Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Hmm... So Israel back then reported it as one heart-issue per 50,000 doses for Pfizer.

EMA now found it to be less than 1 per 500,000 for both Pfizer and Moderna and combining two different heart issues https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/co...s-pericarditis https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57781637 and only deadly in a small percentage of the cases (<5% - or less than one in 20 million vaccinated) - and among elderly and/or ppl with existing heart issues (who face a high risk of dying in covid), whereas most of the reported cases were in younger men.

One in 50,000 or one in 500,000 seems like a large difference - there might be something else explaining it - or it could simply be that 90% of the cases were so mild that they weren't detected and reported to EMA; but it seems unlikely that the deaths are missed. Or in summary, just a minor issue and the vaccine is safer than risking covid.

(They also looked at rare side-effects for Janssen (or J&J) vaccine: capillary leak and another for the AstraZeneca - GBS.)
    Sample size? EU population is 50x that of Israel. Ethnicity may have something to do with it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It appears that the Reuter article and the research that I linked were looking at two different aspects of the mRNA vaccines.
    I have to wonder if at this point pharmaceuticals aren't a bit concerned that in their collective haste for an effective vaccine they did too good of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I have to wonder if at this point pharmaceuticals aren't a bit concerned that in their collective haste for an effective vaccine they did too good of a job.
    Yeah. A vaccine which lasts years is not too good from a financial perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is from Reuters, not some two bit local crap news.
    Of course Phizer says that, after all they want to make the big $$$ selling booster shots... lol.

The last sentence is the kicker: "it can cause infections and MILD disease". If that is all that Delta does, I do not see the need for boosters just yet.
    More data is still needed but so far it looks like "boosters every 6 months" is unnecessary.

Not gonna bother with any boosters for this virus anytime soon tbh, its pretty much over for now and I got the cross vax stuff which should hold longer than normal anyway. At a certain point you have to just live with small risks like corona or getting run over by a car. No point in doing lockdown forver or banning everything that could harm anyone. There is no 100% risk free world that is worth living in.

At some point getting the booster could even be more risky than to just wait it out for some people with all the potential severe side effects coming to light with more time / data.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2021-07-10 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Of course Phizer says that, after all they want to make the big $$$ selling booster shots... lol.

The last sentence is the kicker: "it can cause infections and MILD disease". If that is all that Delta does, I do not see the need for boosters just yet.
    More data is still needed but so far it looks like "boosters every 6 months" is unnecessary.
    Let's not go full steam conspiracy there, mate.

First of all statements like this have very real repercussions if they are found to be an outrght lie and secondly we have to wait and see the report that will be released based on our data submitted to Phizer.

I, personally, certainly prefer to be on a safer side. If our govt decides to go with boosters, I'll be the first to try and grab it.

Fully vaccinated people don't need Covid boosters, U.S. health agencies say

"We are prepared for booster doses if and when the science demonstrates that they are needed," the FDA and the CDC said.

The FDA, the CDC and the National Institutes of Health "are engaged in a science-based, rigorous process to consider whether or when a booster might be necessary," the groups said in their statement. "This process takes into account laboratory data, clinical trial data, and cohort data — which can include data from specific pharmaceutical companies, but does not rely on those data exclusively. We continue to review any new data as it becomes available and will keep the public informed."

Sad to see best vaccines do have issues after all, even if they are veeeeeeery miniscule. I just know that those sideffects in Pfizer and Moderna is just something which will be used by the antivaxxers. People do not care about only 5 in 20 million, they will scream that there are any at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid antivaxxers, just had a discussion with one in another forum, they called me a fascist, Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Stupid antivaxxers, just had a discussion with one in another forum, they called me a fascist, Jesus...
    That was your first mistake.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    That was your first mistake.
    Not really, i'm not trying to apeal to the lack of common sense of antivaxxers, i'm trying to apeal to the silent users that are reading that shitty forum of antivaxxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Sad to see best vaccines do have issues after all, even if they are veeeeeeery miniscule. I just know that those sideffects in Pfizer and Moderna is just something which will be used by the antivaxxers. People do not care about only 5 in 20 million, they will scream that there are any at all.
    It would not have made a difference. The vaccine could have 100% efficacy and be 100% safe, and the anti-vaxxers would still find an excuse not to take it. Anti-vaxxer is basically a religion with its own dogma.

10+ Year Old Account
    No medicine or treatment, ever, has been completely without at least rare side effects. Sometimes, people are just stupid for the sake of being stupid.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Don't worry a few more and you will realize before they even start talking, just by the stupid looks on their faces, when to walk away....

It finally happened to me where i was half way through a science thought to them....and bam.....i stopped and just walked away.

That seemed to make them even more angry then normal.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just smile, give some random acknowledgment of that person's existence and move on. I was not born to teach stupid how to live their lives and neither I work for law enforcement or MoH.

Last thing I want is getting into argument over that, it's like religion - you can't rationalize to a person who believes.

We met our first antivaxxers IRL when we went to New York a few weeks back. I didn't even know these people existed off of the internet, but there they were, a big crowd of loud protesters. Not just antivaxx, but antimask, and I'm pretty sure anti-COVID. Like flat earth levels of crazy, and in big enough numbers to block off the whole street. Fucking wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not go full steam conspiracy there, mate.
    As I said, more data is needed to form a reliably conclusion.
    But do keep in mind that there are financial interests involved.

If the scientific data shows that boosters after 12 months are recommended, I will most certainly get them.
    I don't think I would subscribe to smaller intervals though.

- - - Updated - - -

Every vaccine, every medicine, every surgery, basically every conceivable medical procedure has/can have side effects.
    The kicker is the risk/reward ratio. That determines whether people are willing to subject themselves to it or not.

So far, I think too few people actually got hit with a serious C19 infection or anti vax would be less of an issue. Once people feel sick as dogs / have loved ones suffering or dying they are surprisingly willing to accept residual risks.

- - - Updated - - -

Last thing I want is getting into argument over that, it's like religion - you can't rationalize to a person who believes.
    My mom is basically like that.
    Parents are both vaccinated but she still firmly believes that there is more to C19 than just an illness and she always chastises me for trusting official data, calling me naive, while pointing to some YT video. ._.

I think the core of the issue is, that people do not trust the government. With all that shit going on in politics, I can't really blame them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    We met our first antivaxxers IRL when we went to New York a few weeks back. I didn't even know these people existed off of the internet, but there they were, a big crowd of loud protesters. Not just antivaxx, but antimask, and I'm pretty sure anti-COVID. Like flat earth levels of crazy, and in big enough numbers to block off the whole street. Fucking wild.
    These people are just as dumb offline as they are online. Trust that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    finally they've opened up for booking an appointment for vaccination in my age group here...
    Don't know your age but it sounds like it's kinda late. As of yesterday people over here can make appointments for 12yo

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile we're sending 700k units of Phizer vaccine that expires this month to South Korea, because govt has to beg people here to vaccinate and they still don't take it free for all multiple locations in all cities.