about. At this point, bothering to actually argue evidence with people that smugly divorced from reality is an obvious waste of time - better to just point and laugh.
    [Infraction]
    so basically your just here to shitpost and start shit. why exactly? did you lose your job and wanted to come in here and pick fights/rant?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    At this point, it's sufficiently well established that there is little or no risk to children that it's safe to assume that anyone denying it has absolute no interest in learning anything about the topic. The responses will just be endless, pointless fear mongering and claims that it could be bad even though there's not any evidence to support it. People that are still pulling "think of the children" bullshit are morons or liars.
    yeah there is clearly not mountains of evidence that your just blatantly ignoring so you can sit here and name call and rant and rave.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-10-06 at 08:38 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Nope. Not unless everyone who has it gets the exact same treatment as him.

He got to have the best doctors, special permission for medicine and doesn’t have to pay a dime.

I’m not cheering his privilege. It’s nice that he “may” be recovering, but he gets not praise for maybe fighting off a disease that he didn’t (and still doesn’t) take seriously.

It's nice that he's recovered because I think the last thing this election cycle could use is more instability, but uhh... Yeah. Very well done on surviving the disease that you think isn't that dangerous with the best medical support available to mankind.

Just work out whether Trump's the twit who enabled the spread of the disease and look at that.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It's nice that he's recovered because I think the last thing this election cycle could use is more instability, but uhh... Yeah. Very well done on surviving the disease that you think isn't that dangerous with the best medical support available to mankind.

Just work out whether Trump's the twit who enabled the spread of the disease and look at that.
    Kinda hard for him to have recovered if the virus lasts way longer than just a few days.

His doctors made it clear he is still sick and infectious. Trump has not beaten COVID-19, he is just high as fuck right now thanks to all the drugs. He will be fighting it up to 37 days. Herman kaine took 28 days to die from the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    His doctors made it clear he is still sick and infectious. Trump has not beaten COVID-19
    Good! Putin and Winnie the Pooh should join him.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah
    It's nice that he's recovered
    No it bloody well isn't!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah
    the last thing this election cycle could use is more instability
    Tell your fellow Americans to not elect THE single WORST Presidential candidate ever to exist in your nation's history then. Maybe pass a law that permits only those with political experience to become President. No more actors or business moguls ffs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    His doctors made it clear he is still sick and infectious. Trump has not beaten COVID-19, he is just high as fuck right now thanks to all the drugs. He will be fighting it up to 37 days. Herman kaine took 28 days to die from the virus.
    ... and still had the ability to tweet well wishes and speedy recovery to Trump on Saturday. What a guy...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    ... and still had the ability to tweet well wishes and speedy recovery to Trump on Saturday. What a guy...
    Wow that's an epic level of jinxing yourself tweeting a speedy recovery from a man who passed away from COVID-19, it's like they are daring fate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today, unfortunately, the 7-day rolling average for new worldwide cases ticked above 300k for the first time. This marks a 15.1% increase since July 31st, to pick a completely random day. Also of note is the fact that, since yesterday, the top three countries (USA, India, & Brazil), are responsible for less than half of the new cases, as the rest of the world has steadily overtaken them.

Since that randomly picked day, the top three countries have fallen 9.6% largely due to an 18.7% drop in India from their high nearly three weeks ago. This has been somewhat offset as Brazil seems to have plateaued for now and the US has seen a slight increase lately with students back in school.

During that same time period, the rest of the world has sadly increased a hefty 55.8%. For everyone in the northern hemisphere, I hope we can all take prudent caution in order to limit the spread as we pass through the typical flu season. Get your flu shots, if you can!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Tell your fellow Americans
    im australian
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Not to mention they had to gamble on something they did not even know if it was going to work.

they (magaheads) should think about that for a moment.

If they are not very concerned about that then there are some real problems.

even with the best medical support in the world it was still like flipping a fucking coin on something that has not even been fully tested yet.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

im australian
    So am I. Our leader sucks too, but at least he isn't an incompetent moron like orange-face. ScoMo is just a back-stabbing (he wasn't voted in) religious pawn.

So am I. Our leader sucks too, but at least he isn't an incompetent moron like orange-face. ScoMo is just a back-stabbing (he wasn't voted in) religious pawn.
    When was the last time we had a PM who hadn't backstabber a previous leader?

Nah, ScoMo's an incompetent moron. I genuinely don't know whether I'd prefer to have Trump or ScoMo in the White House. ScoMo's a colossal fuckwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    When was the last time we had a PM who hadn't backstabber a previous leader?
    Abbott? Won't lie; I'd prefer Abbott to Scotty.

Nah, ScoMo's an incompetent moron. I genuinely don't know whether I'd prefer to have Trump or ScoMo in the White House. ScoMo's a colossal fuckwit.

Abbott! He was a borderline religious zealot. I'm glad that he's no longer infecting Australia with his smut.

Back on topic now; is there any word on a cure to the Chinese-born pathogen Covid-19, or is the world going to have to suffer for who-knows how much longer?

Abbott was Australia's Donald Trump.

Jared? Is that you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Coronavirus news:

Fuck the Netherlands. its going belly up. 5000 new cases.. Daily... tomorrow it will be 6000 cases.