Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You can't ask for sympathy to aged people who know the risks and choose to ignore the rules. The youngsters are not the selfish ones here, they are making all the sacrifices putting their lives on hold, it is time to rip the band-aid off.
    Hope you've called grandma and grandpa (or parents if they're in that age bracket) and told them it's tough shit if some dumbshit kid infects them with covid and they die, and that you're happy that their deaths will hasten the "heard immunity" so you can return to normal life? Because they should probably know you're cheering on their deaths.

I mean, the way people unironically come out as alright with mass-death during this pandemic is really weird.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-10-23 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, the way people unironically come out as sociopaths during this pandemic is really weird.
    I just hope people have long memories after this pandemic is over and they hold those deplorables accountable for their attitudes.

(Same thing for racist Trump supporters, too, to be honest.)

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Latvia had 250 cases yesterday - it is what basically the monthly cases were around July-August.
    Lithuania had 440. Remember - Latvia has less than 2 million people, Lithuania less than 3. Positive test % is 4.4, yeah, its bad. Estonia's numbers are also bad.
    "Baltic wonder" died spectacularly. And it all started with morons going to vacations at the end of summer, because of course they did. And now we have the anti-mask covidiots screaming around, while deaths have started to go up due to massive infection rate increase. Just great.

P.S.
    Oh look, Dribbles has left the Brexit thread and is doing the same crap over here too - excusing everything wrong with UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got back from getting my mom admitted to the hospital here.

She tested positive for Covid last week.

Once she's in the main part of the hospital (we went in through the ER), I won't be able to see her.

Thanks to all the jerkoffs who refused to wear masks. She religiously wore hers, even though she thinks it's overblown, but all it takes is one person being a total shit for brains and she could very well die from this.

I kinda hate the world right now. And I really hate the people refusing to wear masks. Like, hate them.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post

Once she's in the main part of the hospital (we went in through the ER), I won't be able to see her.

Thanks to all the jerkoffs who refused to wear masks. She religiously wore hers, even though she thinks it's overblown, but all it takes is one person being a total shit for brains and she could very well die from this.

I kinda hate the world right now. And I really hate the people refusing to wear masks. Like, hate them.
    How do you know a maskless person caused her infection? There are many ways for the infection to spread even in an area where there is only mask wearing people.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-24 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I did that for the first 6 months, I'm getting real tired of it by now. I'm not gonna start flouting guidance or anything, don't get me wrong, I'm not an irresponsibly murderous psychopath.

I'm just fuckin pissed that we're gonna stay like this for much, much longer in no small part due to those irresponsibly murderous assholes. Would love to get back to some kind of normalcy, but alas I guess I'll remain a shut-in and, even as an introvert, miss a lot of the normal day to day interactions we used to have.
    Yeah I'll be remaining a shut-in as well. I also am introverted, but it would be nice to see a bit more of the world... well the country... well 2 blocks away from me

I drink lots of tea and eat dark chocolate. That way I can get all caffeinated up (it's my drug of choice) without putting on any weight.

I wish you luck on dealing with your anger. Your reasons for it are valid, but unfortunately we don't have much in the ways of releasing this anger. One of the reasons that pro-virus people are working so hard to spread it as far as possible is to trigger people like us.

I am also tired of the virus. But the virus does not seem to be getting tired yet. It seems to have mutated into something more contagious and less deadly. Perfect for continuing its existence as long as possible. Meanwhile, we as a country seem to be working to help out the virus as much as possible. The virus seems to have gotten full benefit from the Sturgis Fuck the Virus week in one of the Dakotas earlier on, and now school openings are starting to give the virus an extra boost. Where I live, pro-virus people use weekly high school football games as a way to help the virus.

Oh well. Take care. And try to have some fun once in a while as well

10+ Year Old Account

Best of luck to your mom.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Blame Trumpers.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Sorry about your mom. Hopefully everything works out alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Deplorables gonna sociopath.
    I see it as the inability to reconcile and cope with reality so they throw caution into the wind. That way what happens 'isn't their fault' just 'is what it is'.

They are mentally incapable of dealing with the truth.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Blame Trumpers.
    What proof do you have that Trumpers caused her mom's infection? Democrats also infect a lot of people, especially when they hold superspreader protests relating to BLM and law enforcement. Blaming everything on Trumpers is an extreme over-simplification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    especially when they hold superspreader protests relating to BLM and law enforcement.
    Except that it has been scientifically demonstrated that those are actually zerospreader events, because unlike you and your co-ideologist chucklefucks, democrats do in fact wear masks.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Except that it has been scientifically demonstrated that those are actually zerospreader events, because unlike you and your co-ideologist chucklefucks, democrats do in fact wear masks.
    I wasn't saying Democrats don't wear mask I just ment they're constantly violating the 6 foot rule while they're protesting. Which if that doesn't have a meaningful effect for mask wearers then it shouldn't apply to mask wearers in the first place.

