10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like my country is now striking back at China as a revenge against the virus. They are planning to ban huwaei (like us) as the 1.st EU country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Coronavirus news:

Fuck the Netherlands. its going belly up. 5000 new cases.. Daily... tomorrow it will be 6000 cases.
    Values are rising in Germany too, so is the % age of positive tests. (at 1.64% now).
    For the first time in a long while: I concur that we have a second wave happening.
    Entirely expected though, it's October, a new corona season is beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Values are rising in Germany too,
    Rising everywhere in Europe... By a lot .

For the first time in a long while: I concur that we have a second wave happening.
    Basicly its a continuation of the 1st wave, its more like a resurgence of the 1st wave then a 2nd wave.

Entirely expected though, it's October, a new corona season is beginning.
    The virus already gave evidences that it isn't seasonal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Basicly its a continuation of the 1st wave, its more like a resurgence of the 1st wave then a 2nd wave.
    Yes, a 2nd peak to quote Dr. Ryan - but the semantics of 2nd peak, 2nd wave doesn't matter that much.

https://cnnphilippines.com/world/202...ronavirus.html

(No idea why search found it there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    The virus already gave evidences that it isn't seasonal.
    It's not too seasonal - but there indications that there is some weather influence, and people get lax after awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coronavirus news:

Fuck the Netherlands. its going belly up. 5000 new cases.. Daily... tomorrow it will be 6000 cases.
    Far too stubborn of a people to even wear masks at work to be honest. Far too busy arguing how unhealthy masks are of how little it makes a difference

Belgium further closing things down once more also, i honestly don't think the small Café's are going to survive this crisis very few will. Flanders maybe with enough financial backing if they were already in the green but those in the red aren't going to survive another year of this.

Meanwhile Brussels government really doesn't know what to do besides mirroring Paris. Let's close down bars and pubs but let's host a 11K (now 7K) international football match, cause professional sport falls under different guidelines

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florid...0-seat-stadium

Doesn't need to be said but...

Don't go to sporting events in Florida. Even at reduced capacity. Ignore Ron DeSantis, he's just trying to pad his kill count.

- - - Updated - - -

The outbreak in Wisconsin is bad, they're opening a field hospital to handle cases - https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...2bb121b6d58a5d

Wisconsin health officials announced Wednesday that a field hospital will open next week at the state fairgrounds near Milwaukee as a surge in COVID-19 cases threatens to overwhelm hospitals.

Wisconsin has become a hot spot for the disease over the last month, ranking third nationwide this week in new cases per capita over the last two weeks. Health experts have attributed the spike to the reopening of colleges and K-12 schools as well as general fatigue over wearing masks and socially distancing.

State Department of Health Services Secretary Andrea Palm told reporters during a video conference that the facility will open on Oct. 14.

“We hoped this day wouldn’t come, but unfortunately, Wisconsin is in a much different, more dire place today and our healthcare systems are beginning to become overwhelmed by the surge of COVID-19 cases,” Democratic Gov. Tony Evers said in a statement. “This alternative care facility will take some of the pressure off our healthcare facilities while expanding the continuum of care for folks who have COVID-19.”
    Wear your masks. Socially distance. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Far too stubborn of a people to even wear masks at work to be honest. Far too busy arguing how unhealthy masks are of how little it makes a difference

Belgium further closing things down once more also, i honestly don't think the small Café's are going to survive this crisis very few will. Flanders maybe with enough financial backing if they were already in the green but those in the red aren't going to survive another year of this.

Meanwhile Brussels government really doesn't know what to do besides mirroring Paris. Let's close down bars and pubs but let's host a 11K (now 7K) international football match, cause professional sport falls under different guidelines
    My boss wanted me to come work.. I told him.. not in the words I will now use, to Fuck off, and that im at risk of actually dying. Got fired for that.

It's scary how many dutchies just ignore it and call it a hoax or just a slightly stronger flu.

I went off at a youtube vid (vid itself is quite good, young fella tellling people to take it seriously) comment section. I explained that Corona does damage your lungs and even your heart more then the flu will do. (Heart muscle related flu complications are.. quite rare.... However with Corona it seems to be a far higher chance for that). All in all, its super frustrating.
    Last edited by Fuiking; 2020-10-07 at 09:59 PM.

My boss wanted me to come work.. I told him.. not in the words I will now use, to Fuck off, and that im at risk of actually dying. Got fired for that.

It's scary how many dutchies just ignore it and call it a hoax or just a slightly stronger flu.

I went off at a youtube vid (vid itself is quite good, young fella tellling people to take it seriously) comment section. I explained that Corona does damage your lungs and even your heart more then the flu will do. (Heart muscle related flu complications are.. quite rare.... However with Corona it seems to be a far higher chance for that). All in all, its super frustrating.
    h1n1 is more dangerous than covid19 and yet we didn’t shutdown countries for it, we didnt close schools or mandatory masks and we barley felt it existed although it infected 2 billions in 2009 why do you think this happened???

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...u6B2G07kVem8vY This was in 2009.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-10-07 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    h1n1 is more dangerous than covid19 and yet we didn’t shutdown countries for it, we didnt close schools or mandatory masks and we barley felt it existed although it infected 2 billions in 2009 why do you think this happened???
    What the actual fuck. This is just plain wrong.

And your link is broken.

I give this troll attempt a 2/10.

EDIT: Your fixed link is an article from 2009 talking about an estimate of how many might become infected. Later estimates, once the pandemic had passed, suggest around 250k deaths and 1 billion cases.

