10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It doesn't but as the study shows, if an action is acceptable to do, people will perceive if something is safer if its considered morally good in their view.
    Because doing harm is pretty commonly known to be immoral... that study doesn’t mean anything... that’s the most basic form of morality.

Edit: Why do you think it’s been made into a wedge issue? If people thought the virus was harmful, they would take the moral action to prevent it. Those who didn’t believe in it, were demanding their hair cuts and making up suicide statistics.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-10 at 10:53 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It doesn't but as the study shows, if an action is acceptable to do, people will perceive if something is safer if its considered morally good in their view.
    Yeah, not trying to kill people, is morally good. Not a hard concept to grasp, but seeing you struggle here is concerning..

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah, not trying to kill people, is morally good. Not a hard concept to grasp, but seeing you struggle here is concerning..
    Huh? The study basically shows what people think there is less risk of spreading covid if they perceive their actions as morally good. What are you on about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Huh? The study basically shows what people think there is less risk of spreading covid if they perceive their actions as morally good. What are you on about?
    Not wanting to spread covid, is, not trying to kill people, and therefore morally good.

When a teacher can't connect the dots...

7+ Year Old Account
    Not wanting to spread covid, is, not trying to kill people, and therefore morally good.

When a teacher can't connect the dots...
    Why am I being told this by you? Maybe that is the question I should have asked.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Why am I being told this by you? Maybe that is the question I should have asked.
    Better to look in the mirror and ask yourself why multiple people are having to tell you this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you posted the study... we can’t @ the actual author...

Better to look in the mirror and ask yourself why multiple people are having to tell you this.
    For me, it’s because they posted the study. /shrug
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Just pointing out that factoring morality into risk assessment isn't unique to covid - https://escholarship.org/uc/item/4wm9b2b2

It's a pretty human thing to do in general. We look more favorably upon anything we deem "morally good" (including that something may be less risky) and less favorably on anything we deem "morally bad" (including that it may pose greater risk).

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now its just you, nobody else seems that upset about a study. So what is up buddy? What are we doing here?

Right now its just you, nobody else seems that upset about a study. So what is up buddy? What are we doing here?
    Damn @Felya, you got some john cena powers here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn @Felya, you got some john cena powers here.
    Oh, I keep the reply-guy on ignore, I'm not down to talk to the "Colombian Exchange never happened" guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think the virus cares whether the subjects are doing morally good actions or otherwise.

Pastor says he won't close church after COVID-19 outbreak infected 74 members
    He's just helping his congregation get to meet Jesus faster.
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

FDA authorizes Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for adolescents 12 to 15 years old

It is 100% effective btw. The bad thing is that only 30% of the parents surveyed by Kaiser Health will get the vaccine for their children immediately. On the other hand, the children themselves are almost universally eager to get the vaccine.

OC and San Diego County are almost ready for yellow tier.

Pfizer is also applying for FDA general use for their vaccine. At which point, the military, universities, hospitals and care facilities can then legally require their employees to get the vaccine.

Also, Moderna is currently testing children as young as 6. Since no news is generally good news, I assume they haven't killed any of their test subjects yet.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-05-11 at 12:27 AM.

Oh, I keep the reply-guy on ignore, I'm not down to talk to the "Colombian Exchange never happened" guy.
    That seems counter-intuitive to the purpose of attention seeking.

Got my Johnson and Johnson at a Walmart on the 6th. Made the appointment on the 5th online, super easy to do. Made sure to do some arm workouts the day I got the shot and my arm besides right where I got the shot did not hurt at all. My only side effect was the first day after the shot I had an awful headache, 2nd day the headache was still not good but far more manageable and the 3rd day I was perfectly fine.