Also, I think not wearing a mask is dumb but that wasn't the argument I was making earlier. My argument was that if a loved one gets infected you can't automatically assume that they got infected because of non-mask wearers because there are many ways to get infected that don't directly involve droplets and airborne molecules leaving one mouth and directly entering another. That way of getting infected is the most well-known but it's certainly not the only way to get infected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    What kind of person says shit like this whe someone's family is in hospital?
    I feel bad about every infection but that's not an excuse to over-simplify the situation and automatically blame another group of people for a specific infection.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-24 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You clearly dont feel bad about shit. Stop whatever this contrarian shit is if you actually want to care.
    That person is Anti-Science and claims that the Scientific Method is Wrong lmao.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-24 at 06:35 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    That person is Anti-Science and claims that the Scientific Method is Wrong lmao.
    That's a misunderstanding. I follow Karl Popper's scientific method and not the classical Baconian scientific method. Popper's version is much more scientifically rigorous because it's based on falsification and not confirmation. Seeking to confirm theories through repeated observations instead of falsifying them in experiments is inherently unscientific and it facilitates confirmation bias.

This isn't even controversial unless you're in the "social sciences" which mostly has to reject falsification because a large amount of their field is pseudo-science that could never be refuted under any possible circumstance. I don't accept unfalsifiable theories as scientific in the same way that I don't accept the idea of "God" as being scientific, there's simply no way that you could create an experiment that could ever prove the idea is wrong.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-10-24 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    How is it going to last years? Will we even need a quick vaccine? Figures for last week show 433,000 people or 1/130 in the UK had Covid with at least 35,000 new infections back then daily. It could easily be 50,000 people or more a day now are catching it.

By Christmas, certainly Easter everyone in the UK will have had it and bingo a level of herd immunity achieved, no vaccine required.
    With around 9K free ICU beds, napkin math puts the limit of the German health system at around 25K cases per day (with a 5% ICU rate and 7 days of staying in ICU per patient). At 25K people per day, 70% Herd immunity would take:
    100% pop - 15% (currently exposed to the virus, should be immune) - 30% (not needed for HE) = 55% of the population to be infected.

82M * 0.55 = 45.1M people
    45.1M / 25K = 1804 days or 4.94 years.

Compressing that into 2 months: you would exceed the capacity of the health system by a factor of 29.4.
    Imagine the chaos. Imagine what happens to people who have accidents, heart attacks etc.

Not to mention that our systems aren't designed around running at capacity for 5 years straight. Neither the equipment nor the personnel can handle that. So even a permanent load of 25K/day is unrealistic.

As much as I would love to just let the virus "do it's thing", we simply cannot afford to. We don't have the tech, we don't have the manpower. Brute force herd immunity is not a scientifically viable solution. Even if you disregard the whole ethical side of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Understandable feeling but unless you have concrete evidence, your hatred is grossly misplaced.
    For all you know an obediently mask wearing friend could be the asymptomatic carrier and have infected your mother at a private gathering.

Most infections do not occur in public transport, events or shops (places where you wear masks) but in domestic settings when meeting friends, helping out etc.

I hope your mom gets well soon!
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-10-24 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Understandable feeling but unless you have concrete evidence, your hatred is grossly misplaced.
    It isn't, You're also not American.

Most infections do not occur in public transport, events or shops (places where you wear masks)
    Wrong, they are some of the most infectious places especially when people don't follow precautions, there were multiple news reports of Bus Drivers and people attending events dying from the Coronavirus days later.

For all you know an obediently mask wearing friend could be the asymptomatic carrier and have infected your mother at a private gathering.
    Completely ignoring that America has a President who has encouraged the spread of the Virus.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-24 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I see it as the inability to reconcile and cope with reality so they throw caution into the wind. That way what happens 'isn't their fault' just 'is what it is'.

They are mentally incapable of dealing with the truth.
    The problem I have with this characterization is that it ignores the fundamental selfishness that the attitude inherently personifies. Maybe they can't cope with reality, but they're not just throwing their own caution to the wind, they're throwing everyone else's, as well. And with all the information out there, they can't justifiably claim ignorance of the fact that their decision can and does affect others.

If they make the conscious decision that the suffering of others does not matter to them, then they're manifesting sociopathic tendencies, by definition.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, they are some of the most infectious places especially when people don't follow precautions, there were multiple news reports of Bus Drivers and people attending events dying from the Coronavirus days later.

Source: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...ublicationFile
    Page 12

Now this may look a little different in the US, depending on which state enforces what but we have idiots in Germany that ignore everything too.
    As you can see, private households, workplaces and (sadly) nursing homes are clearly dominating here. Public transport doesn't even make a blip on the radar. Neither do Schools, if you have proper precautions.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2020-10-24 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Now this may look a little different in the US, depending on which state enforces what but we have idiots in Germany that ignore everything too.

As you can see, private households, workplaces and (sadly) nursing homes are clearly dominating here. Public transport doesn't even make a blip on the radar. Neither do Schools, if you have proper precautions.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-24 at 10:59 AM.