We're at over 1 million confirmed deaths and 36 million cases so far (though it's probably more like 1.5 million actual deaths and 250 million actual cases).
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-10-07 at 11:06 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

Covid 19
    7.5 million confirmed cases and 200k+ deaths
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ses_totalcases

Your math is off a little.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html

Covid 19
    7.5 million confirmed cases and 200k+ deaths
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...ses_totalcases

Your math is off a little.
    yes thanks i expected someone to correct me >.......>

10+ Year Old Account

your not even trying.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

sounds like your boss(former now) needs to be Sued.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    And rightly so.
    If you are indeed a high risk patient, you need to see medical personnel and get them to to exclude you from work. Your normal doctor won't be enough you'd need a public medical officer to do so.

I am in a risk group too, yet I would never refuse to go to work w/o the input of medical professionals.

As for C19 being a bit more of a flu: that is actually correct. For young and healthy people it is. Research on complications and long term effects is still ongoing but these can happen with any viral infection. Of course, now that we have put a giant microscope & spotlight on one particular infection, we see a lot more of the ugly than we do with other illnesses, simply because we never really cared to investigate.

As for C19 being a bit more of a flu: that is actually correct. For young and healthy people it is.
    Not it isn't,it's actually incorrect. It's extremely more contagious (for young and healthy people) meaning more people it's gonna get affected meaning more people will have harsh consequences.

Even with extreme measures never used in a century its spreading it's several orders of magnitude bigger than the common flu. Without measures we saw all around Europe ( in March) a duplication time of 3 days and that's something the common flu can not do even if we were coughing in each other mouthes in the street.

You need to understand this issue:

X is Covid 19 mortality
    Y is Common flu mortality

Z is the % of people infected by Covid 19 in a month.
    W is the % of people infected by common flu in a month.

X > Y ( at any age)
    Z >>>>>> W (at any age)

So in the end if you are arguing that X is not much bigger than Y ( wich is not true: it could be even 10x times higher at any age range) you are ignoring that WAY WAY more people are gonna buy tickets for this lottery ( Z) than for the common flu lottery ( W).

You can't ignore the fact that there's no inmunity at all in the population for this virus and therefore it's gonna spread like a wildfire...you just can't look at X and Y and ignore Z and W because that's the very basics of pandemics: a disease that is extremely deadly but at the same time really dificult to spread it's way less dangerous than a less deadly disease that spreads exponentially and it's stopped only by herd "mentality".

No,really,stops the "chances for a prize are similiar ( they are not)" and ignoring how many people buys a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    You need to understand this issue:
    You need to understand context.

I was talking from the point of view of a single person being afraid of getting the disease, refusing to go to work (w/o medical order, as it seems) and complaining that he lost his job. To a young, healthy individual, this thing is similar to a flu in severity. Keep in mind, a real flu is no joking matter either. My friend (33) had one last year and was taken out for 6 weeks. He is as healthy as they come: gym, cardio well designed diet, no alcohol,. no drugs, no cigs.... the whole shabang.

I am well aware of the dynamics introduced by a higher R0 and a large % of the population being susceptible to the disease. Even a small chance of needing ICU treatment will rapidly strain the medical systems beyond capacity (hence the measures taken). Not to mention if it starts spreading through the risk groups because we lost control and contact tracing no longer works.

You are preaching to the choir here, even if I disagreed with the measures being kept up during summer, when there was no Corona in sight in Germany.

Surely the man does not have a chance at another term. America cannot be THAT far gone, can it?!
    Even if he loses the election...he refuses to commit to accepting the results. He'll do anything he can to stay in power. He's pushing hard to get his Supreme Court nominee approved so that there will be a strong Conservative majority on the court if the election comes down to a SCOTUS Decision

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Please find a single place where covid mortality is not several times the mortality of common flu.
    You do realize that we only have limited data and estimations about the C19 mortality opposed to decades of hard data on flu, yes?

Hell, RKI for instance calculates death rates only via #tested/#dead, which is absolute nonsense, since it completely ignores the # of people that had this disease w/o it ever being known.

EG: me and my co-worker both have been sick lately. No one bothered to test us. It could have been C19 but no one cares unless you are either an important person or show one of the signature symptoms, triggering a red flag.

Estimations on # of infected range from 250M to 1B worldwide.
    We do not know how many people have actually been infected. You can shape these statistical numbers any way you like, depending on what you assume as a dark figure of infected.

So in that case, I say: close enough to not panic.

Oi, where did the post go?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-10-08 at 12:29 PM.

Fuck the Netherlands... 5831 new cases past 24hours. And Rutte does nothing. He has to increase lockdown otherwise we will get 10k a day in this rate within a month. Only 13 deaths in 24-48 hours... no clue if the virus is mutating into less deadlyness or that the amount of testing done is lowering death and infection rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck the Netherlands... 5831 new cases past 24hours. And Rutte does nothing. He has to increase lockdown otherwise we will get 10k a day in this rate within a month. Only 13 deaths in 24-48 hours... no clue if the virus is mutating into less deadlyness or that the amount of testing done is lowering death and infection rates.
    Multiple points, me thinks:
    a) # of tests, you need to find data on that. I seriously doubt that you increase testing throughput at the above rate but it may be a contributing factor.
    b) a younger part of the population gets infected. C19 isn't very deadly to young people compared to the 80yr + segment.
    c) this is the ugly one: dying can take time. Death numbers can lag behind the case numbers for up to 4 weeks.

Source: RKI, Situation report 06.10.2020; vertical axis: C19cases/100K inhabitants; horizontal axis: calendar week

As you can see: we definitely protect our vulnerable, elderly folks, compared to earlier, hence no significant death toll.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-10-08 at 12:58 PM.