Edit: Chose the J&J because I have a flight in a month to visit a friend so the other shots I would of missed the 2nd dose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just pointing out that factoring morality into risk assessment isn't unique to covid - https://escholarship.org/uc/item/4wm9b2b2

It's a pretty human thing to do in general. We look more favorably upon anything we deem "morally good" (including that something may be less risky) and less favorably on anything we deem "morally bad" (including that it may pose greater risk).
    Yep, it’s a very unremarkable study... It’s why deniers started pushing fake suicide statistics and now claim that vaccines get you sick. It’s the same appeal. If someone considers it immoral to not wear a mask, they are more likely to wear it. If some hack millionaire goes on daily rants how it’s child abuse to wear masks, that will encourage people to not wear the mask, because they have just been presented with a morality play.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is true, what does it mean when you don’t put people on ignore, who keep calling you a nazi? I don’t even know what you are talking about... but, if you are not down with people who are that wrong... Why do you constantly respond to people calling you a fascist? I think that shows you are blatantly lying and spreading misinformation about me... you have me on ignore already, why continue to slander?

No, but, since you really need to bring it up. I can do it while sticking to the topic.

The reason am on ignore, is because you are afraid... after all, claiming that Gavin Newsome was using Covid as part of a reeducation campaign: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Shock-Doctrine

Then the fact that you understand fuck all about medicine, going as far as to discourage blood donation, because you don’t understand how syringes work... or even Bart Simpson/Space Balls humor, when both point out that nothing can suck and blow at the same time: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-in-California

Kinda implies something about posting a study, about people acting on morality, when it comes to covid. Where to people such as my self, this study is wholly unremarkable, because that’s how humans work. I think based on this and the abrasive reaction to folks pointing out the obvious... I think the intent of posting it, was to continue your assertions that covid was something driven by the media. Much like your claim of Virtual Education Shock Doctrine was based on conspiracy about covid, that study had the same intent... try to pretend that reaction to covid is based on morality, driven by the liberal media... instead of morality of not wanting to kill people.

Based on both... posting conspiracy about Virtual Education Shock Doctrine and posting misinformation based on ignorance, to discourage blood donation... I think it’s completely within reason to look at a study that doesn’t really say anything, for a motive beyond stating the obvious.

For example... What was significant about that covid study?

Not unexpected, people are generally very bad at understanding actual risks.

Additionally it also seems obvious that several that have responded to this didn't understand that it was matter of people incorrectly perceiving the risk of an action as less risky if the action was done for unrelated morally good reasons than if the same action was done for morally questionable reasons; and mix it up with covid-19 protection in itself being morally good.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wished that they would stop giving effectiveness with confidence intervals, and especially avoid using 100% effective that much.

There were 16 cases among the placebo group and 0 among the vaccinated https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...-emergency-use - so it's plausible that it is as effective as for adults, i.e. around 95%, but FDA gives the confidence interval as 78.1% to 100%.

https://www.axios.com/uber-lyft-free...39f604fb8.html

If you're worried about transportation, uber/lyft will be offering free rides to vaccination sites in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Not unexpected, people are generally very bad at understanding actual risks.

Additionally it also seems obvious that several that have responded to this didn't understand that it was matter of people incorrectly perceiving the risk of an action as less risky if the action was done for unrelated morally good reasons than if the same action was done for morally questionable reasons; and mix it up with covid-19 protection in itself being morally good.

- - - Updated - - -

I really wished that they would stop giving effectiveness with confidence intervals, and especially avoid using 100% effective that much.

There were 16 cases among the placebo group and 0 among the vaccinated https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...-emergency-use - so it's plausible that it is as effective as for adults, i.e. around 95%, but FDA gives the confidence interval as 78.1% to 100%.
    You are just confusing the masses. Stop at 100% effective. Keep it simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/uber-lyft-free...39f604fb8.html

If you're worried about transportation, uber/lyft will be offering free rides to vaccination sites in the US.
    For some reason I thought Uber and Lyft were already doing that. Or was that in CA only?
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-05-11 at 04:41 PM.

For some reason I thought Uber and Lyft were already doing that. Or was that in CA only?
    They were doing some free rides/discount in a limited capacity, this agreement extends it nationally as best I can tell.