10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Things debunked the hard way

We can get rid of the virus with herd immunity

It can only become less lethal or more contagious, not both.
    Apparently it can become more deadlier.
    https://www.dw.com/en/uk-covid-varia...xdjzZxQ5htImw8

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If the vaccine works, the latter half of 2021 will degenerate to LFR.
    As long as the vaccinated individual continues to be careful by wearing a mask and social distancing, because they can still be a asymptotic carrier of the disease even after vaccination.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/b...us-deaths.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You will get announcement in a matter of few weeks. Nobody will be holding Olympics in the midst of pandemic, especially not Japan and especially not with these latest mutations that make the whole thing even more contagious.
    We will see.

You might be right. Or they might try to hold a downscaled version, similarly as was done for diamond league (track-field) last year, or ...

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    We will see.

You might be right. Or they might try to hold a downscaled version, similarly as was done for diamond league (track-field) last year, or ...
    if i were them i'd just delay. i'd straight up say lets delay to 2024. you don't make a lot of tourism bucks on a downscaled event.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    if i were them i'd just delay. i'd straight up say lets delay to 2024. you don't make a lot of tourism bucks on a downscaled event.
    Possibly, but that would upset the French, and the Californians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    That's what I am saying. The stuff in italics are false assertions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Possibly, but that would upset the French, and the Californians.
    So?

The world is dealing with an unprecedented event. Part of the mess is due to whining over adapting.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Things outscaled anything reasanoble, today we hited the 15k mark of new cases. Predictions point that in 2 weeks the UK strain will be dominant with around 60% of new cases. We in a full scale lockdown and police as received special orders.

Meawhille vaccination keeps going on, and we already started giving second shots.

The current situation in Portugal is very nasty, and that includes the low amount of vaccines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So?

The world is dealing with an unprecedented event. Part of the mess is due to whining over adapting.
    Doesn't that argue, then, that Tokyo should shoulder that cost rather than Paris and LA?

I mean, you can legitimately argue this both ways.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The Norway's post-vaccination death cases have gained some more traction and are being investigated. Almost all were for people basically already on the death bed, but not like it is stopping crazies shouting now nor do they care about the fact that investigation is happening and not being hiddens.
    There is a chance that there might be some reviews whether to vaccinate the extremly weak old patients, but we will see.
    IF they were on their deathbed with no chance of recovery why would they vaccinate them? Unless it was to use them guinea pigs. Most doctors I know tend to not do things that are trivial with treatments.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my worry. We could have shut it all down another month or two a year ago. Maybe drowned it out rather than dragging it out. No one really looked at the Flu in 1918-1920. We are seeing a similar model now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    That's my worry. We could have shut it all down another month or two a year ago. Maybe drowned it out rather than dragging it out. No one really looked at the Flu in 1918-1920. We are seeing a similar model now.
    The worst part is that it could be 30% more deadly. The thing about the Spanish flu is that nobody back then took it serous. They hid the information and basically nothing was done. About 50 million died world wide and that's from a population of 2 billion back in 1918. We can't really use the Spanish Flu as an example unless we also want to ignore it. They expected two waves like the Spanish Flu, but we've had multiple waves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m actually curious how many people on here plan to get the vaccine... someone should do a poll.
    I plan to but I can wait since I was already infected, so I should be fine for now. Not sure if I even need the vaccine if I've already been infected.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about the Spanish flu is that nobody back then took it serous. They hid the information and basically nothing was done.
    I don't know how anyone types "they didn't take it seriously" and "nothing was done" with a straight face while acknowledging that 50 million people died.

I plan to but I can wait since I was already infected, so I should be fine for now. Not sure if I even need the vaccine if I've already been infected.
    You do.

The vaccine produces a stronger, longer-lasting immune response than recovery alone.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m actually curious how many people on here plan to get the vaccine... someone should do a poll.
    Working at a School, I reckon that sooner or later I do not get a choice in the matter. Still, being young, there are many guinea pigs in front of me, so by the time they do mandate it / make it available, I will be able to make an informed decision. If everything pans out, I am not opposed to it.

The worst part is that it could be 30% more deadly. The thing about the Spanish flu is that nobody back then took it serous. They hid the information and basically nothing was done.
    No, many hid the early information because there was a world war at that time - not because they didn't take it seriously.
    That's why it's called the Spanish flu as Spain wasn't involved in the world wars, and thus didn't hide it.

About 50 million died world wide and that's from a population of 2 billion back in 1918. We can't really use the Spanish Flu as an example unless we also want to ignore it. They expected two waves like the Spanish Flu, but we've had multiple waves.
    For the Spanish flu around the world people counted to four waves (although many countries had fewer), and the third was deadlier than the first - but weaker than the second so people tend to ignore it in the simplified telling.

For covid-19 it's more complicated - worldwide (and in many countries) we are arguably in the first wave, and possibly at the second/third peak (if it's the third peak the second peak was quite weak) - as the cases and deaths have never dropped low. Some countries are bit different - Iran has passed the third peak; China and New Zealand have only had one wave - might be the same for India. Germany have had more of two waves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as soon as am able... and you’d be surprised by the poll results. People seem to think they will become experts in vaccines in the next several months, to form an educated opinion. I personally don’t have the the will or the time, so will have to trust the doctors that did the studying in a more comprehensive manner than what ever random people plan to do in a few months, to match their experience.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, as soon as am able... and you’d be surprised by the poll results. People seem to think they will become experts in vaccines in the next several months, to form an educated opinion. I personally don’t have the the will or the time, so will have to trust the doctors that did the studying in a more comprehensive manner than what ever random people plan to do in a few months, to match their experience.
    I'm simply waiting for a larger sample size in terms of unwanted side effects. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    It's on we're gonna hit 3m people with vaccine soon and 5G zombies are not eating people brains outside yet. Probably did not get the signal from the 5G control towers.

Personally I have no current plans on getting the vaccine, I'm not anti-vax in general but I am also not in the "at risk" category. Just waiting to see if there is going to be any pressure or coercion coming my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    I'm not getting it unless the government makes more than promises about covering costs if something goes wrong. Likewise for a lot of my coworkers.
    You got the last couple dozen vaccines without those promises, why is this one different?

- - - Updated - - -

The worst part is that it could be 30% more deadly. The thing about the Spanish flu is that nobody back then took it serous. They hid the information and basically nothing was done. About 50 million died world wide and that's from a population of 2 billion back in 1918. We can't really use the Spanish Flu as an example unless we also want to ignore it. They expected two waves like the Spanish Flu, but we've had multiple waves.

- - - Updated - - -

so was i an based on everything that has been communicated so far it looks like 60 days out you should be looking to juice up for additional protection. Especially now with new more aggressive strains.

If anything the juice + prior infection will make you that much "more betterer" to be protected
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Personally I have no current plans on getting the vaccine, I'm not anti-vax in general but I am also not in the "at risk" category. Just waiting to see if there is going to be any pressure or coercion coming my way.
    How hard it is to understand you also vaccinate for the benefit of others? If you can't carry virus you protect them as well. Without vaccine you do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard it is to understand you also vaccinate for the benefit of others? If you can't carry virus you protect them as well. Without vaccine you do not.
    If you see dumb people, then show them this:

Also here we have a very limited suppy of it for some reason (yeah dumb politicians and corruption), so you cant realy get it right now.

So far we only got 48.170 people vaccinated out of 2 milion and 6669 got a double douse. And most of those are elders and doctors/nurses.

well technically you still can get covid after the vaccine. that is why they are telling people to still wear mask.

The vaccine is to prevent you from getting sick, really sick, hospitalized and dead.
    there is still a possibility of you becoming a carrier and spreading the virus.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!